By Rvonvolen
I've always wanted my own proton pack since I was a little kid, and now my wait is finally over. I should've documented more of the process as I went along, however the pack has become an after work project more or less. Even though I forgot to take pictures (whoops) in the early stages I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has to the best of my ability.
Peet liked this
Here's where the pack and wand are at at this point. I was conflicted as to whether to use a Hasbro Plasma series wand or to use the less accurate wand that I rushed on as I was bored during quarantine, however I decided to redo some of the aspects of my old wand and go from there.
Pack:
Wand:
Last edited by Rvonvolen on January 27th, 2021, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twmedford23 liked this
I ended up applying fiberglass to my shell. I used the cutting board method and some blocks of wood for the plates at the bottom of the pack. I then installed a light kit I got from the gbfans store. My wand also uses the gbfans kit, I'm just waiting for a replacement sound board as my first had came in broken. I used an old ginger ale box to make cones to keep the light in as I couldn't find any flashlight reflectors. I cut out the cyclotron and power cell lenses out of a sheet of plexiglass.

twmedford23 liked this
I recently started working on the motherboard. I bought an alice frame, some 3 inch 5/16 bolts and 24 5/16 nuts and pretty much went to town trying to mount the alice frame to the motherboard. I know my diy 'spacers' aren't movie accurate, but in my opinion it was better than buying some off Ebay or cutting a hockey puck in half. I still need to figure out how to attach the shell.

CAZAFANTASMA wrote: January 28th, 2021, 6:52 am Pretty awesome. The SC shell is a good starting point. How did you attached it together?
It actually came in one piece! I was really happy to know that I could avoid the step of having to bolt it together or something like that.
Update! Electronics are done, my Gbfans soundboard came in. I was contemplating between adding in a rumble motor or camera flash bulb to my wand, but I figured I'd use an old DC motor I had with a bolt glued to it and put in a fake one when I get my barrel and trigger ring. I'm still waiting on my resin parts from knowonesdesignes, parts from gbfans, and a trigger ring and tubing from holeintheground productions, however they should get here in a week or 2. I was also able to score a GB1 ribbon cable off of Etsy for 30 bucks, what a steal!
By Rvonvolen
nastynoah wrote: February 10th, 2021, 3:14 pm Is your motherboard purchased or did you cut it? I have to SC shells that I would like to upgrade with a metal MB.
I used the gbfans motherboard. After adding the spacer plates on the bottom it fit with minimal excess space.
After several months of not getting my parts I had to ask for a refund from knowonesdesignes, and I decided to order off karnivorous creations, however it has been several more months and I still have yet to receive my pack parts. The good news is that the wand is finished! All the electronics are in place and all my new led covers and resin parts have been attached. The wand has also been attached to the pack so all lights and sounds are completely finished. As soon as I get my new parts I will continue posting my process.

The battery has also been attached to the back and it can last for 2 1/2 hours with full lights and the hum going. One other detail I decided to add in was the tape on the back of the ear button of the wand. I believe at one point in the film there was heat shrink tape around the button, however it changed to black tape on the back.
Mine:

You can see the original tape on the Omni pack wand:

RedSpecial liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]