Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
There's a Ghostbusters reference in episode one "Reptilicus" of the new Netflix incarnation of MST3K, aka MST3K:The Return.

If the new host Jonah was trying to get on my good side, he's being very canny about it.

Alex
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Alex Newborn
It always seems to be Jonah. The dude must be a serious Ghostbusters Fan.

From "Avalanche", the fourth episode of MST3K: The Return.

NB: If you love vintage ambulances or have ever been in the wreck of one, you might want to avoid the movie after the first hour or so. One of them careens off the side of a bridge and explodes.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Well, Crow just had to make a liar of out me. It's not just Jonah. The riffs all do seem to be related to the original film, too.

(Fifth episode)

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is now available on Netflix.

Had to pause and take a screenshot when I heard this line in episode 10.

Mr. Gozer is listed on the imdb as Doug Gozer. In the episode he's the head of an NFL owner's meeting. He's played by Sam McMurray, whose career includes National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Raising Arizona, and a recurring role on Friends.

And just for good trivia measure, also in this same scene is Harris Yulin, who played the Judge in GB2. He's been in several episodes of UKS last season and this season.

Casting an actor is just coincidence, but this character name of Doug Gozer is not the first intentional GB reference they've had. Check out past posts for the bit about the Tavern on the Green and the school named Winston Zeddemore.

Alex
Wafflerobot liked this
By Alex Newborn
Not new, probably been mentioned before. But worth revisiting due to its Zombieland prescience.

Been watching Cheers from start to finish for the first time... snorted at this little exchange from a 1990 episode.

Season 8, Episode 22, "Loverboyd".

Lovable but dumb Woody Boyd (Zombieland's Woody Harrelson) is trying to elope with his rich girlfriend Kelly, but isn't sure which window in the mansion is hers. He comes down the ladder which Sam Malone (Ted Danson) is helping to steady...

(Since the picture link will eventually cease to work...)

W: That's not her room either.
S: Well, what took you so long up there?
W: Ghostbusters is on TV. I love that movie.
S: Oh yeah.
W: It's criminal the way it got snubbed by the Oscars that year.
S: Still ticks me off.

Alex
*NormalGamer*, zeta otaku, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Alex Newborn
Later, Sam reconnoiters some other windows, and mentions meeting a cute little chambermaid who had just made some cheddar popcorn.

Then they find Kelly's correct window. When things get romantic, Woody tells Sam to beat it... Sam's exit line about GIJoe toys is also very funny.

When Woody goes to leave at the very end of the episode, he discovers the ladder is no longer there. Wonder where Sam went?

Back to the chambermaid's room, where they're on the bed fully clothed, eating her popcorn, and watching Ghostbusters.

Alex
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I recently started watching Cheers for the first time. It a fun show! I'm a big fan of Wings, so it's fun to see what Wings was derived from. Norm, Cliff, and Frasier all made appearances on Wings at one point or another.

Those are some fun Ghostbusters references right there. They sure got that right about the Oscar snubs.
Alex Newborn liked this
By Alex Newborn
I was watching "Quantico" on Netflix and in the twelfth episode (titled simply "Alex") the character of Caleb, who often makes movie references, told someone 'Good shooting, Tex.'

Alex
By Alex Newborn
I've finally begun watching The Office on Netflix. In season 5, ep. 2, look who's visible among Michael Scott's "different body types are okay" meeting.

(Knowing my photo links will eventually die... it's the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Michael has printed out photos and said the people in them are beautiful. One is the obese twins on motorcycles, one is older Elvis Presley, the next is Stay-Puft in Columbus Circle, then Martin Lawrence as Big Mama, then a CGI Jabba the Hutt.)

Alex
By robbritton
The episode of Talking Tom and Friends called “Ghost Pirate Hunting” is heavy on the GB references, to the point that there are close enough to sue proton packs and pke meters throughout!
By Alex Newborn
I didn't realize Season Four of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was on Netflix now until Arielly S. Arena on GB Franchises Worldwide on FB mentioned a GB reference in S4E3.

It's a familiar poster of Venkman, Spengler, and Stantz exiting the Sedgewick elevator, and in silver ink below each character there are Signatures. ;)

Jump to the 22:50 mark and you'll see it.

Arielly said there had been an earlier GB reference in Season 4 but couldn't recall what it was.

Turns out S4 is only six episodes long, so I watched them all in short order.

In E2, there's a fake TV-movie that Kimmy watches called The Tatum Browncat story. When we see the description on her screen, the graphic has pictures of castmembers Treat Williams and Annie Potts (as Tatum). Kimmy calls Annie by name as she watches, but we never see the actual show.

And then in E4, when someone suggests they 'bust the paradigm', Kimmy says "They do say busting makes you feel good."

Anyone catch any I missed in Season 4?

As you may recall, there were previous UKS references to GB like a school named after Winston Zeddemore, a minor character referred to as Mr. Gozer, and a memorable homage to Louis Tully when they visited Tavern on the Green.

Alex
twmedford23 liked this
By Alex Newborn
Last year, the MST3K series on Netflix included several Ghostbusters nods. This year, with half as many episodes, I didn't catch quite as many... but suddenly in the third episode there was one possible, one undeniable, and then a tangential one.

Enjoy the pics while they last.

The possible:

The undeniable:

And the tangential:

I didn't recall spotting any others in the rest of the six 'The Gauntlet' episodes, but I admit I nodded off to sleep in at least one of them, so I could've missed other GB references.

Alex
By gboy6
In the latest Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ep 19: Purple Jacket, the bad guys use a circuit board that is reminiscent of the Sanyo circuit board.
Kingpin, *NormalGamer* liked this
By robbritton
robbritton wrote: March 29th, 2018, 8:40 am The episode of Talking Tom and Friends called “Ghost Pirate Hunting” is heavy on the GB references, to the point that there are close enough to sue proton packs and pke meters throughout!
Looks like this is on Youtube now. Watch from 5:38 onwards. This one is undeniable!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... BMPM-s3yTI
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Glenn Frederick
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before?

It's not new and it's not really a reference but I had been looking up news on the new "Bill and Ted " movie and I was surprised to find out they did a really bad TV show in the early 90s.

I was even more surprised that at 0:29 they actual show a scene from Ghostbusters of people running from Stay Puft!

https://youtu.be/CKXFbUQKva4
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]