Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By THawke
Just saw this on Youtube. Actor Josh Gad has been doing these "reunited apart" videos where the casts from various movies reunite for a Zoom meeting during the pandemic lockdown. So far, he's done The Goonies, Splash, Back to the Future, and Lord of the Rings.

This coming Monday, the 15th, he's doing a Ghostbusters reunion. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

jpetrutis81, mrmichaelt liked this
My thoughts from the video, in no particular order:

It’s really fun to see Bill Murray talk about Ghostbusters in a positive way after all of the years of the GB3 questions dragging him down.

Annie Potts doesn’t age. I’d never heard the story about her being thrown into the scene when she was just visiting the set, and the impromptu use of her glasses.

The exchange between Bill Murray and William Atherton over his “magic word” line made me laugh, as well as Bill’s nickname, “Billy 3 Take.”

Was the appearance of Larry King in the end credits the special surprise Josh Gad teased? Or was it the lead in to the Ferris Buehler episode?

I really wish Jason would’ve teased Afterlife a little more, but I understand why they didn’t.

Poor Bill’s vivid memory of seeing the ballroom scene at Reitman’s house around Thanksgiving, without all the SFX, and knowing they had something special...yet nobody else remembered.

This was obviously edited down to fit a certain amount of time, but I wish we could just watch them interact uncut. Less reciting old lines and singing the theme song and more behind the scenes stories and fond memories.

Rick Moranis is officially harder to wrangle than Bill Murray now.
mrmichaelt liked this
I loved seeing the cast and Ivan reminiscing about that. I agree it was extra special to hear Bill look back fondly and making each other crack up during the Zoom.

-The ballroom scene anecdote. That was pretty funny. I wonder if we previously knew they filmed it before Thanksgiving 1983 specifically.

-I don't think I heard about the origin of Peter's piano riff and "They hate this." Sigourney telling it like a little school girl giggling about the boy that got in trouble was so cute. Then Bill adding what do you expect when you film actors before noon?

-I have to look at the old drafts to see what was in place of Janine's intro scene if that was inserted. But that was a funny origin of the glasses.

-Bill's story about Mayor Koch was amusing, too.

-I also don't recall hearing Dustin Hoffman visited the Lincoln Center set. But neat.

-Kumail Nanjiani popping in about what order he loves the movies and his parents was pretty spot on to me. lol.
By Alphagaia
I found it somehow especially funny Bill knew Kumail was buffed up.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't envision Bill as someone who follows the Hollywood news much. Do they know each other from somewhere?

All in all, it was great to see this reunion. Heard most stories before, but Bill being on board added some freshness to those. Made me wish it happened sooner on the Sony lot during the big GB celebration, but still, great to see this.
I gotta give it to these creators, actors and directors. I’m someone who watches almost every behind the scenes thing of the movies and TV shows I love and seeing these people tell the same stories over and over and over and over is fascinating. How many times has Ivan Reitman told these same anecdotes about how he pitched the movie or Sigourney’s audition or when he knew they had a hit etc? I would go crazy. But these guys & gals are total pros and tell it like it’s the first time.

I guess it’s probably a bit ego fulfilling too on some level. After all, how many people get to create a legitimate phenomenon that stands the test of time? Very few. I guess you wouldn’t mind sharing that with people.

I wish Josh Gad would’ve just thrown caution to the wind and asked Bill Murray a follow up question when he was talking about what was so special, or what he missed, about Harold Ramis. “I heard you two got into some sort of feud over a movie? What was that about?” Just to see what Bill would’ve said. He seemed in good spirits here. He was laughing, seemed engaged. Might’ve been as good a time as any.
By Alphagaia
I am absolutely sure either Bill vetoed any talk about the feud between him and Harold before agreeing to appear on this or the party involved thought it would be in poor taste.

With Ramis gone talking about the feud would just cast a(n even bigger) shadow on this whole celebration.
By d_osborn
The Mayor Koch story was GREAT!
mrmichaelt wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:02 pm -The ballroom scene anecdote. That was pretty funny. I wonder if we previously knew they filmed it before Thanksgiving 1983 specifically.
Bill was misremembering about Thanksgiving, the Sedgewick interiors were shot in January.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:02 pm I have to look at the old drafts to see what was in place of Janine's intro scene if that was inserted. But that was a funny origin of the glasses.
Annie told the same story in her documentary interview. My best guess is that she's referring to Janine being in the background in a few shots of the commercial shoot. That's the earliest (production order) scene she's in. She isn't wearing her glasses in those shots, but there is a unit photo of her in the same wardrobe wearing the glasses. Who knows!

mrmichaelt, Corey91 liked this
d_osborn wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:52 am Bill was misremembering about Thanksgiving, the Sedgewick interiors were shot in January.
That's right! No wonder no one else remembered! The only interiors in New York were the Paranormal Studies Lab, the library Reading Room and office, Central Park, Tavern on the Green... the three news studios I guess, the prison, and city hall. No real VFX... hrm.
d_osborn wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:52 am Annie told the same story in her documentary interview. My best guess is that she's referring to Janine being in the background in a few shots of the commercial shoot. That's the earliest (production order) scene she's in. She isn't wearing her glasses in those shots, but there is a unit photo of her in the same wardrobe wearing the glasses. Who knows!
Great catch! I'm guessing since I recall in the Visual History, Potts said Janine's wardrobe was based on the costume designer Suzy Benzinger those glasses were Suzy's.
joegianco liked this
This was one of the most heartwarming GB videos in a long time.

To see Bill Murray smiling and reminiscing was great. Love how he asked Walter Peck to say his famous line "And what is .... the... magic word?"

Also we get confirmation that "Jews and Berries" was used by Venkman for a bit. Murray says for 2 hours they were using that improv line. Surprised it didn't make the cut or at least an out take on one of the releases.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 16th, 2020, 4:38 pm
d_osborn wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:52 am Bill was misremembering about Thanksgiving, the Sedgewick interiors were shot in January.
That's right! No wonder no one else remembered! The only interiors in New York were the Paranormal Studies Lab, the library Reading Room and office, Central Park, Tavern on the Green... the three news studios I guess, the prison, and city hall. No real VFX... hrm.
I was way off. Troy on the Crossrip Podcast corrected me, the scene was shot in late-December.
GozerHadACoolDesign wrote: July 8th, 2020, 7:13 pm Also we get confirmation that "Jews and Berries" was used by Venkman for a bit. Murray says for 2 hours they were using that improv line. Surprised it didn't make the cut or at least an out take on one of the releases.
With all of the raw footage being discovered and the lack of content being produced due to COVID, I would be all for an alternate cut of GB with different takes/jokes, such as the "jews and berries" line!
mrmichaelt liked this

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]