By Justindl
Hi guys I am about to embark on my first build using Ben of Kent pack and Rabid Prototypes sound and light kit. I am desperate for a smoke kit to work with it but have messaged finchers a few times and had no replies and have been told that they aren't doing them for the time being. Is there anyone outside of them in the Ghostbusters community that I can commission/ can make me one? Thanks in advance. Justin :-)
By Banjo
I have put together a couple of my own so far, but I'm still in the testing phase. I used a cheap clearomiser I got on ebay and a mini fish tank air pump from Amazon. A little solder to wire it up, and some hot glue with a piece of tubing and attach the two. Then you need a 3.7 volt power source( You can use a DC to DC buck converter) and a way to make the lights and sound board activate it, like a relay module.
This may sound intimidating, but it's actually pretty easy.
I used a tutorial online to learn how to make it. https://valkyriestudios.net/making-a-mini-fog-machine/
Just replace the remote receiver unit they use with the output signal from your lights and sound board through the relay.
10 pack of clearomisers is like $15, the fish pumps are 2 for $12, DC-DC buck converters are 5 for $8, and relay modules run around $5.
What I'm finding with mine is that if I let the unit set for a week or so between uses, you need to run the setup for a minute or so to get the smoke working again. I'm not sure if that is normal or because of the cheap e-cig parts I'm using. I think I need to add a "priming" button outside my pack to get things flowing before an event.
everyone suggests the cangar K2 clearomiser, but I haven't found a good source for them yet and they are a lot more expensive.

If you want to try your own, I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.
Image014 by banjoben42, on Flickr
+Halomobilo+ liked this
By Pieman007
Do you have a picture of how you have mounted it in your pack please? I made 2 myself but not sure on the best way to mount one in a Benofkent pack?
By Banjo
I don't have a pic, but all I did was to cut a piece of upholstery foam to fit snug into the opening if the n-filter inside the pack, then cut a slit in the center that a stuck the e-cig through until the tip was inside the n-filter area. It seals off the filter from the rest of the pack, and makes the e-cig easy to remove to refill it.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]