For users in Canada. Eh?
By ScooterinAB
I know that it's a little early, but I thought I'd throw the invite out anyways.

I:m heading back to Canada in June, and I'd love to finally start on a proton pack build. After a it of reading, and a few years of other small builds, I think I'm ready for a pack.

Of course, these things are always more interesting with more people. If anyone is in my neck of the woods (Calgary), let's hook up and get some props built.
By Nicholszz
I bought one of Studio Creations vacuum forms.
Although I plan to supe it up very much so...
Re-Do the Cyclotron, re-enforce it. Etc.
Particle thrower? Ima buy it off Canada's own MMM when I find a job in the horrid economy...
He just released a gun kit, I know its cheap. But for first pack, I want it to look decent.
Also going to buy wireing and other misc parts off him.

But point being, if I am still here, I would for SURE 100% be up to it.
I know BC alott of seasonal work is there now.
I like hard labour, lets me know i'm still alive. Eheh.

As for the alice frame!
I know a great place downtown I can show you!
They are new, so your looking 50-70. But you know it will last. No need to tweak them either.
By The Stiff
Holy shit! There's actually some action on the Canada forum!

I live 30 minutes south of Calgary, in High River, but I would definitely be interested in getting together to build a pack.

I really have no experience, so I think getting a shell to build one would work best.

I have bought some costume pieces from Irricanian before, and he is awesome. I've heard his proton gun kit is pretty good, and his motherboard can't be beat.

Let me know if you guys would be interested or in Calgary. :)
By ScooterinAB
Glad to have you all on board (or at least just interested).

Nich and I have been speaking over PM about pack building. He has a shell to work with, which he's going to allow me to use for reference. I'm gonna tackle the beast in MDF. As for not having any experience Stiff, everyone has to start somewhere. I learned a lot working on my goggles a few years back, and started playing with larger materials with my trap 2 years ago. It doesn't seem to take too long to get good at this (especially with the wealth of plans and parts available here). Aside from that, I'd imagine that it is easier to build in a group anyways.

As for group forming... To be embarrassingly honest, I have no idea what I group would do. The only thing that comes to mind is hanging out together at events. I used to work in the convention scene, and am familiar with many of Alberta's conventions (anime ones as well as Calgary Comic Expo). CCE is my favorite for prop showing-off. Aside from that, just knowing that there are a few more of us helps keep spirits up. Our friend in Red Deer has kind of been a kick in my butt to start on a pack. Having a larger group can only do better.
    Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]