For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By TheBigGuy
OHMYGOSH! I don't know why I've never looked for this thread!

I am so excited about the prospect. I registered www.portlandghostbusters.com a couple years ago in hopes I could pull something together. The splash screen just sits there right now.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this to my wife...
By TheBigGuy
Rune31 wrote:I'm all for a Portland, Or franchise! I'd love to be involved! Just want to know what a franchise is in regards to GB. Never thought to look into until now but we need one!
Most GB franchises started out as groups of people helping each other with their props and many morphed into non-profit or not-for-profit groups that appear at events, volunteer or raise money for charity, etc.

http://ghostbustersunited.com is a great place to read about franchises and find links to their sites.

I would love to meet some new people and build props, but it would definitely be worth it if we use this as an outlet to serve the community in one way or another!
By RoseCityBuster
Agreed. I think it would be pretty awesome to use the group for community service as well and prop creation. My group was just me and my cousin. But it kinda disolved. I'm excited about Portland group!
By egie
This sounds great! Id be more than glad to join as soon as I could! A portland franchise would be so cool, especaily with an ecto if any one has one/ pulled one together.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By TheBigGuy
egie wrote:This sounds great! Id be more than glad to join as soon as I could! A portland franchise would be so cool, especaily with an ecto if any one has one/ pulled one together.
I'm glad a younger generation is excited about Ghostbusters! If we form some kind of group, we will have to be very smart about how we approach the participation of minors. Hopefully we pull something together and you will have the opportunity to participate sometime down the road.

Regarding Ectos - 'Ecto-1 fan' lives in Gresham and drives a newer white hearse. He has some stuff that he uses to dress it up like an ecto around halloween. I thought it would be cool to do a parade or something, and see if he would participate with his vehicle. I also saw a Geo Metro ecto parked outside the vintage gaming convention last summer... not sure who it belongs to or if it's even from the area.
By RoseCityBuster
An Ectomobile would be pretty sweet. I've toyed with converting my mustang to an Ecto Cruiser. But a hearse would be awsome! Especially for parades! :cool:
By egie
This sounds really great, and thanks guys for trying to include me, being in a GB group is a dream of mine. It would be great for an ecto to turn out!

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Ecto-1 fan
TheBigGuy wrote: Regarding Ectos - 'Ecto-1 fan' lives in Gresham and drives a newer white hearse. He has some stuff that he uses to dress it up like an ecto around halloween. I thought it would be cool to do a parade or something, and see if he would participate with his vehicle. I also saw a Geo Metro ecto parked outside the vintage gaming convention last summer... not sure who it belongs to or if it's even from the area.
Yup, busted!
Well, think along the lines of the Chevy Ecto 1C out of Chicago (did I get that right?) Mine is a temporary setup, but photographs well. :wink:
I hope to make it more "accurate" this summer. I don't really have any other props, but the Ecto is definitely one of the "big ones," haha.
Count me heavily interested.
By RoseCityBuster
Alright! So we've got three members interested in a Portland Franchise. Sweet! I am so stoked for this!
By TheBigGuy
I met a guy in costume at the Dan Aykroyd signing last year. His pack and uniform were the best fan made products I've ever seen in person. I think he's my friend on fb but I've never seen him on this forum. I'll msg him and see if he has any interest.
By evallded
Did anything ever become of any of this? I cant say that I know what all is in involved in a local franchise. But if it means getting together occasionally with some like minded fellas....every so often entertaining the tikes and pooling together for the benefit of all I am so very interested.
By egie
Yes we have started a franchise in portland. We are acctually going to rose city comic con september 8th.
By evallded
Bummer, my new gear will not be ready for that in time.
By RoseCityBuster
That's right, we have the beginnings of a Portland Franchise right now. Let us know if you want to join us Saturday for rose city comicon.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]