By cristovalc
Hey guys, I'm currently building a Ghost Trap, but before I put it all together I'm wondering if you all could help me find the measurements for the placement of the screw holes for the V-hook on the underside of the trap? I won't be getting the holster for another few months, but would like to pre-drill the holes so I don't have to take it apart again and do so in the future. I'll probably be buying the one available on the GBFans website, so if anyone is currently that model could you help a guy out? Thanks!
cristovalc wrote: February 15th, 2020, 4:50 pm Hey guys, I'm currently building a Ghost Trap, but before I put it all together I'm wondering if you all could help me find the measurements for the placement of the screw holes for the V-hook on the underside of the trap? I won't be getting the holster for another few months, but would like to pre-drill the holes so I don't have to take it apart again and do so in the future. I'll probably be buying the one available on the GBFans website, so if anyone is currently that model could you help a guy out? Thanks!
I just measured mine... The first hole is 1/2" from the edge of the back wheel truck, and the holes are 1" apart. I don't know if that's "screen accurate" but putting the hook as far back as possible gave me the most room ahead of it to hook it onto the plate on the uniform.

Can I ask what kit you're building from? I built a Benofkent trap, and because of the height of the wheel trucks, I had to use a small square of acrylic as a standoff for the hook to allow it to reach the belt plate. If you're running into that same issue, I can dig back through emails and find exactly where I got that acrylic from, and the exact thickness.

cristovalc, Phatbeazie liked this
Mike, Can you tell me what thickness and where you sourced the hook extension standoff?

"I built a Benofkent trap, and because of the height of the wheel trucks, I had to use a small square of acrylic as a standoff for the hook to allow it to reach the belt plate. If you're running into that same issue, I can dig back through emails and find exactly where I got that acrylic from, and the exact thickness."

mike_waclo wrote: February 16th, 2020, 6:15 am
cristovalc wrote: February 15th, 2020, 4:50 pm Hey guys, I'm currently building a Ghost Trap, but before I put it all together I'm wondering if you all could help me find the measurements for the placement of the screw holes for the V-hook on the underside of the trap? I won't be getting the holster for another few months, but would like to pre-drill the holes so I don't have to take it apart again and do so in the future. I'll probably be buying the one available on the GBFans website, so if anyone is currently that model could you help a guy out? Thanks!
I just measured mine... The first hole is 1/2" from the edge of the back wheel truck, and the holes are 1" apart. I don't know if that's "screen accurate" but putting the hook as far back as possible gave me the most room ahead of it to hook it onto the plate on the uniform.

Can I ask what kit you're building from?
I got mine printed from Sean Charlesworth himself, since getting it 3D printed from anywhere around me would have been a little cost prohibitive (at the time anyway, lord knows how much money I sunk into this whole project in the end).

Those measurements ended up being perfect anyway, thanks! The clip sat a bit too low originally though, so I boosted it up with two squares cut from the spare leather I used on the holster, and screwed it on to that like a sort of padding. Worked like a charm!

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]