By JWils23
Pretty cool announcement from Arron at Mack’s Factory today! Officially licensed in a co-op with Sony. The stuff that Arron puts out is top notch and im excited to see where they take this. I didn’t know if I should post this here or in the news so mods please feel free to move!
https://macksfactory.myshopify.com/
mrmichaelt, robandliv liked this
By LtPinkerton
I’ll most likely buy one. Really want an aluminum build and this looks like a good pack. Kinda disappointed this was announced after I just spent way to much sourcing all my parts but oh well.
By gerard55
I'd like an aluminium wand mainly due to the fact that it has more space inside to work in, the resin wands are good but the walls need to be much thicker to maintain the rigidity of the gunbox. As I'm trying to do a standalone light and sound wand aluminium seems to be the way to go.

Plus I'd imagine it will be more durable, dunno how resin would stand up to being dropped.
By Lowberg
This is great news.
I wonder how they will be managing stock and production. The shell listing has implied pre-orders: "Wait list - will place you first in line and notify you when Pre order is available."

Historically, pre-order stuff has always been problematic in this hobby (be it licensed or not) but maybe they will be more prepared for that type of business model compared to their predecessors. I just hope they don't bite off more than they can chew with pre-orders. It would be nice to have some items available on in in-stock first come first serve basis.
We'll have to see!
By Robrebooted
Man, this is really tempting. Joined the wait list, though I agree, not a fan of parting it all out. Guess it makes sense for folks that may have their own parts to swap in and use, but it would be great to see a full kit with everything you need, and a price point for it.

Really tempted. If nothing else, I'm gutting those dry transfer labels!
By gerard55
kahuna900 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 3:27 pm Here's the full image I grabbed from the website:

Looks incredible and pricey!

Hard to believe there's so many bloody seperate parts to the wand, i'd say a wand kit (if he offers it as a full kit) will be upwards of £500 or so :-o Thats with the pop mech etc.
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:12 pmI wonder why no other parts are up for waitlist yet?
I'd wager they're still in development, potentially pending review from Sony/Ghost Corps before they're given the final green light.
Jdizzle66 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm The first thing I thought of when I saw this was sony now going after people that have been selling proton pack kits.
They didn't when they gave Anovos official licensee status. I don't see things being any different now that Aaron's been given the go-ahead.
Talyn wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:57 pm Kinda wish there was just an option for "entire pack kit" instead of having to get everything separately.
The current approach was likely tailored for fans who would normally be saving up to buy sections in installments rather than all in one lump sum.
By Ectojeff88
There must be more parts coming. No split loom or ALICE frame listed either yet.

Definitely still curious what the full cost would be. $1,000-1,500 would be a decent range if expected to be comparable to other kits out there.
By mike_waclo
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 4:21 pm There must be more parts coming. No split loom or ALICE frame listed either yet.

Definitely still curious what the full cost would be. $1,000-1,500 would be a decent range if expected to be comparable to other kits out there.
No ribbon cable, either.
kind2311 liked this
By cristovalc
I'm a sucker for really good packaging, so if I hadn't just completed a BenofKent pack I'd totally go this way, although I would then miss out on the fun/obsession of hunting down all the little bits and do-dads myself that aren't included with the kit. It was the perfect project for this year, where I had nothing but time on my hands, so in a busier year this would def be the way to go. I'll probably grab a few parts here and there to upgrade my thrower with however, and I want them dang holographic stamps to collect...
robandliv liked this
By JWils23
They definitely do a good job of packaging things, and I love the direction packets they put in with details for either GB1 or GB2. I can say having bought numerous items from both Arron and Ron that they take pride in what they do and are sticklers for accuracy. Good dudes putting out some pretty cool stuff.
robandliv liked this
By Marcus B
This looks amazing, but expensive. I'm not complaining about the price, just noting it. But for the money, it looks like you'll have one of the most solid packs money can buy. I'm worried about them stringing out availability of the various items and keeping stock. It'd be a shame to start your build with them and order as you have the funds to do so, and then find they aren't doing it anymore or are out of stock for lengthy periods of time.
By Glenn Frederick
I've been reading some comments on Facebook about the price of the shell and I'm confused as to why people think that $395.99 is expensive? Your average shell can go from $300-$350 but the Mack's Factory Shell is a Licensed product and apparently has all the holes already drilled out for only $395.99.

That actually seems like a great deal to me and the idea of everything being sold separately eliminates the problems that ANOVOS had with quality of the parts in their kits. While I like my ANOVOS Pack I had originally planned on using all of their parts in the kit as I was going for the licensed aspect of what their kit was supposed to represent. In the end I had to replace so many pieces in the ANOVOS kit due to missing parts or parts being complete junk like the Hat lights, Labels, legris fittings etc. I really like this approach by Mack's Factory.
kahuna900, Kingpin, twmedford23 and 1 others liked this
By Marcus B
I'm not really criticizing the price, but right now the shell is 14%-33% or so higher than other shells, if other parts fall in that range it's just a fact that it will be a very expensive build. You may save money on tools in the long run and that might offset cost somewhat.
By Kingpin
Marcus B wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:36 pm but right now the shell is 14%-33% or so higher than other shells
Only one other shell on the market was produced using studio-owned assets, which I feel accounts for the added cost... You're not just paying for the shell, but also the time taken to research and measure one of the originals.
Darth_Egon, twmedford23, Prime 1986 and 3 others liked this
By Marcus B
Kingpin wrote: October 29th, 2020, 1:32 pm
Marcus B wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:36 pm but right now the shell is 14%-33% or so higher than other shells
Only one other shell on the market was produced using studio-owned assets, which I feel accounts for the added cost... You're not just paying for the shell, but also the time taken to research and measure one of the originals.
Something can cost a lot but be a worse value than something cheaper, or it can cost more for a reason. I'm not arguing there is not a reason this costs more at all, and that it doesn't present a good value. I'm just saying based on this one piece, it is significantly more expensive than alternatives and if that carries through, it'll be an expensive build, but it will be a very nice proton pack when finished. But we only know the cost of this one piece really, so who knows. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I think it looks great and it's great it's a available.
By ccv66
PCHRISBOSH1 shells are the same price without the overhead and licensing and he has no problem getting a list of people for preorder. $600 anovos kit was actually a great value, but I ended up throwing half of the parts away. There's never going to be a kit , where every single part is going to be best available. Really like the choice to pick and choose parts. At the moment not cheap, but looks fair
twmedford23, Kingpin, deadderek and 1 others liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]