I made a video to answer the common question of how much it costs to have a somewhat accurate proton pack. I hope this will be helpful to new builders just joining the hobby.

The video features price comparisons of parts in the GBfans shop as well as a couple aluminum sellers in the For Sale thread, CPU64 and EJGUNTH87. I just picked them because they seem to be actively producing parts and they were on page 1 of the thread.

It’s a long, detailed video that shows not only part prices, but also where they are on the pack. I also compared aluminum vs resin costs, and GB1 vs GB2 part prices.

If I misspoke at any point I apologize in advance. Many of you are way more knowledgeable than I am, but I wanted to be helpful from what I’ve come to understand. I’m open to correction in this thread if y’all catch something wrong.

Dove wrote: July 12th, 2020, 6:14 am Dude, that is an impressively extensive video! It's funny but I'm glad I DIDN'T see this before I started spending cash on this awesome hobby. I don't want to know what I've spent, ha! But seriously this is and will be super helpful so thank you.
Agreed. Its good that someone put out a resource like this to help people starting their pack building.
I made a video comparing my pack to the Spirit Halloween Deluxe Proton Pack. You don’t have to break the bank to have a decent pack. I go through the major differences and mention the modifications that are possible, however I’ve never researched them since I have no plans to modify mine.

My son was playing Fortnite in the next room, so forgive the noise pollution.

Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]