By Nuclearjungle
ImperialWalker, I bought some bullet latches inexpensively on Ebay, so I'd recommend checking there before resorting to an acorn nut.
By ImperialWalker
Good idea. I checked earlier today and it was the same issue. There seemed to be only one listing I could verify were the correct ones, but it was the same issue. Either it was being offered in packs of 10+, was the wrong model, or the shipping was nonsense to Canada.

I just emailed two local K&V distributors to see if they could get them in stock, so I'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I'm fine with 3D printing one if I can get the exact specs. The Acorn nut looks silly now and I already took it off.
By ImperialWalker
westies14 wrote: February 1st, 2021, 9:54 am For anyone who'd like to model or fabricate the part, here are some reference pics and dimensions: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e26s6woro45r ... gRmHa?dl=0

Note that the round protruding "bullet" can be dialed in and out for different depths, and on the prop it's sitting much further inside the body/shell than it is in these pictures.
Sorry to bother you. Could you verify the diameter of the hole, the thickness of the rim, and if possible the distance between where the dome starts and the bottom of the hole? Also, does the hole go all the way though?
By westies14
The hole does not go all the way through - it’s just a point to get leverage for rotating it (which sets its height, like a screw). I thought those measurements were taken at the time - if there aren’t pics of them I may have only noted them. I’ll check!
By ImperialWalker
Worked a bit on this. I think it is pretty close, except I don't know the thickness of the lip, or the hole size/placement.

The rest should be as close as I can get without schematics.

What I am thinking is that I'll make a version of this that is shorter and flat on the bottom. I think it should also be two pieces for ease of printing and also so it can be positioned wherever the user wants.

I also have to test if this can be printed on an FDM printer. If the walls are not thick enough I may have to opt to make it a solid object.
tobycj liked this
By mburkit
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

ImperialWalker wrote: January 31st, 2021, 5:28 am Excellent work!

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I am wondering where one might find that "bullet latch?"
It is one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Knape-and-Vogt ... Sw1qtgHVvB

Knape and Vogt 903 3/8 Inch Diameter Drive-In Ball Cabinet Catch
By mburkit
countspatula wrote: January 31st, 2021, 1:28 pm
mburkit wrote: June 28th, 2020, 8:14 pm Got my second pedal done. Just need to find some way to get my hands on a vinyl version of that white label that goes on the side!
Thank you for this excellent build log! It pointed out some stuff I had never noticed and it inspired me to update my pedal kit.

First, this may come in handy - Ken Chung & I just finished a set of trap/pedal labels with the GB1 pedal sticker - my shop link is in signature.
Awesome, I ordered some labels then!
By ImperialWalker
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mburkit wrote: February 9th, 2021, 1:41 pm
ImperialWalker wrote: January 31st, 2021, 5:28 am Excellent work!

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I am wondering where one might find that "bullet latch?"
It is one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Knape-and-Vogt ... Sw1qtgHVvB

Knape and Vogt 903 3/8 Inch Diameter Drive-In Ball Cabinet Catch
Appreciate the link, but it does not ship to Canada which seems to be the issue with this latch. Local distributors also don't seem to carry it. I ended up modelling and printing a resin version.
mburkit liked this
By dannyrosario
Walmart Ghost trap upgrade

I bought the pedal to ghost trap hose kit from Charlesworth but need to know what size are the brass fitting male connectors and how to run the wires through it.
By tobycj
dannyrosario wrote: August 15th, 2022, 5:28 am Walmart Ghost trap upgrade

I bought the pedal to ghost trap hose kit from Charlesworth but need to know what size are the brass fitting male connectors and how to run the wires through it.
Assuming he is selling Foster connectors with that kit, then the thread size on them is 1/8 NPT. No idea about running the wires through it, but there are probably other threads in this forum that may cover that. This thread specifically pertains to a scratch built pedal, rather than modding an off the shelf Walmart one.
By Kukem
I feel bad posting in an old topic, but it seems to be the right place. I can't figure out how to install the bellows for the pedal. Can anyone explain or show a picture of how to do it? I looked through a few places and can't seem to find it....

Edit: sorry, I found some info. Apologies, everyone.
tobycj liked this
By mburkit
Kukem wrote: May 4th, 2023, 12:32 pm I feel bad posting in an old topic, but it seems to be the right place. I can't figure out how to install the bellows for the pedal. Can anyone explain or show a picture of how to do it? I looked through a few places and can't seem to find it....

Edit: sorry, I found some info. Apologies, everyone.
With my 2 pedals, I did it 2 different ways. For the pedal that is for display only in my collection, I installed the bellow how I feel it was done originally for GB1: I glued the bottom of the bellow to the wooden base of the pedal. For the pedal that is for my belt hanger, I installed the bellow how it was on some of the GB2 pedals; I used picture wire that is attached to the vector plate, through the bellow, and secured through metal plate on the bottom of that pedal. I did this second one like this because this pedal will hang from my belt so I wanted that pedal built more securely than just glue.
Kukem liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]