For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By lannyjack
Fifthrider wrote:Born in Fridley, raised in Minneapolis from 1-5 yrs. Got tired of hearing the word(s) "Uff-da" so I moved to California. Not wanting a 5 year old to be on his own in CA, my family followed suit.
Wow, I did the same, but the exact opposite lol. I was born and raised in San Diego, and then we moved to Minnetonka when I was 5.

I am in Fargo, ND now, but I still consider myself a Minnesotan. Do we have cool patches?
By lannyjack
AJ Quick wrote:You live in North Dakota!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
You and your "facts" haha.
By cougar184
any MN ghostbusters want to join me for zoo boo at como zoo this year. sounds like they might be willing to up an area just for some ghost bustin if there is enough interest
By minnesotaghost
My halloween/october weekends are pretty much booked. Plus I'm not for going to Duluth. It's quite a drive for me.
By cougar184
sry for the copy and paste. the event is hope for kids

We have once again been invited to the HopeKids Festival which is sponsored by the U of MN Athletic Dept at Bierman Field on campus.

It is once again on the second Sunday of September, which is September 9th and is held from 12pm-3pm. They have also invited the Star Wars costumers to attend.

We have a secure dressing room in the athletic offices adjacent to the field, and the kids always appreciate our appearance. We will do the usual meet-and-greet as the families arrive as well as walk around the area to interact with the kids.

Please post here is you plan to attend this worthy event!
By minnesotaghost
For those wanting to meet Erik Burnham, the Mississippi River Valley Ghostbusters are running a Youth Event at the Winona Public Library in Winona, MN on October 30th.
By ecto88mph
Hello all,
My name is Kyle and im from South Minneapolis, other then Ghostbusters I like Back To The Future, and Doctor Who. Also the walking dead and tron. Im currently building a proton pack, building it from scratch with norms plans. Planning on going to convergence this summer in full GB gear. anyways I hope to get involved in the GB community maybe help someone else build a pack.
By Jeryhorn
Hi guys I am from England originally but now live in Kenyon, which is a small town near Rochester. I posted in the "Introduction" thread then found this post and thought I would copy it over here too. Glad to see there are some of us in Minnesota :)

Hi I thought I should introduce myself as I am new to GB cos play, but I am a huge Sci-Fi and Star Wars fan and have always loved Ghostbuster from the first time I saw it in the theater as a kid. I just picked up a pack that was build by slimer7, I hear he makes excellent gear. I should have the pack this week and am very excited to get it. The rest of the uniform will have to wait till after Christmas as the packs aren't cheap.
I thought while I was here I would share with you some of my projects, props and costumes. I am currently a member of the Rebel Legion a charity costume group and am currently working on a costume to join the 501st.

My Jedi

more pictures here.
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... Wars/Jedi/

My Rebel Pilot

more pictures here.
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... ars/Pilot/

My Stormtrooper
I am currently working on my Stormtrooper for 501st acceptance. I just finished the helmet with a fully integrated sound system using mini speakers fitted into the aerators. The armor it ruff trimmed and my next project.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

here is a test video of the sound system.
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... EO0005.mp4

Wall Art

My TARDIS
I built this this year for Halloween, it is light inside at night with a solar spot light that makes the windows glow.

here is my build photos on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 416&type=3

And finally this is the pack I am getting, I should have it in hand with in a week or so. Will look awesome hanging on the wall by the big screen TV and DVD book case opposite my lightsabers.

here it is in action.
http://youtu.be/chCHOJmGx3k
By ecto88mph
Bad ass! I want....no make that need a tardis, however I am waiting for a house first, so for now I just have the cardboard cutout of it. When you get your pack post a pic. I'm saving up for a shell. I think I might get the matty collector pke meter for xmas. Is there anyone local selling shells?
By minnesotaghost
Jeryhorn wrote:The pack is supposed to be here tomorrow I am super excited to get it. I will try to take some pictures and video of it tomorrow and upload them. As for the TARDIS it was a fun build and has really turned heads here in my little town, even make the front page of the paper lol.
Hi from Winona! I run the nearest group to you, and I have a Slimer7 pack as well. Drop by please! We are doing some bell ringing this Saturday at the Winona Hy-vee from 10 am to Noon.
By Jimm
Yet another Minnesotan checking in. Hey, how's it going?

I've lived in southern MN my entire life, until my wife and I moved up to the suburbs a couple months ago. I went to college in Mankato (where I still work). I posted in the introduction forum too, but here's a little of the same info again: I have a pack, goggles, and a suit, but only ever used them for Halloween and haven't been to any events.
By Jimm
Hey Krenzy, I'm doing good! I'm in Mankato nearly every weekday for work! Are you in a group? I think you mentioned it in an earlier post in this thread but I didn't look at the date on the posts at all. My "group" consists of my brother and I, and to a much, much lesser extent my wife.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]