By Sl!mer
I'm considering replacing my Anovos motherboard with a GBfans aluminum motherboard. Has anyone tried this and would it fit? Are there any other alternatives?
By mike_waclo
Sl!mer wrote: December 6th, 2020, 12:39 pm Found one. Epitome Apparel & Design sells Anovos aluminum motherboards for $45.
I bought one of those earlier this year. Took a long time to get it, and when it arrived, it was covered with deep scratches, and didn't have any of the mounting holes pre-drilled. Was also missing the cutout for the square speaker grille... I ended up not using it, as it would've been more work to retrofit than I'm equipped to do with my tools on hand.
By deadderek
Sl!mer wrote: December 5th, 2020, 2:07 pm I'm considering replacing my Anovos motherboard with a GBfans aluminum motherboard. Has anyone tried this and would it fit? Are there any other alternatives?
If you're on Facebook there's a guy in the Anovos build group selling them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506228 ... ?ref=share
By ccv66
Could try selling the motherboard to Sl!mer if you ended up not using it. I'd cut off the brackets that came with it and pop rivet new ones. If all the brackets are straight/not stripped and aligned and you wanted to keep them, just use the original plastic motherboard as a stencil on the aluminum one. Not a big fan of the square speaker hole I'd prefer not to have it.
For people that live in apartments I'd kinda get not wanting to mess with it. I've seen neighbors complain about walking up the stairs too loudly much less power tools.
By Sl!mer
mike_waclo wrote: December 6th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Sl!mer wrote: December 6th, 2020, 12:39 pm Found one. Epitome Apparel & Design sells Anovos aluminum motherboards for $45.
I bought one of those earlier this year. Took a long time to get it, and when it arrived, it was covered with deep scratches, and didn't have any of the mounting holes pre-drilled. Was also missing the cutout for the square speaker grille... I ended up not using it, as it would've been more work to retrofit than I'm equipped to do with my tools on hand.
Thank you for the review. I'm ok with no pre-drilled holes, and no square speaker grill (He mentioned on his blog a lot of people not wanting it). But, the deep scratches and long wait time isn't cool. If you do still have it you could send me pics and how much you're willing to sell it for.
By Sl!mer
deadderek wrote: December 6th, 2020, 6:57 pm
Sl!mer wrote: December 5th, 2020, 2:07 pm I'm considering replacing my Anovos motherboard with a GBfans aluminum motherboard. Has anyone tried this and would it fit? Are there any other alternatives?
If you're on Facebook there's a guy in the Anovos build group selling them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506228 ... ?ref=share
This is from the same seller. Epitome Apparel and Design. Thanks though!

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]