For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By Thumpernicus
Coming soon!

"2 inch construction tape" purchased from Harbor Freight Tools
Custom welded aluminum bar rack, 3/4" stock
A legal set of custom plates
By Boomerjinks
Like the rack, but that reflective tape is definitely a "glaring" mistake!

Also, way to not post this in "Ectomobiles."

edit: wait a minute, December 2010? Where's the rest of this thing?
By Thumpernicus
Boomerjinks wrote:Like the rack, but that reflective tape is definitely a "glaring" mistake!

Also, way to not post this in "Ectomobiles."

Yeah, it is not reflective tape and I did not post this in "ectomobiles" for a good reason.

Appreciate the input.
By Thumpernicus
Since this is a custom designed ecto on a non-canon vehicle, I decided I wanted to make it look how "I" thought it looked best on this vehicle. I also made it a point to use components that had a similar feel to the original ecto, but was unique to my ecto as well. These pics are flawed, I get that, but the point is to share my progress. It is almost complete, then I will post "full body" pics.

By Chace
Thumpernicus wrote:I did not post this in "ectomobiles" for a good reason.Appreciate the input.
While I am eagerly awaiting the "unveiling".....why exactly would you not put a thread about an Ecto in the Ecto thread?

I mean...what is the "good reason"?
By Thumpernicus
This is a Northwest project for my fellow Ghostheads here in Spokane that is why I posted it here. I chose not to post this in the Ecto threads because there are too many people who simply enjoy trashing other peoples work and I was not interested in that. It's good enough reason for me.
By mbaileyh
This thing is starting too look classy. I think if you're not refitting a 1959 Caddie ambulance, you're pretty far from the canon anyway, so do what you want.

Any chance that thing could make its way to Olympia?
Thumpernicus liked this
By Thumpernicus
I'd sure like to try to make it to one of the Seattle area cons at the least, so there is a better chance you could see it there. =)

Despite not being an "authentic" MM. I have gotten nothing but positive feedback about it, TONS of people taking pictures, and a few notes from excited ladies left under my windshield wipers at parking lots. =O

So, I have been having lots of good quality fun with my Ecto. That's all that matters.
By Thumpernicus
I think that it's great people rallied around your ecto. I never said EVERYONE here was an "elitist", nor did I imply that.

I simply stated a fact that there are plenty of people on these forums that DO behave badly and DO get a kick out of trash talking other peoples work. I was just trying to avoid that by posting in my little "regional" corner of the forums. If I thought y'all were a bunch of asshats, I would not even be ON the forums in the first place. Some other people simply need to learn how to give constructive criticism without coming across as being a jerk about it. Alas, I cannot control other peoples unruly children.

And yeah, I like your ecto. It is classy. It looks like a load of fun to drive and it looks like you've gotten a lot of positive feedback from the general public. Mission accomplished as far as I am concerned. Is that not why we spend our hard earned cash to build such things??

Honestly, I think that a MM Ecto, while looking great, is a NYC Original Ghostbusters vehicle only. Franchises would buy whatever vehicle could carry the gear and otherwise suited their needs. It would be silly to think that all the other GB Franchises across the country/world would equip an outdated hearse as their company car. So, in short, I prefer the look of non-MM Ectos as franchise cars. I admire those that take on such projects and try to do them well.
By Thumpernicus
Here is a pic out in front of the Regal Cinema's for last night's showing of Ghostbusters! I tell you what, it was really cool seeing it on the bigscreen again! sorry for the poor quality cellphone pic.

These are some fun pics of ECTO-1B responding from our own "firehouse"

There will be two more showings of Ghostbusters this month at local (Spokane) theaters, so come enjoy a great movie! (Twinkies Not Included).
By TheBigGuy
Thumpernicus wrote:Franchises would buy whatever vehicle could carry the gear and otherwise suited their needs.

I like this idea. I think you are right. Though I do also respect the desire for a '59 MM, not as a true representation of what franchises would have, but for those who are going for a film accurate replica. Both are avenues that I appreciate. You know, how many cool pieces of equipment might we see if the community widely embraced the idea of the evolution of the proton pack? Surely they wouldn't look the same in 2012 as they did in 1984. (That being said, I'm still trying to build mine as screen accurate as I can on my budget, and i'm not overlooking those that do come up with some cool original stuff) Oh well, as long as its fun to each!

On another note, I grew up in the Valley and my folks still live there. My dad took pics of your ecto the first time he saw it sitting right around the corner from their house and emailed them to me. I was super stoked to see it! Keep up the good work!

Thumpernicus liked this
By Thumpernicus
Thanks for the support! We are based in the spokane valley, near liberty lake. If I had a million dollars, id get me a MM in a heartbeat. Until then I intend to make the best with what I have. I must admit I am jealous of your pic. Standing in front of the fire house. As a firefighter I have always wanted to go to NYC for a lot of reasons. And visiting that fire house is one of them! =) take care and have fun with your builds. If you have any ?? about any thing id be happy to share my experience building packs.
By TheBigGuy
Thanks man. That was a trip! My wife and I went to NY for our anniversary. We took the subway to ground zero to check it out, and she agreed to walk to the hook and ladder with me! We started asking random people outside the post office where the station was, and one guy who lived on the same street was nice enough to walk us there. Funny thing, the new bride didn't seem to want to be in the pics??? But now that was over 6 years ago and she is fully accustomed to my geekdom. Though she still tends not to participate. :-)

Do you have a pack build thread?
Thumpernicus liked this
By Thumpernicus
I do not have any threads. There are already so many on GBFans. I usually offer my tidbits of experience that may not be included in the threads. Like what I used to glue certain materials, tips on drilling, tips on asking for help from the forums, how to paint, types of paint, electronics etc. etc. There are always plenty of good pics of builds on the forums, but if you run into anything unusual, just ask me!

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]