Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Kingpin
venkman30 wrote:Just saw a ghostbuster reference on the flash. I've seen it referenced on the goldburgs and through out dr. Who also.
Would that be "Who you gonna call?"
By roguespectre
Don't know if this one has been mentioned

On the iPad game 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek. When one enters the motel room and taps on the phone, the main character's voice says, "Who would I call? Ghostbusters?" or something to that effect
By Spengler02
I was racing on NitroType and one user was described as a "Used car dealer". Probably not an actual reference, but I still thought it was cool because that's what Dana was supposed to say before Sigourney Weaver changed it.
By LandoSystem
Latest episode of the Flash had a reference to crossing the streams. Barry mentioned Ghostbusters specifically, another character mentioned how realistic some of the science was in the film and another character brought up how funny it was.
It felt a bit awkward. Love the show, though.
By Spengler02
Actually, the science is pretty accurate. Of the proton stream, the orange part of the stream are protons, while the blue swirly one around it, are electrons, to keep the protons together. I asked my science teacher, explaining the proton stream to him, and he said it was possible.
SPJ liked this
By NickoRay
LandoSystem wrote:Latest episode of the Flash had a reference to crossing the streams. Barry mentioned Ghostbusters specifically, another character mentioned how realistic some of the science was in the film and another character brought up how funny it was.
It felt a bit awkward. Love the show, though.
LOVE that show too! Too bad I missed the episode and it hasn't even uploaded to OnDemand!! (I have Time Warner Cable =/)
By ghoulishfright
Not really a reference, just a cool little song I discovered…

By SPJ
Spengler02 wrote:Actually, the science is pretty accurate. Of the proton stream, the orange part of the stream are protons, while the blue swirly one around it, are electrons, to keep the protons together. I asked my science teacher, explaining the proton stream to him, and he said it was possible.
Wow, never heard it broken down like that. Awesome.
By Spengler02
On that website there are achievements, and some of those achievements give you a status and I was saying that maybe the site designers slipped that in as a status.
By Gloomdrifter
Playing "The incredible adventures of Van Helsing" game. The game is full of references to anything and everything. Here are the GB references:

By Spengler02
In science we watched a science related video made by Spengler Science Labs and the host of the show's name is not Spengler...
By Spengler02
Yeah I just realized that. Oh well, it's still fun to pretend.
By Spengler02
I'm watching the Amy Adams SNL episode and in the digital short they were having a lame Christmas party and they said one guy kept on playing Ghostbusters. :)
By Kingpin
This week's episode of Gravity Falls, Northwest Mansion Mystery contained not one, but two Ghostbusters references:

Early in the episode, Dipper is preparing to watch a marathon of one of his favourite shows:

Later, in preparing to exorcise the ghost at the centre of the mystery, Dipper recites the following incantation:
Exodus demonus. Spookus scarus. Ain'tafradus noghostus...
By Ecto_1X
Not sure if this is references.. but I don't know if everyone watched the SNL 40th Anniversary show on Sunday.. but here is Dan and Bill on the same stage once again.. in I don't know how long..

and here's part of a GB skit from the SNL montage.

By Alex Newborn
Loved that skit. Jim Belushi as Chad Webb. It's the source of a quote I've posted on my FB page every time the rumor of a GB reboot (male, female, or otherwise) gets a little too out-of-hand.

Alex
By Spengler02
I saw the SNL40. I nearly fell off the couch when they did the Bass O Matic thing. It was still a great episode. But back on topic, I think that was already mentioned a few pages back (the Ghostbusters sketch with Jim Belushi, not the episode).
By Spengler02
However, if you're looking for a Ghostbusters reference, I've got just the SNL bit for you. SNL's hottest Ghostbusters reference-holder is - you guessed it - Stefon! When Seth Meyers foolishly asks Stefon to tell a scary story, Stefon spins a yarn of an old, gay man who was called Slimer because, and I quote, "If you'll recall in the film Ghostbusters, the ghost Slimer can hold a bunch of hotdogs in his mouth, and, well, you get the point." Sorry if this was posted already, I haven't gotten through all the pages yet.
By metallijosh
Alex Newborn wrote:Loved that skit. Jim Belushi as Chad Webb. It's the source of a quote I've posted on my FB page every time the rumor of a GB reboot (male, female, or otherwise) gets a little too out-of-hand.

Alex
Anyone ever found a video of this?
By Spengler02
Do you have an iPhone? (I'm not sure if it works for others)
By Mike_D
Spengler02 wrote:However, if you're looking for a Ghostbusters reference, I've got just the SNL bit for you. SNL's hottest Ghostbusters reference-holder is - you guessed it - Stefon! When Seth Meyers foolishly asks Stefon to tell a scary story, Stefon spins a yarn of an old, gay man who was called Slimer because, and I quote, "If you'll recall in the film Ghostbusters, the ghost Slimer can hold a bunch of hotdogs in his mouth, and, well, you get the point." Sorry if this was posted already, I haven't gotten through all the pages yet.
I remember a skit with Cheri O'Terri and...I can't remember whome else. But it was called "Toothbrushers" and they were dressed as toothbrushes for a Halloween episode. They played the GB theme everytime they answered the door for trick-or-treaters.
By Alex Newborn
metallijosh wrote:Image

Anyone ever found a video of this?
Proton Charging has it.

Go to their Facebook page, look under videos, and it's in the VCON Clip Mix part 2, about seven minutes in.

Here's an attempt to link you to it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

PC added some text at the bottom in one place, and there are some color issues from the age of the VHS tape, but otherwise it's amazing quality.

I think it really hits so many aspects of the GB phenomenon square on the head, and it aired in November of 1984, just months after the movie came out.

Enjoy!

Alex
By Spengler02
On the SNL app, you can search for Ghostbusters and three videos come up.
By metallijosh
Alex Newborn wrote: Proton Charging has it.

Go to their Facebook page, look under videos, and it's in the VCON Clip Mix part 2, about seven minutes in.

Here's an attempt to link you to it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

PC added some text at the bottom in one place, and there are some color issues from the age of the VHS tape, but otherwise it's amazing quality.

I think it really hits so many aspects of the GB phenomenon square on the head, and it aired in November of 1984, just months after the movie came out.

Enjoy!

Alex
Finally!
I been looking for that for years!!
Alex Newborn liked this
By Spengler02
I don't remember who, but some one mentioned about Ray Parker Jr. confessing that he was afraid of ghosts, and I just wanted to add that it was in a sketch called "Celebrity Ghost Stories"
Possessed Sony Discman

So it turns out you can give power via ANY channel[…]

New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]