By hooker
It's been a long time since i have posted a build thread on here and kept up with it so I am hoping by starting this thread it will motivate me to keep up with posting m progress. I am starting a new set of styrene masters for a pack, wand, trap and pedal in full and half scale sizes. Being a little rusty, with my styrene building , progress was slow. Armed with my exacto, calipers, rulers and some machinist blocks I put blade to plastic and things started coming together.

This week's goal was to start the gun bodies and to dig out some of my old 1/2 scale parts from my previous build so I to save some time in re-building. Previous 1/2 scale build HERE
Unfortunately, I managed to delete some of the early progress pics starting the bodies so this pic will be the start of the build:

and here are some parts I have saved from my last build. Legris, resistor and mini spinner knob took a lot of time so I am glad I still hung onto them. I included and full size legris and resistor for sizer reference.

I will have much more progress soon.
mburkit, Glenn Frederick, Kingpin and 5 others liked this
By pchrisbosh1
Very cool stuff Hook. Your styrene skills still look as sharp as ever.
kind2311, hooker liked this
By hooker
Wow, a lot of old school builders dropping in! Great to see you all here.

Today will just be a quick and rough update. Today I just did some quick roughing for the barrel and handle as well as some modification of the rear bar and trigger. Eventually I will be molding and casting the half scale stuff so I am treating it like a model kit. I've been trying to come up with ways that function in assembly but still remain as close to original as possible. Being a smaller scale, strength and support are also a factor.

I added a registration key to the side of the trigger for support and ease of assembly. I am not sold on it yet but that is what this process is about....trial and error.

Key on side of the trigger box (will have a hole in the middle for wires)....

...and they fit together like so.

and a quick shot of a loose fit.

I still need to do a lot of clean up and final touches on these parts but wanted to drop a quick update.
As always, suggestions are welcomed. My next update will be much larger and the start of a mini clippard valve, gun track, and mini hat lights.
Austin, Dan AKA, mburkit liked this

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]