Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
The one I get often is "which one of them are you? Your name doesn't look right"
Pseudolus03 wrote:Here's a new one...just did a Memorial Day parade. At the end, a newspaper photographer was shooting us, and started to criticize all of the inaccuracies of our "Borg costumes".
"you don't have the eyepiece, you shouldn't have a beard, you need to wear darker colors..." On and on. Finally, I politely said, "We're the Ghostbusters."
"...Oh...Oh! Ghostbusters! Yeah! Oh, you look great!"
...Really, Dude?
Matt Campbell liked this
Mike_D liked this
The main problem with having an Ecto as a daily driver? You aren't always in a cheery mood every single day. Sometimes you just want to go get food and go home.

"Okay, is this for real or for fun?"

Neither, right now.

I've heard so many that I can't keep track. My favorite are the disappointed guys who wanted me to be a storm chaser every single time at the gas station. Or the people who still have to tell me their 'real' ghost stories even after I tell them we just wear costumes and do volunteer work.
portugueseGB liked this
Wasn't in gear but I got this last night from a female friend who grabbed me at a brewery.

"So tell me about this 'backpack' you built." Ugh, I hate it when people call it a "backpack". Then she continues to ask what it does and if I'll ever actually "use" it.

I think she thought I was going to really busy ghosts with it.

Now, if only I really could.
My awesome moment today with my gear:

George Takei: Wow, your Proton Pack is rumbling...

Me: That's because it's excited to meet you...

Also, me and the wifey was asked by Allison Mack to have a photo with her! Frickin' awesome, love Allison!
Smeghead, Matt Campbell, hrdcordweeb and 3 others liked this
pyhasanon wrote:My awesome moment today with my gear:

George Takei: Wow, your Proton Pack is rumbling...

Me: That's because it's excited to meet you...
Oh myyyyy...
Last year I was at a haunted hayride event with my group. A lady had asked us if we were some kind of rocket men and if our proton packs were our flying rocket packs. We were like no were exterminaters. Also I was driving home in my ecto with my gf and this older couple had been following us. They followed us all the way home and asked us if we really caught ghost because they were told we were real and our equipment as in packs and such really worked. They wanted to know for sure because they think they may have a ghost in their home. I was shocked and tried very hard not to laugh at the same time. But I did explain to them everything was fake.
venkman30 wrote:Last year I was at a haunted hayride event with my group. A lady had asked us if we were some kind of rocket men and if our proton packs were our flying rocket packs. We were like no were exterminaters. Also I was driving home in my ecto with my gf and this older couple had been following us. They followed us all the way home and asked us if we really caught ghost because they were told we were real and our equipment as in packs and such really worked. They wanted to know for sure because they think they may have a ghost in their home. I was shocked and tried very hard not to laugh at the same time. But I did explain to them everything was fake.
Man! It would have been so tempting to make an appointment with them to do a standard sweep for activity. Then tell em they got a class 3 and for insurance liability reasons they will have to be gone from the home for several hours while you zap and trap it. Print out some of the GB rp game invoices and show them a smoking trap when they return. If they have any more manifestations you could say something about their house being in close proximity to a cross dimensional rift and that more entities could appear. I'm printing up some of the old GB game invoices for my friend's son to have with him on Halloween so he can "bill for services" whenever he has to blast someone in a sheet.
Cornelius, Smeghead, Spengler02 and 1 others liked this

Met Al Frankenstein yesterday as he's my states senator now. I couldn't pass up the SNL relation so we got a pic. He was impressed and tells me, "You know they're making an all female one now."

I responded with, "You know, I'm a voter. Aren't you supposed to lie to me and kiss my butt?"

It was a good time.
Heroic35 wrote:Met Al Frankenstein yesterday as he's my states senator now. I couldn't pass up the SNL relation so we got a pic. He was impressed and tells me, "You know they're making an all female one now."

I responded with, "You know, I'm a voter. Aren't you supposed to lie to me and kiss my butt?"
Best response that could ever be given! hahahaha :lol:
Pseudolus03 wrote:"Is that your superhero spacepack?"

...........what is...I didn't....I don't, um.............WHAT??
Should have said something like, "actually, it's only a semi hero". Just to confuse them. :P
alphabeta001 liked this
While walking in parade on Gloucester, MA a spectator said to me, "thank you for your service" and another said, "Ghostbusters? What is the point?"
I got the "Thank you for your service" during the Boston St Patty's Day Parade as well...
Wow. I wonder if she's even seen GB2. I was at the park earlier today and I was wearing my ghostbusters shirt when some kid comes up to me and says, " You hate ghosts? Me too! Why do youbhate ghosts?" I tried to explain to him that it was just the logo from a movie but he kept on insisting that I should join his ghost-hating club.
Heroic35 liked this
At my churches halloween party, I was in full GB1 rig, and outside of my fiance or my ex-girlfriend, no one knew who I was, or even what the ghostbusters where.... I was asked if I was Superman, Batman, or the churches janitor, but that was it. No one out of several hundred people had any idea....
Today at Boston Comic Con: Does it really work? What does it shoot?

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]