By Ryusui
Just offering up a little something to the community.
Ghostbusters Sound Effects Files

To my knowledge, no one has extracted or recreated the sound effects of the trap. Included in the ZIP file:
  • trap opening
  • trap closing
  • bar graph lightup sound
  • blinking red light sound
  • full trap sequence
The full sequence file has the bar graph and red light sounds timed exactly as they are in the movie, and just a one second delay between the open and close sounds.

Also included are pulls of the PKE meter at the 4 different levels - low, mid, hi, and full.
There's two versions of the mid file because once I removed the music and could actually hear the PKE sound clearly, it seemed a little too...melodical to my ears. So I just reversed a couple of sections. It doesn't loop quite as well as the default composition, but it feels less like a song.
The full has three versions. One in the sequence just as it appears in the movie. CLICK (turning on) - gradual increase in pitch - short full pitch - CLICK (turning off). The second is without the clicks and a little bit of extension to the length of the full pitch. The third is just the full pitch for looping purposes.

Lastly, I also threw in the containment unit pull I made for my phone's voicemail notification tone a few years ago.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Ryusui on June 11th, 2020, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ecto-1 fan, Rowan J. Zweig, NotSabbat and 4 others liked this
By Ryusui
countspatula wrote:Nice! Man I could have used this about 3 months ago!
Thanks! Maybe when I get my 3D printer and build my trap off your plans I'll incorporate these sounds into it. ;)
ajdeployed12 wrote:Anyone have the Theme Song and Wand sounds for download?
http://www.gbfans.com/images/shop/pack- ... -files.zip
Ryusui thanks so much!

Someone should mod the Matty trap like they did the PKE.. The original beeping is a lot more realistic and frantic.

I wonder if the PKE soundmod chip making the rounds on this forum takes advantage of these PKE sounds?
Hello,

I just came across this forum. I was wondering if anyone had the sound effects for the sirens in the movie? Also, does anyone know of anything similar to use for the piano in the beginning of the new trailer?
I am currently creating a new SFX pack (based on the trap sounds in the Sedgewick Hotel sequence) for my own ghost trap build as I am not really a fan of the video game trap sounds. As extracting the isolated SFX directly from the movie is extremely difficult due to the amount of other sound effects and music that you can hear over the top, I am recreating them as accurately as I can. I'll be sure to share them here on the forum as soon as I am finished.
Hey Ryusui... welcome back. Thank you so much for these - they're really great.

I mean, I wished you had posted them before I spent four days trying to recreate them from scratch, but there you go :wink:

Would you mind if I incorporated them into a Ghost Trap sound FX pack that I'm currently working on and will be sharing soon (with full credit of course)?
Ryusui liked this
By Ryusui
EctoLabs wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:08 pm Hey Ryusui... welcome back. Thank you so much for these - they're really great.

I mean, I wished you had posted them before I spent four days trying to recreate them from scratch, but there you go :wink:

Would you mind if I incorporated them into a Ghost Trap sound FX pack that I'm currently working on and will be sharing soon (with full credit of course)?
By all means, use them as you please! And I appreciate the credit. I'm just happy if they help at all! 🙂
Ryusui wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:36 am Hey all.

It was brought to my attention that these files might still be desired by the community. I reuploaded them to my Dropbox for sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0cgca5hl0ta1 ... X.zip?dl=0

I also edited the first post's link.
Hi Ryusui,
Thank you so much - that's really awesome! I Think i'll have to replace some of the videogame-sounds in my ghosttrap with these - excellent work. You.....well you know :crunch:
Ryusui liked this
By Ryusui
Theoderic wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:48 am
Ryusui wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:36 am Hey all.

It was brought to my attention that these files might still be desired by the community. I reuploaded them to my Dropbox for sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0cgca5hl0ta1 ... X.zip?dl=0

I also edited the first post's link.
Hi Ryusui,
Thank you so much - that's really awesome! I Think i'll have to replace some of the videogame-sounds in my ghosttrap with these - excellent work. You.....well you know :crunch:
Dude. That's awesome. I'm actually gonna go buy myself a Crunch bar tomorrow for this. Thanks!
    Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]