Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've received my $5000 back.

No. Shawn did not voluntarily pay me back directly. I had to go through a 3rd party arbitrator (my bank) that forcibly took the funds back from Amazon / Kickstarter. Shawn was then left with a debt to Amazon and Kickstarter for the amount.

My bank officially awarded the money back to my account a few days ago.

Anyone that is still owed a product by Shawn can also go through this route. Credit Card chargebacks for products do not actually have an expiration date. I had believed that the deadline was 90-180 days from the date your money was taken... but for products the deadline is 90-180 days from the last 'ship date' given to you. So if you keep getting told different information the charge back time frame keeps increasing.

We're still waiting to find out when Julz will be paid back, as well as a few others. Some backers on Kickstarter (un-related to Ghostbusters) have also been demanding (and receiving) refunds from Shawn. I believe I also saw the MIGHTY project acknowledged on Reddit's Kickstarter category for scams and failed projects.
JoeLuna33, BlkMesaHero, wm6929 and 8 others liked this
And he is already taking credit for my bank taking the money away from him. (Also conveniently left out any mention of other monies owed). He seems to believe that he is some kind of knight for not trying to fraudulently hold up or dispute the process.

Quotes, incase the images get deleted:
Shawn Swift wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that AJ did finally get the $5k I owed him back from Amazon today. I allowed the charge-back to go through, so I'd say I had a hand in correcting the issue.
Shawn Swift wrote:As for the repayment not being voluntary, as I mentioned before, I was given the opportunity to contest the chargeback, and chose not to. It would be nice if he showed a little appreciation for that. I could have dragged it out for months. I'm sure most people would not be as kind to someone who called them a thief and a fraud and attempted to destroy their business and reputation.
abaka, Kingpin, julz and 1 others liked this
Glad to here you got your money back AJ ...
zeta otaku liked this
Can you follow up with what Shawn is offering those who are owed PKE Meters? That way anyone who is in the same boat can be apprised of this also.
AJ Quick liked this
I would avoid this guy at all costs. I was one of the lucky ones that did get his mighty or so I thought, I have had this kit installed in my pack for a while now and the programing keeps on dropping out of the card, I got a new one and the same thing happens. His customer service really sucks as well. It was pretty sad I had to use my government email address to finally get a response out of him and he suggested everything that I tried already, Avoid his Ebay auction at ALL COSTS!!!!!!! I am not very impressed with the mighty controller at all. This is the second year in a row now I don't have a pack for Halloween.
AJ Quick, ProtonCharger liked this
He still owes Julz money. Pretty sure he hasn't gotten a job yet, and is still coasting off of the left over MIGHTYs that I originally paid for.

As I understand it, Julz is now at the mercy of his bank to determine if Shawn committed fraud, and I believe Shawn has no problem doing it that way instead of just refunding julz.
I guess I should not be complaining to much AJ as I know he has taken advantage of you and others in the thousands of dollars and me only a couple hundred bucks. I just want others to be warned what happens when you deal with someone like this. I had to fight with him tooth and nail for any type of response and the sad part is the kit I did get from him crapped out on me on Thursday,

When you get the sound kits back in stock I am going to buy all three pack, gun, and sound kit from the shop. At least I know I will be getting a high end kit,
More customer feedback on Shawn's quality control:
910dohead wrote:As the title says, I am looking for the extension cable for the mighty microcontroller. Mine has a break/short in it which is making my thrower lights go nuts or not work at all (I just installed it too and its giving me endless issues). Anyone who may have originally purchased the kit and ended up not using the cable? Please, send me a PM.
spark wrote:I have the same problem. I emailed Shawn a at least a few weeks ago and asked if he had any extras. He said he did so I sent him the money for a replacement. A couple weeks go by and I didn't hear anything. I emailed him and lo and behold he must have miscalculated how much he had in stock. Now I'm waiting for him to get more in.

What I did in the mean time is I found out which wires were the problem and spliced in new wires from the gun to the pack. I just cut the wires a few inches from those black connectors and soldered a wire in. Best of luck.

-Mark
910dohead wrote:Originally I had issues with just the activate button not flipping. He recommended that I rearrange the unused wires and see if that resolved the issue. It seem to have worked shortly but now it seems the entire cable is bad. My break seems to be in the middle of the house. I can turn on the lights by bending it in a certain spot. I sent him an e-mail a few days ago asking to purchase a new one, but I haven't received a reply. I figured I would try here since Halloween/Comikaze is less than a week away. Was going to try for a fix before then.
Link
Polly wrote:I guess I should not be complaining to much AJ as I know he has taken advantage of you and others in the thousands of dollars and me only a couple hundred bucks.
No no. Absolutely complain. We need to hear more from those out there that were ripped off or wronged by Shawn. I worry that there are more out there, but are being held captive by to be broken promises.
I should chime in here with an update since I am being quoted. I got a hold of Shawn today about my bad extension cable. I offered to pay for a replacement/shipping but Shawn refused to accept any payment from me. I just received an e-mail from the usps with tracking info and shipping confirmation for the cable. It'll be here Wednesday with enough time for me to install it before Halloween/Comikaze. It was very nice of him to do that for me seeing as though I bought the kit second hand. He didn't have to do that and I am thankful that he came through for me.
momeraths24 liked this
I am glad everything worked out for you with your mighty extension kit.

I am just not happy at the fact that no member of the Ghostbusters of Alberta seen his kit working first hand. Mine worked for a very short period of time and crapped out. Shawn needs to realize not everyone....maybe just me is not happy with the design of his product. I am not going to get started on with the PKE meter kit I purchased from him and didn't receive. I thought we had an agreement made about sending me another mighty instead. I haven't gotten that yet.

When the kit did work, I was impressed with the functionality of it....but disappointed the kit kept quitting on me, I just want people to know what has happened with the kit I purchased with him and other transactions I have made with him.

Bottom line I am just not happy with his product, You can't make everyone happy. At the end of the day the choice is yours. I just wanted everyone to know about the experience I had.
I'm happy to try and help anyone here with getting their Mighty working. With all of the issues aside, it is a totally functional system, and despite the business issues, I've been very happy with how mine works. I was the first person to buy one, and I worked through several early issues with the controller, so if anyone needs help getting theirs working, outside of contacting Shawn directly, please feel free to message me, and I'll do what I can. I don't want to see anyone feeling like they got ripped off.
910dohead wrote:I should chime in here with an update since I am being quoted. I got a hold of Shawn today about my bad extension cable. I offered to pay for a replacement/shipping but Shawn refused to accept any payment from me. I just received an e-mail from the usps with tracking info and shipping confirmation for the cable. It'll be here Wednesday with enough time for me to install it before Halloween/Comikaze. It was very nice of him to do that for me seeing as though I bought the kit second hand. He didn't have to do that and I am thankful that he came through for me.
Gee

Nice to see some people getting their moneys worth :sigh:

I've got a great idea, how about people send me money for his extension kits so I can make some of my money back he owes me. I believe I'm still quite a few "thousands" of dollars in the hole over the mighty and I'm having to go through my bank to try and get my money back, but its always nice to see people giving him positive feedback and supporting him.
Julz, there is no one here that sympathizes with you more on this issue. It is horrible, and I want to see you paid every cent he owes you. But that is uncalled for.

He owes you, not the other customers trying to get what they paid for themselves.

Every dollar he gets in through a purchase should go to you, I agree with that. But its up to Shawn, not his customers to send to you.
abaka, usfmichele liked this
Oh I know

I wasn't being serious, just bitter

I don't expect any of his customers to pay me, I just get in a very bad mood every time something like this feedback thread gets a bump.

For what its worth I'm sorry, but as I said I was more venting than anything.
AJ Quick, abaka, wm6929 liked this
julz wrote:Oh I know

I wasn't being serious, just bitter

I don't expect any of his customers to pay me, I just get in a very bad mood every time something like this feedback thread gets a bump.

For what its worth I'm sorry, but as I said I was more venting than anything.
I feel the same way it angers me to no end when he claims to be destitute and almost living on the streets yet now he is going to start "Research" on a trap kit yet can't scrape up enough money to pay back everyone he owes and either send us our PKEs or refund our money as well.
Anyways I apologize this is a feedback forum not a bitch and moan about Shawn Swift forum, I really don't understand, knowing what this con-man has done, and his history why people continue to support him that's all.
I'll stop now.
Good to hear Cowbybill.

Seems like all the recent complaints are reminding him that he needs to actually deliver things to his customers. Given that a few people posted here and then immediately got contacted by Swift... seems like he's bribing people to stop the complaints.

Don't hold back until you get that remainder.

Sad to see that a similar concession couldn't have been made to Julz.
Apparently there are prop group mods on Facebook (Hardcore Ghostbusters Props being one that I know of) that are applying the screws to Swift to have him make good on his debts and promises.
I had no influence on him doing this by the way this all started when I was at work last night and snowballed.
After a little digging we've discovered that Shawn Swift, creator of the "MIGHTY" Proton Pack electronic kit has been posing as a female member of GBFans named GreyLady, in order to get around the ban on his GhostGuy account.

He created GreyLady using a fake email service and was sending out PMs to people on the site posing as a Shawn Swift sympathiser. The PMs we have been forwarded contained the same arguments he'd used to try draw attention away from his fraudulent selling behaviour and attempts to discredit this website, its operation and myself.

Shawn's accusations included claims that the Moderators would ban anyone who bought items from him, followed by a link where you could purchase his kit.

We were fairly certain GreyLady was Shawn based on his writing style, and that belief was cemented when a Moderator at the Replica Prop Forum confirmed that their sswift account had the exact same IP address as GreyLady here.

A very sad and disappointing attempt at gaining customers and support, and frankly another reason why he should be avoided.

In addition to this, we have also banned the user Duffman after it was discovered that he was communicating with members of GBFans on Shawn's behalf, using PMs to convince others to buy from Shawn. Promoting a banned/blacklisted seller is prohibited under several points outlined in the GBFans forum rules, here: http://www.gbfans.com/rules/

We were initially going to simply issue Duffman with a warning, however we discovered further messages where he expressed utter disregard and hatred for the forum and its members and we had no reason to let it slide as a "newbie mistake".

Contrary to Shawn's accusations, there aren't any repercussions for buying from a banned or blacklisted seller on a 3rd party site. However, allowing a banned/blacklisted seller to communicate through you on GBFans, as a shill, or sending unsolicited messages in support of a banned/blacklisted seller will result in a ban in most cases.

As these unsolicited PMs weren't asked for by the receiver, they should be considered as spam or junk mail. We ask that if you do receive an unsolicited message that you please report it using the Report button.Image
jackdoud, abaka liked this
That's

Just

Really

Sad

:sigh:
I would like to come in here and give an update to what happened to me over the weekend. Like I stated before, Shawn offered to ship me a replacement cable at no cost to me. It arrived in time for me to install it before my event. I am still very grateful that he was able to accommodate me in my last minute need. After installation, everything worked perfectly. There was no room for complaints. However, while I was at my event, the cable only made it through a full day. Halfway through the second day the cable managed to short out and I was unable to use the full effects from the kit. I was left with the same problem that I had before.

The ribbon extension cable he is using will not hold up to normal use. I wasn't doing anything that would be considered misuse towards my pack or thrower. I would simply be unlatching my thrower, using the effects and re-latching it to my pack. I never bumped into anything nor did the hose ever get caught on anything. It's simply a cheap cable that will go bad on you quickly. I guess you could say that if the cable were to be stationary and not have to move at all, then i'm sure it would be useful. However, since its specific function has to allow it to move, its not a cable that is useful. In layman's terms; it's crap!

I'd recommend that anyone who also has this problem to read the comments in this thread: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 30&t=35226. It contains links to products that can be cheaply purchased in order to build yourself a more reliable and stronger cable. I am still grateful to Shawn for sending me a replacement and waiving the cost. However, I can't recommend that anyone use his extension cable for his kit. I will now be building my own and I recommend anyone else to do the same.
jackdoud liked this
Ron Daniels wrote:Please take discussion of potential solutions to wire issues to another forum. This is a feedback thread. Any posts made with a primary purpose other than seller feedback will be deleted.
Moved to appropriate thread here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 30&t=35226

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]