By JWils23
I just got my ion arm from the shop and wow is it beautiful! In my excitement of finally having the last part I was waiting on I started mocking things up to get going on drilling and tapping holes. But when I started to put the ion end cap on it doesn't match up with the ion arm (both from the shop), and overhangs by an 1/8th of an inch. I looked through a bunch of build threads and pictures and none of them seem to have the overhang mine does, they all seem to match very well. Has anyone else run into this issue?
By Prologic9
You mean like on the filming props?

In reality there are overhangs and undershelves all the time, on both the actual props and replicas. It's just the nature of handmade parts. You don't notice them because they aren't very noticeable. If it was me I'd center it so there's 1/16 top and bottom, but any position could be considered accurate.
JWils23 liked this
By NotSabbat
I got a bit of overhang as well and I just centered it. Ive only looked at a few of the packs in detail, but the ones I have looked at closely the caps are a little bigger than the arm. Yay handmade props :D
JWils23 liked this
By JWils23
Thanks guys for the feedback, I appreciate it! And thanks Prologic9 for posting that picture, I had not seen that one before. After reading what you said I found a few pictures where it looks like the cap over hangs the top of the arm, like on this photo of 84 movie packs.

I'm just going to overhang it 1/16th on both sides like you said to even it out.
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]