In panic mode right now... For anybody who has a Matty Thrower. I was making some adjustments to my pack. Once I closed everything up I always go and test the functions. Well i noticed that the wand tip on my thrower is not lighting up and if it does it's not bright at all. Also the rumble motor sounds really loud(not sure if that is just me being overly freaked out now) Has anybody had this issue? Everything else works just fine... Any thoughts?
To open the thrower, you have to punch through a couple of glued-in screw covers. Then you'll have to work your way to the barrel tip - generally this problem is caused by broken solder joints/wires where the 4? 5? conductor flat ribbon connects to the barrel tip LED PCB. Not hard, just tedious.
Opened it up and this is what I found. It looks like the wires are either glued or sonic welded (on purpose?) to a section of the tube. The problem is over time the same area of wire keeps getting bent every time you active the tube mech, so eventually it starts to crack. I had to remove the PCB create clean cuts on the wires and resolder. Now I am back up and running. HOWEVER while I was in there, one of the things I never liked was the fact that the sound came out of the pack and the thrower. So I spliced into the speaker wire added a switch. Now I can turn the sound off on the thrower it's self.ImageImageImageImage
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]