For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
I dont want to overstep my bounds here, but I thought I would post this here...

Does anyone want to do a get together of Ghostbusters in San Diego during Comic Con?

I know Michale Gross has expressed interest, and chances are others would join us as well...

I dont mind coordinating this, however I would like to know that there is an interest for a this.

And if there is what night is better? I was hoping to push for a Thursday or Friday night Event.
Not overstepping at all, in fact I'm glad someone is stepping up to take action. Thanks Patrick.

Mark and I both met Michael Gross a few weeks back, he gave me his business card and damned if I can find it now. I'm so pissed. If you have a better way of contacting him then go for it!

If it's one thing I've learned from previous years it's that we all try to be the nice guy and ask "What day & time works for everyone?" but in all the exasperating confusion you just end up putting your foot down and saying "Look, it's this time and this place and that's it. End of discussion." Hate to do it but that's the only way to deal with that waffling element.

As for me, I'm open and not prone to waffling. I'd cast my vote for Thursday because things are just winding up and at least we'd get to know who's in town at the start instead of at the end. Myself and a friend will be routinely patrolling the gaslamp so we can pretty much show up whenever.

If you're able to advise of your selection with enough advance notice then I would have time to call the restaurant and see if they can accommodate me to park out front. Some places won't make room for us no matter what ( understandable ), while others will go out of the way because they don't mind that 21-foot long monster out in front of their establishment. I never want to take that for granted.

PM me or hit me on e-mail if you need me to do any legwork. I think Mark, Joe and myself should be 3 fairly reliable locals who can help out if needed, but THANK YOU for spearheading this.
Boomerjinks liked this
I'm only attending Saturday and Sunday this year. I have to work Thursday and Friday, yay!

I will try to fit into whatever schedule the majority goes with.

Also, guys don't pass up a ride in Bryan's Ecto. It's a good time and honestly how many chances at riding through San Diego in an Ecto do you really get? Unless your Bryan of course.
Fifthrider liked this
Fifthrider wrote:Oh, and since there's probably just 2 of us in the car on Thursday, any GB who wants a ride before or after dinner just let me know.
I dunno...remember the time I got lost and I tried to flag you guys down? Yeah.... :-p
Fifthrider liked this
There isn't a Con that goes by that I don't (A) feel really bad about that, and (B) still look for Borzou on the sidewalk.

I will never forget seeing him disappear in the distance as we drove down the street. "Waaaitt! Nooo! Where are you going?!" I turned around and asked Eric to stop but he just said he couldn't, traffic was moving, he had no choice.

(Grumpy face on)

No, he had a choice and he clearly made it. When I'm in the driver's seat I just turn on the rear flashers and take my chances with other traffic and the cops so I can let a guy get in. That thing with Borzou always really bothered me a lot.
Boomerjinks wrote:Don't. Miss. Out. On. This.
I once apologized to Vinny for risking his life thanks to taking him down a steep hill we shouldn't have driven in that car. The same apology your way for driving in the rain that one night Dec 2010. ( Replaced entire brake system, windshield wipers now work, radial tires not ply, etc. ) Most of the "deathtrap" has been worked out of the car but deep down it wants to murder everyone in and around it.

You know, I'm not really selling the experience well. "Come ride in the fake Ecto! Risk dying! Wheee!!!"
JoeLuna33, Ecto-1 fan liked this
Fifthrider wrote:....... "deathtrap"..... "Come ride in the fake Ecto! Risk dying! Wheee!!!"
Seriously people! This is what makes it worth it right there.
monolith21 liked this
Hey thanks everyone for you input and help,

\Mark and I talked last night, and we are talking to Mr. Gross and OTHERs...

we are pushing for a Thursday or Friday night around 7:00 or 7:30 and possible a restaurant with open parking for very nice ecto!

Mark is going to investigate a few restaurants close to gaslamp/convention center so there wont have to be a lot of walking bu also offer a little seclusion to our event

more details to come
Fifthrider wrote:There isn't a Con that goes by that I don't (A) feel really bad about that, and (B) still look for Borzou on the sidewalk.

I will never forget seeing him disappear in the distance as we drove down the street. "Waaaitt! Nooo! Where are you going?!" I turned around and asked Eric to stop but he just said he couldn't, traffic was moving, he had no choice.

(Grumpy face on)

No, he had a choice and he clearly made it. When I'm in the driver's seat I just turn on the rear flashers and take my chances with other traffic and the cops so I can let a guy get in. That thing with Borzou always really bothered me a lot.
It's okay buddy. I was just teasing about that. I wouldn't stop for a crazy middle easterner either. :-p
It looks it is going to be Friday at 7:30, at The Werewolf in downtown San Diego a few blocks from the convention center!

This is the link for the event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2686431 ... ser_joined

I highly recommend any attending GB's join the event as soon as possible.
I am not attending CC on Friday, but would like to attend this if that is alright with the rest of the GB heads there. If not no big deal. I think the only hard part will be finding parking near this place might have to park a bit away and walk it or catch a cab.
Chevyh0tr0d wrote:I am not attending CC on Friday, but would like to attend this if that is alright with the rest of the GB heads there. If not no big deal. I think the only hard part will be finding parking near this place might have to park a bit away and walk it or catch a cab.
You could always try to find parking near a Trolley line or near one of the buses that SDCC offers. They should have a map handy showing where their bus routes are. SDCC buses are free for people with badges.
ghostfan003 wrote: You could always try to find parking near a Trolley line or near one of the buses that SDCC offers. They should have a map handy showing where their bus routes are. SDCC buses are free for people with badges.

I only will have a Sat badge though and not a friday. However I am sure it would not be that much for a trolley line pass for the evening. Thank you for the good idea. Do you know of any trolley line companies that offer this for SDCC or the convention centers so I can contact them and find out more info from them?
FYI, this event has apparently changed a lot. I thought it was just going to be dinner and then we were on our way, ergo "everyone gets a ride" seemed like a doable idea.

Now that I know this is an all night event I'll probably be parking the Ecto out front from about 5pm until closing. It will take a bit of coordinating to even pull that off so once I've landed those two tough spots out front I'll be hanging onto them all night.

We needed a GB firehouse sized sign for out front of the business too. Since the Diamond Select firehouse signs didn't happen ( and at $400 each, I'm not surprised ) I figured I'd make my own. I rushed it in a day but despite that it turned out pretty good for a rush job. It's 2-sided, 32" x 32" and lights up. Not exactly screen accurate, and not exactly bright, but it does the job in a pinch.

In the odd event the sign breaks away from the side of the building and hits someone, the sign was made and mounted by Eric Eseke, not me. ( You're welcome Eric. )

monolith21 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]