By Wedgeismyhero
So I'm still slowly working on improving my pack, and now that I've completed a Throwing Chicken Neutrona wand (it's so damn good) I've moved on to trying to improve the pack itself. My first stop is the sound. The sounds themselves sound a bit "crackly" and rattle when at full volume, and I'm trying to figure out if it's the quality of the sound files on the GBfans soundboard, or the quality of my speaker, or something else completely. The sounds are alright at about 50% volume, and get almost no rattle.

To start, I purchased the pack from Knowone's designs, so I'm not sure where everything was sourced, but the speaker looks
exactly like the speaker from the GBFans shop, so I'm working under the assumption that's that what it is. It was mounted directly to the aluminum motherboard, so I pulled it off the aluminum and fashioned a mount out of auto rubber weatherseal to try and dampen the vibrations. That seemed to help a bit, but it's still sounding crackly. I'm not experienced enough with these kinds of components to know what would be causing it. To my inexperienced ear, it sounds like the pack itself is rattling but wouldn't know where to start with locating problem areas and improving them.

So, if anybody out there has any tips to offer, techniques for mounting speakers, preferred speaker/sound components, experiences with the GBfans sourced speaker and soundboard, or anything else that might help, I'd be very appreciative!

Some information on the pack itself:
- The shell is vacuformed, pretty thin, and kinda reinforced with fiberglass, but it's not uniform and pulling apart from the shell in parts. I suspect this isn't helping.
- The shell is mounted to the motherboard via wood blocks with what look to be brass thread inserts.
- Probably safe to assume the ALICE frame is a repro, not familiar enough with models to know which one, but it doesn't seem to be loose, and rivets seem to be in tight.
- The majority of the components attached to the shell are resin, the exception being the v-hook mount. This is a mixed bag of mounting solutions, some components are attached to wood blocks, others are just screwed into, and hot glued to the shell. That said, nothing seems to be loose enough to rattle.
- The GBfans board is hot glued onto the shell, no hardware used there. I removed and remounted the power cell lights using nylon posts. Everything there works perfectly.

For sure. I think seeing ordinary guys like the Gh[…]

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]