For users in Canada. Eh?
By Phil_Oxmxy
Ramzi wrote:I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. I've just started my GB outfit and plan to rock out in it at Anime North this year.
Dude, I'm from Ottawa too!
By GB_Freak
Ramzi wrote:Wow! There are a lot of us.

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. I've just started my GB outfit and plan to rock out in it at Anime North this year. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have a full proton pack ready by then, but I'll still have an awesome costume after sifting through all the advice on this site.

I'm from Ottawa as well. I too am working on a proton pack, maybe we can meet up and go over the layout and help each other out.
By GB_Freak
Phil_Oxmxy wrote:
Ramzi wrote:I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. I've just started my GB outfit and plan to rock out in it at Anime North this year.
Dude, I'm from Ottawa too!
Dude I'm from Ottawa as well!!! We should totally have a GB Box Social!
By Phil_Oxmxy
Ya, Theres more in the capital. :cool:

lets get together and get the skeletons in the closets of MPs. (or we can do what you said.)
By Dante
What's up Guys...I'm from Montreal..
let's see: no my first language is not french (it's English!) .. yes I'm a Habs fan ;)

This being my first post in the forum I'll introduce myself:

long time lurker ...first came across this site last October when I had the idea to put together a GB costume for Halloween 2008...had no idea such a big community existed..got real valuable info and started putting my costume together slowly but surely: ecto googles almost assembled...knee pads, belt, gloves, patches and name tag carefully selected..still deciding on the suit and once the weather permits I'll try to work on a proton pack (seems quite a daunting task).

Later guys!
By Marsupial
irricanian wrote:Welcome Dante!
let's see: no my first language is not french (it's English!) .. yes I'm a Habs fan
We won't hold that against you :lol: The Habs fan part that is :razz:
sure hope... how many times did the stanley cup visit your town... :P
By GB_Freak
Phil_Oxmxy wrote:Ya, Theres more in the capital. :cool:

lets get together and get the skeletons in the closets of MPs. (or we can do what you said.)

Well tehn, I'm in the West End of the city and can pull some strings and can get Ghostbusters on the big screen at one of the cineplex theaters.

email me or add me to msn at brendan_mertens@hotmail.com
By drew242
hey everyone. awesome to see so many gb fans out there in canada. can't wait for the game to come out now. it looks awesome. anyways i am going to be building a proton pack here soon. since i live in a little town in ontario called brockville, wich is close to ottawa but i was wounder where to get parts for my proton pack or hears a dumb question, can u buy a proton pack from anywhere, any info would be great. good busting people.
By Dante
Marsupial wrote:He Dante, there's quite a few ghostheads around Montreal, including me.
maybe I've met you before?
Hey "Mars"...I haven't actually met any ghostheads before in MTL..to be honest before hitting this site I wasn't aware of any in Montreal that is..

Great to meet all of you..
By irricanian
drew242 wrote:hey everyone. awesome to see so many gb fans out there in canada. can't wait for the game to come out now. it looks awesome. anyways i am going to be building a proton pack here soon. since i live in a little town in ontario called brockville, wich is close to ottawa but i was wounder where to get parts for my proton pack or hears a dumb question, can u buy a proton pack from anywhere, any info would be great. good busting people.
PM sent
By ScooterinAB
Welcome all new people.

I was wondering, Now that Irricanian has moved down east, How many people are in south Alberta (particularily, Calgary)?

And a reminder to all Alberta folk (and those who like to travel), the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo is April 26-27 at the Roundup Centre (Roundup Centre? God people from Calgary are hicks). The website is http://www.calgaryexpo.com. I will be sporting my latest work on my GB costume, and probably a volunteer shirt as well (not sure how that's gonna work yet).
By drew242
now i know this is gonna be a really stupid question but what are these conventions that ppl are talking about. they sound awesome tho. is there any near ottawa. and one more stupid question for ya's, i am trying to figure out what to use for the side light on the proton pack i am building. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. happy busting ppl.
By Phil_Oxmxy
There is Polaris 22, but that was a star trek con before they started accepting other science-fiction.

I found a site that sells the all the electronics that you will need. http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_elec.php
By drew242
hey fellow ghostbusters. i have a question about the proton pack. well i am building one and i can't seem to find the side blue light. i have checked alot of sites and they are out of stock. i was woundering if anyone has any suggestions for a close replacement light or even some blueprints to build one from scratch. any help on this would be great.
By Marsupial
Phil_Oxmxy wrote:There is Polaris 22, but that was a star trek con before they started accepting other science-fiction.
Yeah, that was like 20 years ago.

I've attentended "Toronto Trek" before (their old name) and there isn't much trek there.

Another convention you might want to look at is fan expo.

here's some URL to feed you.

polaris:
http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/modules/tconguests/

Toronto SFX / Fan Expo
http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo2008/

There's also comicon, animecon, anime north, and a few others, but they are less scifi as you might guess with the name
@ Drew242: I couldn't tell you what a Sci-Fi convention is. And I've been to 1 or 2 (plus a dozen anime conventions). At an Anime con, you can watch movies, take part in events, watch panels and the Cosplay contest. At Calgary Comic Expo (because I have no frame of comparison), you could do some of this, but it was mostly autographs, walking around in costume, and shopping. It doesn't sound like much, but I had a really good time at Comic Expo. And I hada bunch of little kids come up and identify me (and ask for pictures).

There should be a thousand cons in Ontario. The east gets a lot of love. Also, you're much closer to the border, so you could always go to some Yank cons.

As for the pack question, you should post on the Proton Pack board. You'd have a better chance at getting the questions answered there.
By drew242
here's a question. does anyone know when the fan film ghostbusters generation is suppose to be available. and also when is that new ghostbusters video game coming out. i can't wait for that to hit the shelves. god that looks like it's gonna be an amazing game.
Hey dan20lancer!

Nice hear from my birth place here! I'm currently in Quebec but my folks are still in Sherbrooke... I spent the first 18 years of my life in the eastern townships. I wouldn't mind moving back there someday.

Anyway, welcome! You'll find that people are quite friendly around here.
From Sturgeon Falls, Ontario here. Just returned to the forums after, oh, I dunno, about a 5-year absence! My website's still up tho, from my full-time Ghosthead years...

It's good to be back!

--Chris--

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]