sycojp wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am I had this issue also and solved it by taking a box cutter in a straight line the length of the cord. It’s much more natural and I believe that’s how the actual packs are.
You just cut the tube all the way? Wouldn't that make the wires be exposed or any other issue? Could you post an image of what it looks like?
I cut the tube all the way to the base that connects to the pack but let a couple of inches on the connection to the wand. I've attached some pics so you can see what I mean. It hangs much more naturally and there has never been any issues with the wires coming out or anything. The cut stays close to the actual mold.
Last edited by sycojp on May 24th, 2020, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think the cut just allows the rigid plastic some elasticity. The plastic is rigid enough that the molded shape doesn't really change so I haven't found the need to zip tie it or anything. I'm using spongefaces wand lights and the wiring has never poked out or anything. I did loosely tape the wiring for the wanton the inside of the tube so maybe that helps.

Let me know how it turns out for you and good luck!
Cut the tube today and put a few pull ties along it. Mainly at the connection to the pack and wand to keep them from coming undone as well as one in the middle. The hose moves a bit better now but it also makes a somewhat annoying noise. I'd say it's at the very least an acceptable improvement. Thanks for the suggestion. I just don't get why they didn't use a proper rubber hose though. Would it really have cost that much more to use a hose that would actually move properly? I wouldn't have minded paying a bit extra for a few tweaks here and there to the pack to make it overall better.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Cut the tube today and put a few pull ties along it. Mainly at the connection to the pack and wand to keep them from coming undone as well as one in the middle. The hose moves a bit better now but it also makes a somewhat annoying noise. I'd say it's at the very least an acceptable improvement. Thanks for the suggestion. I just don't get why they didn't use a proper rubber hose though. Would it really have cost that much more to use a hose that would actually move properly? I wouldn't have minded paying a bit extra for a few tweaks here and there to the pack to make it overall better.
Well, it's a toy designed for costuming 2 days a year so it's not going to be perfect. Also, a rubber hose wouldn't be "proper" as even the real deals had the same loom that it comes with. [emoji2369]
VenomSymbiote wrote:So basically cutting the tube makes it more screen accurate? Neat. For how much I love this franchise I'm such a tech illiterate guy. It's why I pretty much never want to make my own pack because I don't know any sort of handy skills. I mean I just learned what a split loom was soooo...
Yes! Even if you fell into that detail completely by accident, notch one for yourself in the win column. [emoji106]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]