Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I was watching Fairly Oddparents and the dad did some charade about Ghostbusters 2. Then Spongebob came on after it and he and Patrick were pretending to be ghosts and Mr Krab said, "I aint fraid of no ghosts!". THEN Danny Phantom came on and they did a reference of the Ecto 1 about the Fenton RV and one of the characters had a box with the GB logo on it. 3 Nickelodeon episodes back to back with GB references. Weird huh?
hawkbatsquadron liked this
By GBFreek83
Haah! Awesome! I've actually been noticing that ALOT of shows reference Ghostbusters ALOT. Just this summer i've probably RANDOMLY seen about 20 references, all of which put a smile on my face :) What can we say, Ghostbusters rocks and everybody knows it!!
By Radar
I dunno how many of you guys watch "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" on a regular basis, but two of their episodes (I forget the names) have really funny Ghostbusters references.

In one episode three of the characters named Wilt, Coco, and Eduardo believe that Foster's is haunted because of strange noises and green slime they keep finding. The three grab a vacuum cleaner and start hunting for the ghost and Coco, a weird bird who only says "coco", picks up a telephone. Then this little exchange takes place:

Wilt: Who you gonna call?

Coco: Co-CO-CO! (Ghost-BUSTERS!)

Wilt: Naah, those guys have been out of business for years!

In another episode an imaginary friend named Bloo loses track of Cheese, his annoying newly-discovered brother. Although he hated Cheese, Bloo begins having visions of the horrible things that could be happening to an unattendted Cheese. One of Bloo's visions shows Cheese looking into the nozzle of a hand-held vacuum cleaner and being sucked inside. Bloo says "No, everybody knows not to look directly into those things!"

Aside from these Ghostbusters shout-outs, FHFIF has referenced the Big Lebowski, the Blues Brothers, Star Wars, the Matrix, Def Leppard, the Exorcist, the Beastie Boys...I could go on for hours. Pop culture references aside, this show is a real scream and is done by Craig McCracken, the same guy that brought us the Powerpuff Girls. Check it out!
By stanztheman
Maybe its all an underground consperacy, maybe everyone else knows about an upcoming GB III, but the studio is hiding it from all the ghostheads only and these referrences are subtle clues to US!? MY GOD! WE'RE IN A BLACK HOLE!!!
By GhostbusterRayStantz
I don't know if this is a reference or not but I was just watching spongebob where Gary runs away and Spongebob is looking thru a photo album of him and gary playing together. In one pic spongebob is wearing a hat that looks just like Stay Puft's. GB references are EVERYWHERE!!!
By ecto_skywalker
This isn't really a reference, but I just watched the 40 Year Old Virgin for the first time and in the scene where he decided to sell his toys, the first one shown is the NECCA Mr. Stay Puft. Then as he's packing up some of the toys, you can see Mr. Stay Puft in the back ground.
By OMNI
Family Guy

Tom: Ghosts Invade a local familys home so who are you gonna call?

Dian: *Sighs* Ghostbusters Tom

Tom: No their insurance company that was just stupied what you said

Anf their is another one when Peter goes into a house with full GB gear
By section33
over here in the uk it was in a new episode of doctor who on saturday
Ghosts are all over london, the doctor runs in the TARDIS followed by his asst Rose and comes out whereing a pack with gun part and then says who ya gonna call, she replies ghostbusters then he says i aint afraid of no ghost... ill put up the clip at some point
By dr.raystanz
A new episode of Billy and Mandy was named "Ecto-Cooler".
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Not really a reference but I remember one time i was watching the old America's Funniest Home Videos with Bob Saget and they showed a video where some kid had a Ghostbusters Ghost Popper gun. He aimed it at his grandma who was just about to take a drink of her tea, fired it and knocked the tea right out of her hand onto her clothes and floor. I laughed my @$$ off!!!
By ecto_skywalker
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Not really a reference but I remember one time i was watching the old America's Funniest Home Videos with Bob Saget and they showed a video where some kid had a Ghostbusters Ghost Popper gun. He aimed it at his grandma who was just about to take a drink of her tea, fired it and knocked the tea right out of her hand onto her clothes and floor. I laughed my @$$ off!!!

:lol: That's pretty cool! :lol:
By GhostbusterRayStantz
I was just watching a Kenny the Shark episode called Scaredy-Shark with my little brother and there was an episode with a ghost terrorizing kenny. Kat said that it was time for them to do some "ghostbusting"! Lo and behold when the ghost showed up Kat used a vacuum after her and kenny used salt and holy water unsuccessfully but found out the ghost was just a mean neighbor kids hologram trying to scare Kenny away. I knew there was gonna be a GB reference as soon as i saw the ghost. Thats awesome!
By bigjuan2001
Stephen Colbert has this contest where he did these crazy lightsaber stunts in front of a green screen and he asked the viewers to use their imaginations and make a short out of it. Well just watch the clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbwqNVPnKc
By ghostbusterjason
i just recently got back from disney world and around mgm stuidos alot of the street preformers made refrences to gbs includeing one saying "who you gunna call " and saying ghostbusters then the boss replied their in the other park one says not no more boss the boss then replies o ya they fired them it would be great be great for them to come here this was in the hollywood public works street preformes skit
By GhostbusterRayStantz
I saw the colbert report one, it was actually funnier than i thought it would be. As for the disney world gb thing, GOD i wish id been there to see that.
By EmeraldAngel
I just remembered another funny Ghostbusters Reference. It even had Ray Stantz in it. It was in the first Casper movie. The guy who bought the house was trying to get Casper's three crazy ghost uncles out of the house. At one point Ray, in full uniform with proton pack, runs out of the house and looks at the guy. He says 'Who're you gonna call? .... Someone else!' and then he runs off.
By ecto_skywalker
RPMs wrote: Here's one on NASCAR.com that was posted on Wednesday. See rank #13, Ryan Newman who is car #12.

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/feature ... index.html

That is friggin' awesome!!! There are a lot of great quotes there! :lol:

Here a reference for you that goes way back to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 80's. The episode was called "Leatherhead" (this episode can be found on the new vol. 5 dvd). Leatherhead was the Cajun Crocodile and he had been cought by the four mutant frogs in Florida. One of the frogs says, "We need help..." The other one says, "Who ya gonna call? Crocbusters?"
By GBFreek83
You guys watch alot of TV lol

These all rock though, it's incredible to know how many people out there really love and adore Ghostbusters. Why? CAUSE IT ROCKS!!!! PSH YEAH!

-Thiago
By Charnel
There was one on X-Play a little while ago during a game review. I can't remember the name, but they showed the main bad guy and Adam goes "How can you tell he's evil, cause he has bleach blonde hair and looks like Vigo from Ghostbusters 2."
By EmeraldAngel
Charnel wrote: There was one on X-Play a little while ago during a game review. I can't remember the name, but they showed the main bad guy and Adam goes "How can you tell he's evil, cause he has bleach blonde hair and looks like Vigo from Ghostbusters 2."

OMG! I remember that! Hahahaha!
By GhostbusterRayStantz
Get this. I recently bought the 1st season of Supernatural on DVD and noticed about 4 Ghostbusters references.

Episode "Hookman":

- While in the library looking for info on the infamous Hookman, Sam finds a clue in an old book to help defeat it. Dean says to Sam, " Good work Dr. Venkman."

Episode "Hell House":

- Don't know if this is a reference but the record store owner mentions his female cousins name is "Dana"

- When Dean and Sam first investigate Hell House, they run into 2 goofball paranormal investigators, and their names were...wait for it... Ed Zeddemore and Larry Spengler (lol)

- When going back to Hell House a second time after a mysterious murder there, Sam and Dean are hiding out in some bushes waiting for the police to leave. They hear something and look in the woods to see the 2 amateur PI's who are wearing Ecto goggles. As a diversion to get into the house, Dean yells out WHO YOU GONNA CALL and the police notice the 2 amateurs and run to arrest them while Sam and Dean quietly make their way into the house.

It's awesome that GB is still remembered, I definately recommend this DVD set. Season 2 coming soon.
By ecto_skywalker
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: - When going back to Hell House a second time after a mysterious murder there, Sam and Dean are hiding out in some bushes waiting for the police to leave. They hear something and look in the woods to see the 2 amateur PI's who are wearing Ecto goggles. As a diversion to get into the house, Dean yells out WHO YOU GONNA CALL and the police notice the 2 amateurs and run to arrest them while Sam and Dean quietly make their way into the house.

That's pretty funny! :lol:
By EmeraldAngel
Here's a bit of trivia ... not really a Ghostbusters ref.

Lorenzo Music does some of the voice acting of Dr. Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters series. He also does the voice of Garfield in the cartoons and animated movies.

While Bill Murry (Dr. Peter Venkman in the GB movies.) does the voice of Garfield for the live ation films. Haha. Kinda funny thought I'd share it.
By ecto_skywalker
I never thought about it like that. I knew about Lorenzo doing Peter and Garfield, but I never made the comparison. Interesting.

I think I heard that Lorenzo Music died and that's why Dave Culier (spelling?) took over Venkman on the cartoons. But I'm not sure about that.
By 1965Ambulance
EmeraldAngel wrote: Here's a bit of trivia ... not really a Ghostbusters ref.

Lorenzo Music does some of the voice acting of Dr. Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters series. He also does the voice of Garfield in the cartoons and animated movies. While Bill Murry (Dr. Peter Venkman in the GB movies.) does the voice of Garfield for the live ation films. Haha. Kinda funny thought I'd share it.

I posted that onto IMDB when that first Garfield movie came out. The only thing I've ever submitted to them that made it onto the site. That where you saw it?
By Kingpin
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote: Episode "Hell House":

- Don't know if this is a reference but the record store owner mentions his female cousins name is "Dana"

Hardly a rock solid reference, if the name was mentioned in context to a 'Barrett' then it would've been a definate reference.
By EmeraldAngel
1965Ambulance wrote: I posted that onto IMDB when that first Garfield movie came out. The only thing I've ever submitted to them that made it onto the site. That where you saw it?

Actually no. I have Garfield the movie. The GB movies and Cartoons. I have been watching most of them non-stop with my kids (Since we get no TV channels here) and just kinda thought about it and googled to see if the Cartoon Venkman and Cartoon Garfield were the same VA.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]