By DJVinx
It is possible to make something great from EVA and craft foam! The best advise is to take your time ;)

Use contact glue on both sides you want to put together, wait until not tacky anymore (1-2 minutes) and press together. It will instantly bond.

Seal your foam with mod podge before painting. It helps a lot!

I made a small proton pack this way and it looks good ans is sturdy enough.

Keep us posted!
EnderWeggen liked this
By Kingpin
The thing about building a Proton Pack is if you're willing to invest a few years in the construction/part collection process... You can assemble a pretty-decent looking Pack whilst working to a budget, the key is to set some money aside each week or month towards a Proton Pack fund. Additionally, what can help keep the costs down is to go for 3D printed or resin pieces over genuine parts... As the growing scarcity of many is driving up the price of the remaining pieces in the market.

One thing I can suggest is for a full-scale shell, you could go for the Studio Creations option: Link. The details are much softer compared to other efforts, and it won't be as strong as fibreglass, but at $125 it's a major saving on the $299.99 cost of the shell in the store.

Likewise if lighting accuracy isn't paramount, and if you're not too fussed about sound, you could purchase some inexpensive lights to outfit the Pack with.

That being said though, to tie back into my earlier point, you could look at getting the outside of the Pack assembled first, and then focus on the electronics at a later point.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]