Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By TankHammer
I am watching the new Fox show The Last Man on Earth and they have a Ghostbusters reference.

The title character passes out and hallucinates that an attractive woman saw his signs and found him, saying hearing his voice is like music. He asks her if he may sing to her, which she agrees to.

He starts to sing the first verse of the GB theme song, pausing after "who you gonna call?" and the woman finishes with "Ghost Busters!"
By Alex Newborn
Watching 2013's 'Escape from Planet Earth' for the first time tonight, sorry if this is old news.

There's a very quick visual gag about how all the aliens who've ever worked on this one device had signed the floor.

My eye saw 'Kal-El' when it went by at regular speed, so I went back and paused it, and we had a lot of fun reading all the names.

Near the bottom you can find 'Zuul', and one that is in all likelihood 'Gozer', though a character is standing on the last two letters.

Alex
By Hairy Biker
ALF, Arthur, Barf, Bender, Beta Ray Bill, Bucky O'Hare, Chewie, Dr. Hephaestus, E.T., EVA, Gazoo, Godzilla, Goku, Gonzo, Gozer, Greedo, HAL-9000, IO, Johnny-5, Kal-El, Khan, Kerrigan, Klaatu, Leeloo, Lion-O, Marvin, Mew, Mork, Mulder, Nessie, Odo, Paul, Ratchet, Riddick, Ripley, Santa, Scully, Spock, Stitch, Sue, The Thing, Tinkey Winkey, Venom, WALL·E, Wicket, Yoda, Yogurt, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Zartog, Zeus, Zim, and Zuul.
By Alex Newborn
Io is the signature of the creature at the left of the picture I used above. If the alphabetized imdb Trivia page entry is going to list her, it should really have included Doc and Thurman, two more 'Escape from Planet Earth' characters standing in this shot, whose signatures are also visible.

Later in the movie a section of the floor is seen slightly closer, revealing that among the autographs obscured by Scorch Supernova in the pic above are the name Moya (from Farscape?) and an Eye of Horus hieroglyphic.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Hmmm... just noticed Moya appears in TWO locations, then. It's also in the above frame, near the symbol for 'male'.

And the Imdb folks left off Ackbar, too. I haven't double-checked all of them, though.

Now, nearly all of these are the names of aliens from other franchises-- which makes sense storywise in this film-- so we should really feel honored that our alternate-dimension god and demigod made the list at all.

Alex
By LandoSystem
The new series The Last Man on Earth had a reference.
The main character faints. When he wakes up he starts to sing the ghostbusters song.
Surprisingly good show too.
By Alex Newborn
Curse you, Ecto-1X!

I cued up S1E8 of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix to see the Tavern-on-the-Green sequence.

Then I watched the entire episode to see it in context.

Next thing I know, it's 1am and I've just binge-watched most of the first season.

That theme song, barely two minutes into the pilot, had me hooked.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Ecto_1X wrote:
I just watched the entirety of episode 6, and later in the episode we find out the real meaning of the yearbook quote by Mike Stampone.

Turns out, Winston Zeddemore High is the worst high school in NYC.

Alex
By Ecto_1X
Alex Newborn wrote:Curse you, Ecto-1X!

I cued up S1E8 of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix to see the Tavern-on-the-Green sequence.

Then I watched the entire episode to see it in context.

Next thing I know, it's 1am and I've just binge-watched most of the first season.

That theme song, barely two minutes into the pilot, had me hooked.

Alex
:lol:
By Spengler02
This reference is older than this thread, but in one sketch, Dan Aykroyd did a Bad Conceptual Theater (2001) in which the play was written by a monkey. Chris Kattan played in the play, and then was introduced as actor Ronnie Venkman Jr..
By Spengler02
Oh. Probably just wishful thinking made me think I heard Venkman. It's still cool to think though.
By ghoulishfright
Just reading the Pet Sematary screenplay, adapted by Stephen King himself, and saw this little GB nod which never made it to the final cut…
Silence. Then: SOUND of the cop taking a whiz.

EXT. THE COP

Ah! Relief. SOUND of his fly being zipped. He looks back at the cemetery for a moment.
COP
I ain't afraid of no ghost.
He walks back to his cruiser, gets in, and hauls ass.
By vgirl
I don't know if I missed it being mentioned, but the dub of ep. 3 of Dokkoida!? mentions the PKE Meter during the preview for the next episode. This is after the credits, of course.
By JA Slow
This certainly isn't "new" but I didn't know if anyone's ever spotted this before. In The Hitcher (1986), there's a bumper sticker or something with the GB logo (can't make out the text) on a rack in the diner Jim Halsey goes into after John Ryder blows up the gas station.

Alex Newborn liked this
By Alex Newborn
Not a reference to Ghostbusters so much as a discussion of it, but thought this was still the best existing thread to post it in...

Alex
By Kingpin
During tonight's episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Transitions, Stabler and Benson are following up a case when the find a document letter-headed for a towing business named "Repo Busters" (including it's logo, which is a modern mustang in a prohibition symbol). In reaction to find it Stabler asks "Who you gonna call?" and as expected, Benson responds "Repo Busters".
By Spengler02
Please excuse me if this has been pointed out before, I searched and nothing came up so, here it comes: In the episode of Adventure Time, The Enchiridion, Finn has to go on an adventure to get a book about heroism (or something like that) and at the beginning there is a guy who's name is Gatekeeper.

By Spengler02
When Jane Lynch hosted SNL, she sang Glee's theme song (she supposedly wrote it), in which it was mentioned that Sue Sylvester (her character I'm guessing?) was created during a storm, when a lightning bolt struck. She appeared and the villagers asked, "Are you a god?", to which she answered "No." She also said "I'm Sue Sylvester" but I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a reference to the Gozer scene.
By ghoulishfright
Not really a reference, and maybe someone has pointed this out before, but I just rewatched part of "Scooby Doo on Zombie Island," and noticed a strong parallel to GB2 in the first act. The intro sees the mystery gang all washed up and gone their separate ways. Daphne's now a talk show host like Venkman, and Velma has an esoteric book store like Ray. I think the coincidence is just a little too great...

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]