By AndFisher
Sorry, I thought I knew this, but have seen so many build threads where people have masked off different parts, the packs in the reference section look too dusty to conclusively say, and I couldn't find an existing thread, so I'll come out and ask it.

Is there a "definitive" thought on what parts of the shell should have orange-peel texture and what shouldn't.

I am 100% sure the following parts should not:

N-FILTER
POWER CELL RIBS
CRANK BOX RIBS
CRANK CYLINDER
GUN MOUNT RIBS
VACUUM HOSE BASE DISC
CLIPPARD VALVE BASE DISC
CYCLOTRON DISCS
PPD DISCS

Here are parts I am now unsure of texture:

Cyclotron plates
Power Cell (face)
Crank box (face / underside)

Every thread I see people do something slightly different. For shells by kit makers who do have texture built in, is there a standard? Or is it like fingerprints and everyone just has it slightly different?

What's the consensus?
By Lowberg
Cyclotron plates - I'd say the general consensus is to texture them. It looks very lightly textured to me and matches the rest of the cyclotron

Power Cell (face) - Untextured definitely

Crank box (face / underside) - The underside i'd say is textured. The face I don't think was textured in the way we refer to "texturing", but has some paint brush texture due to how they applied the gel coat to the mold with a brush.

For example in this shot it appears smooth:

In this shot you can see the brush marks.

It's quite hard to replicate exactly because the general consensus is that they didn't intentionally texture the pack, but instead some of the texturing comes from the foam/wood parts the master mold was created from
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]