By azuma
Hi guys,

My name is Azuma. I registered and became a member here in 2016, the same year I got my first back built, and I had my second one built in 2018. Both of my packs are equipped with Matty wand. For some reason, I am not satisfied with my both packs, so earlier this year I decided to commission someone to create a proton pack 3D model so that I can have my idealized pack made.

My pack is based on the measurements from Stefan’s plan with few correction, and the inside of the pack is made to my design. Because of my previous pack building experience, this pack is designed for friendly and easy installation. Slots and installation adapters are specially designed for GhostLab42 (Spongeface) light and sound boards. All holes are marked, and most of them are pre-drilled. The shell is 4mm thick, and 3D printed of AA Acrylic Acid, so sanding is not necessary and is ready for priming.

I am plan to make some available after I got the laser cut MB back. Don’t know if anyone here is interested?

Best regards,
Azuma

By kahuna900
OMG, please do whatever it takes to offer these up on the site. I've been thinking about building a full size pack and you seem to have hit all the correct marks.

Almost seems too good to be true!!!! :)
By azuma
Thank you for your comments! I am still trying to figure out the cost of the pack to determine the price. Hopefully I can have the first batch made soon. Stay tunned.

Hi AJ,

How to be Supporting Membership? Thank you.

Best regards,
Azuma
deadderek liked this
By Mercifull
You've thought this through really well. Following this thread for progress and details.

I don't know much about Acrylic Acid 3d printing, does this mean you don't get print lines like with a FDM printer with PLA? Is this as good as cast parts?
By azuma
Pseudodonn7 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:16 am Do the spacers on the banjos line up easily for a straight fit on the bumper? I see a lot of people kind of fudge this a bit. I assume 3d printing this absolves errors like that but hey, I wanted to ask a question that potentially gives me more pictures. :p
Not sure what do you mean? Anyway, here is the bumper installed with Metal Bellows purchased from GB fans shop.

By azuma
Mercifull wrote: September 18th, 2020, 4:45 am You've thought this through really well. Following this thread for progress and details.

I don't know much about Acrylic Acid 3d printing, does this mean you don't get print lines like with a FDM printer with PLA? Is this as good as cast parts?
My pack is printed by SLA (Stereolithography Apparatus) 3D printing technology, which prints smooth surface with hard to spot fine lines. Almost all prototypes of new toys are done by SLA these days. They are good as cast parts. According to the 3D printing firm, AA (Acrylic Acid) can stand up to 60°C (140 °Fahrenheit).

Azuma
kahuna900, deadderek liked this
By Mercifull
You could really be into something here. This is incredible detail for a 3D print I don’t think there’s any other builders selling anything like this.

If you are able to work out a cost that’s acceptable to you I’m sure there are interested buyers here.
By Mercifull
I really like how so much of it slots and bolts together. I’m really exited by this concept. How durable is the material to knocks and bangs? 3D printed stuff can sometimes be quite brittle but I’m not as experienced in the particular material you’ve used. I hope you can work out the logistics of printing and shipping soon. Or perhaps you might consider just selling the models so that people can find a local resin 3D printing company that can build it.

I think as well you should consider adding some hidden “watermarks” as well, maybe in the inside of the shell or in areas where other things then bolt on and coverup. This may help deter re-casters from stealing your work.
By Mercifull
I just worry that without any sort of watermarking or unique identifier that someone will try recasting and rip-off the work. The beauty of 3D printing is that these watermarks could be all over the place on the inside and in hidden areas to make it a lot harder to recast.

You might also want to reconsider those predrilled holes in the Hydrogen Gas Actuator so that builders have the choice on what style of pack to build. Alternatively, you could offer it as a configuration option I suppose.

While Stefan’s plans show the legris and clippard elbows in direct alignment, on the “Spengler” identified pack and also in the new Afterlife film they are misaligned.

Stefan ottos plans

Afterlife screenshot from behind the scenes clip
kahuna900 liked this
By Marcus B
The way the reflectors and light kit fits in is genius.. Having just gotten through most of it with my Anovos pack... I wish I had been able to purchase this kit instead.

This could be the "standard" pack for most people when it becomes available. You'll still have people building accurate replicas, upgrading Spirit packs, etc.. but this is the one I think a lot of people would opt for if the price is right. It looks like a great platform to start with and upgrade as you want.
By Tommorris22
I agree this looks fantastic and was obviously engineered really well. I’d be happy to purchase the files to print myself or even if it’s offered as a kit, if the price is right I may consider it. Strong work
By mike_waclo
Marcus B wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 11:40 am The way the reflectors and light kit fits in is genius.. Having just gotten through most of it with my Anovos pack... I wish I had been able to purchase this kit instead.

This could be the "standard" pack for most people when it becomes available. You'll still have people building accurate replicas, upgrading Spirit packs, etc.. but this is the one I think a lot of people would opt for if the price is right. It looks like a great platform to start with and upgrade as you want.

Having also built an Anovos pack, I'm strongly considering buying this kit to upgrade my kit. :)
By azuma
I have my boy, who is 45kg/99lb, standing on the shell without problem, however, I don't know what would happen if he jumps on it. It could be a different story thou...

My laser cut aluminum MB just came in. A four inches hole in the center is pre-cut for my speaker. It looks pretty nice to me.

Un-drilled HGA could be an option as well.

Cheers,
Azuma
Mercifull, Marcus B, SP Productions and 2 others liked this
By davidkram2003
I’m definitely interested in one of these. Can’t wait to see the price.
By Carldacorte
Azuma! You aren’t by chance the Azuma who makes the AMAZING Indy shirts are you? I see an Indy bag peeking out in your last picture :)

If so, I just ordered a shirt from you and can’t wait to receive it!
infinacy liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]