By GBDRE760
For those that have done a build with full lights and sounds, how did you go about mounting your speaker? I am thinking of 3D printing a mesh / speaker grill-like thing and using it to drill a series of holes in the motherboard that will basically act as a speaker grill. As far as mounting it goes, I have no clue. I was kind of thinking four nuts and bolts and spacers and use the spacers to stand the speaker off of the motherboard and use the nuts and bolts going through the motherboard, spacers, and speaker mounting holes, making sure the paint the hardware black to match the motherboard and blend in. Does that sound about right or is there a better way to "hide" the speaker?
By Christof
That's not too far off what I did on my build. Marked out a simple grid pattern between the four mounting holes for the speakers on my mother board, then drilled a bunch of holes. Then I used some nuts and bolts to stand off the speakers so they had some room off of the motherboard.
By bishopdonmiguel
Probably many good references in member pack builds. Here is how I tackled it...

Speaker Grille

Speaker Mounting

The speakers mount through the Motherboard and use nylon spacers to space it a bit from the aluminum.
lapena77, GBDRE760, malf84 liked this
By GBDRE760
bishopdonmiguel wrote: August 20th, 2019, 7:23 pm Probably many good references in member pack builds. Here is how I tackled it...

Speaker Grille

Speaker Mounting

The speakers mount through the Motherboard and use nylon spacers to space it a bit from the aluminum.

WOW.... That's over the top cool! Especially your design for the holes that you drilled for the specker to sit behind. Good stuff. Thanks for the advice.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]