For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By BSjohnson
chaobell wrote:Two things:

1. I do not do the Facebook, but I have more web space and bandwidth than any normal human being could possibly need and would have no problem sticking a forum or something on it if that is a thing anyone might find useful.
Good to know! I've actually been thinking up some website ideas for the HAGB. I know already that some of us don't do the facespace. If you have the space and bandwidth, then I'd be happy to work with you to get that going.
chaobell wrote: 2. Bayou City Classic 10K, March 13. It's a very walker-friendly 10K. There are costume awards, including one for best movie-inspired costume.

You know what you doing.

...okay, well, there's no way in Hell I'm going to run 6.2 miles in a standard flight suit and combat boots with or without a pack, so I'll paint/dye/otherwise make a pair of Tyvek coveralls not look crappy. It would be awesome if other folks did likewise.
Oh my ... I'm in NO condition for a 10k that soon! Is it even for charity? Or is it just a race? I see they have cash prizes, so I'm guessing the later.
By chaobell
Well, cool. I can get the domain and stuff going when I get home.

The BCC is a race, but like I said, also very walker-friendly. The cutoff is a 24-minute mile, and if you have legs and they work reasonably well you can probably make it. (to give you some idea: the people who win these things run something like a 6-minute mile pace. I run a 11-12-minute mile on a good day, and I usually finish somewhere in the middle of the pack). It doesn't go to charity as such, but the proceeds do go towards fixing up and maintaining city parks, which is still a good thing.

Also you get free shit. What manner of free shit beyond the T-shirt I don't know for sure, but races usually put free shit of some kind in your goodie bag. At the very least, they feed you at the finish line.
By BSjohnson
In that case, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the update!
By Gbass242
I've been looking at domain names with Gavin in the FB group. Several incarnations of our name are available. Chao, if you are willing, we would like to get something up and running.

Since I do FB and this forum, I rarely check anything else (I deleted my myspace a few months back). I would be inclined on checking our future page, though. This would be a good project for our first meet up.
By chaobell
Hokey dokey. houstonareaghostbusters.com has been registered and is merrily propagating its way through the Intartubes as we speak. While that's percolating, what sort of bells and whistles do folks want? I'd guess a forum at the very least?
By BSjohnson
Some kind of flash intro would be nice. :) A forum just for us HAGBs would be useful. Some kind of mailing list, news page, photo gallery, events calendar, etc.

It doesn't have to be amazing. It just needs to work and look neat. :)
By Gbass242
chaobell wrote:Hokey dokey. houstonareaghostbusters.com has been registered and is merrily propagating its way through the Intartubes as we speak. While that's percolating, what sort of bells and whistles do folks want? I'd guess a forum at the very least?
I don't see it, but you have secured it?
By chaobell
It's secured and a placeholder has been stuck on it--you may or may not be able to see it yet.

I suck at Flash so if folks really want that, someone else is going to have to do it. I can do artwork for it, but as for the actual Flash you really don't want me to do it.

What I can do is fart around with the important stuff! Which I'm going to go do for a while.
By BSjohnson
Excellent. :) yeah, Flash isn't a big deal. It'd make it really pretty, but we don't need it.
By chaobell
Okay, it's not accessible off the splash page yet because it's not nearly ready for public consumption (partly because things that need to be there aren't there yet and partly because it is still wearing the default Joomla template, logos and all, and looks like generic shiny crap) but it has an event calendar that registered folks will be able to add events to, and it has a forum. You can PM me if you really want to see it, but by this time tomorrow all the important things should be in place (knock on wood) or at least close enough to open for business.

And now, I fall the hell over and sleep.
By chaobell
Okay, most of the heavy lifting is done. I'm going to go stuff some food in my face and then make things a little prettier, and then I'll open 'er up.
By chaobell
I'll work more on the cosmetic baloney tomorrow, and it could use a little more substance, and there are probably some features I forgot to add, but it's good enough to open the doors.

http://www.houstonareaghostbusters.com/

Enjoy!

Also, if anyone would like their photos and/or fanart to be famous (for values of "famous" approximately equal to "random rotating header images") just post them in the gallery or throw links at me or whatever, and I'll fix them up.
By BSjohnson
Looks great, chaobell! Thanks!
By chaobell
Aw, a twinkie and a crunch bar, just in time for lunch!

I don't drive and I probably won't be able to make a whole lot of actual events in person, so this was the least I could do. :)
By BSjohnson
I'm gonna bump this thread. I see a couple of people here that I have not met yet and haven't heard from.

Just a reminder that the Bayou City 10k is this Saturday. A few of our members will be there, Chao running and a few others cheering the runners on.

Also, Comicplooza is March 26-28. The HAGBs in association with Space City Nerd will be hosing the first annual "Ghost Hunt." Come out and help us make this thing great!

Also also, Dan Aykroyd will be the Grand Marshall of The Orange Show's art car parade on May 8! Let's be there to represent our fandom!
By alfstaypuft
I'm pretty sure but am going to ask anyway but are the Houston area ghostbusters going to represent in full uniform at the Dan aykroyd specs signing may 7th. And any ideas on what to get signed. Wouldn't miss it for the world
By Gbass242
We are going to be there, however we might not have full equipment with us, just uniforms. Logistics say that our equipment would present problems in store, however we may have them on hand if we really want something signed.

Some of us are going to get the Crystal Head Vodka for him to sign, and go to some of the other events he'll be at during the weekend.

Check out our site (link in my signature) on info, and get in on our "busts" whenever they come about!
By alfstaypuft
Just great. Just great. Just left the crystal head signing. He was super cool and nice. Got to meet the Houston area ghostbusters. Thanks for the pictures. This was it. Couldn't get better
Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]