For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By yardstickninja
RPMs wrote:It was a ton of fun. Wish you could have been there. How's the teaching going? What subject(s) and what grade level are you teaching? Hope you're having a good time and we look forward to hearing your stories in October.

Teaching is going great! I am teaching spoken Oxford English to two third grade classes, and it has been a blast speaking the King's :cool: I can't wait for the 22nd!! I'm excited to suit up again, and I'm sad that I had to miss Chicago again this year but it was a good friend's wedding so I couldn't say no :sigh: If you want a preview of what I have been up to, here's my blog...

http://thedoctor27.blog.com/

The blog reads from bottom to top, so you might be a bit lost if you try to go top to bottom.
By yardstickninja
minnesotaghost wrote:
yardstickninja wrote:Hey I hope you kids had fun at Comic Con Chicago! I'm on week three in Shanghai and I must say.......I feel a bit naked without my PKE...
It was a blast. Andy and I kept each other company

Good!! I wish I could have been there, I hope I can make it next year!!!

Side note. When does the Matty Ghost Trap come out again?
By yardstickninja
RPMs wrote:Last I heard, it comes out some time in October. Not sure they've set an exact date yet.

well shoot, I hope it is after I get back. My connection blows here and I wouldn't want it selling out on me :boogieman:
By yardstickninja
RPMs wrote:When the time comes, let me know if you want me to order one for you and you can pay me back. I'm going to order one anyway.

I just saw that the line comes out on the 17th, so if you could order one for me that would be awesome! And I can get you the money when we meet on the 22nd.
By RPMs
Has anyone heard of any theaters in Wisconsin showing Ghostbusters this month?

EDIT: Local listings according to Google.

Marcus South Shore Cinemas
7261 South 13th Street, Oak Creek, WI
‎7:30pm‎

Marcus North Shore Cinemas
11700 North Port Washington Road, Mequon, WI
‎7:15pm‎

Marcus Ridge Cinemas
5200 South Moorland Road, New Berlin, WI

Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas
W180 N9393 Premier Lane, Menomonee Falls, WI
‎7:00pm‎

Marcus Bay Park Cinemas
755 Willard Drive, Ashwaubenon, WI

Marcus Appleton East
West 3091 Van Roy Road, Appleton, WI

AMC Star Fitchburg 18
6091 McKee Rd., Fitchburg, WI

Marcus Eastgate Cinemas
5202 High Crossing Boulevard, Madison, WI

I should be available all three dates if anyone would like to meet up and go to something local. I was originally planning on going to Chicago with the GB:CD guys, but this seems like a more reasonable option.
By yardstickninja
RPMs wrote:Has anyone heard of any theaters in Wisconsin showing Ghostbusters this month?

EDIT: Local listings according to Google.

Marcus South Shore Cinemas
7261 South 13th Street, Oak Creek, WI

Marcus North Shore Cinemas
11700 North Port Washington Road, Mequon, WI

Marcus Ridge Cinemas
5200 South Moorland Road, New Berlin, WI

Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas
W180 N9393 Premier Lane, Menomonee Falls, WI

Marcus Bay Park Cinemas
755 Willard Drive, Ashwaubenon, WI

Marcus Appleton East
West 3091 Van Roy Road, Appleton, WI

AMC Star Fitchburg 18
6091 McKee Rd., Fitchburg, WI

Marcus Eastgate Cinemas
5202 High Crossing Boulevard, Madison, WI

I should be available all three dates if anyone would like to meet up and go to something local. I was originally planning on going to Chicago with the GB:CD guys, but this seems like a more reasonable option.
I'm not sure I'll be able to commit to going to the movie. After my first weekend back I'll be pretty busy with work on the weekends and preparing lesson plans on week nights. But, keep me posted, if you get people to go or just say when you are going and I am free I'll be happy to come along.

So I unfortunately don't have access to facebook while I'm in Shanghai, but I am still able to see private messages that are sent due to them being forwarded to my email. Though I can see them I just can't respond, but I still plan on going to the Waterford pubic library on the 22nd. As for Dashio Con, if you can give me some dates you are going to be there I will do my best to be able to make it.
By yardstickninja
Talyn wrote:scratch that, going to Star, 13th yeah.
aww, that's today! Stoooopid China!
By yardstickninja
Hey Andy, sorry for making things difficult with this no facebook thing, but I can bring a couple PS3 controllers to the event. Can you give me the time it is starting again?
By RPMs
yardstickninja wrote:Hey Andy, sorry for making things difficult with this no facebook thing, but I can bring a couple PS3 controllers to the event. Can you give me the time it is starting again?
No problem, I understand the situation. And thanks for bringing the controllers. The event starts at 1pm and should last a couple of hours. I plan on being there around noon to set up.
By yardstickninja
RPMs wrote:
yardstickninja wrote:Hey Andy, sorry for making things difficult with this no facebook thing, but I can bring a couple PS3 controllers to the event. Can you give me the time it is starting again?
No problem, I understand the situation. And thanks for bringing the controllers. The event starts at 1pm and should last a couple of hours. I plan on being there around noon to set up.
Sounds good, I'll see you there!
By belldandy4087
Looks good! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Sent from my NookColor using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By RPMs
Just a small update since I haven't posted about any of our events since Chicago Comic Con.

Early in October there was the re-release of the movie in theaters. I saw it at the AMC Star in Fitchburg.

Then on October 22nd we were invited to the Waterford Public Library to host the Books and Busters event. We set our props and collectibles on display and answered questions about prop building and ghostbusting. The kids played Sanctum of Slime, made their own slime and marshmallow men, and colored pictures. It was a lot of fun and we raised some money for charity. :)

In November Josh and I attended Daisho Con at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells. It was by far the best con I've ever been to. The pictures don't do it justice.

At the end of December we scheduled a photo opportunity at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, life happens and three of our members weren't able to make it. It was a pretty cool experience though.

Yesterday I met up with Josh at the Marshfield Clinic and we visited some kids in the Pediatric Unit. I think the doctors and nurses had more fun than the kids. lol
By belldandy4087
It was a fun year! I cant wait to see what the New Year holds!
By yardstickninja
I was watching the 1998 Godzilla cartoon series the other day when I spotted this and had a chuckle :)

By yardstickninja
Thanks, it makes sense when you realize the same animation company did this series and Extreme Ghostbusters, plus the character in the picture is the same voice actor as Edwardo.
By Vee
I'll be there Friday, Saturday in GB gear, and Sunday if I have any energy left.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]