Planning on purchasing a few more items for my pack and was wondering which labels were originally metallic and which were regular vinyl? Also, were the three aluminum labels in the gbfans store the only ones on the pack that were of the thicker material?
Someone with better knowledge than me will know for sure... But my recollection is that these were the only "metallic" labels on the Proton Pack:
(On some Proton Pack props, this label was a red vinyl label rather than a silver one)

And the only "metallic" labels on the Proton Gun:
(Between the two round dials)

Though in truth, "metallic" is a subjective discription - some labels were printed on metal (the red circular one), some were metallic foil (potentially the Clippard valves and red rectangular label), and some may have been printed onto a shiny vinyl (potentially the small rectangular labels).
Prologic9 wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm Don't forget the blue bumper label.
My bad, almost every photo I came across made it look like non-metallic vinyl, it didn't help it was only shiny along the edges and text:

That being said, I think one of the fibreglass Ghostbusters II Proton Packs might indicate that vinyl reproductions of some of the metal labels were produced by the production.
Kingpin wrote: March 27th, 2019, 12:07 pm
(On some Proton Pack props, this label was a red vinyl label rather than a silver one)
The red label was on GB1's pack, the silver one on GB2's (but the retrofitted hero pack at sony lobby still got the red one)

Aside this, everything was mentionned :)
LeBloop wrote:
Kingpin wrote: March 27th, 2019, 12:07 pm
The red label was on GB1's pack, the silver one on GB2's (but the retrofitted hero pack at sony lobby still got the red one)

Dan Aykroyd's pack has silver label in GB1.
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:19 pm
LeBloop wrote:

Dan Aykroyd's pack has silver label in GB1.
Have you a pic? Because if I reffer to several shot It's not Dan's one, I removed a lot of screen cap from my files, but on the few I kept, there is no one pack with this spec. :/

If you have it or point me to the sequence in the movie it will be appreciate :)
LeBloop wrote:
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:19 pm Dan Aykroyd's pack has silver label in GB1.
Have you a pic? Because if I reffer to several shot It's not Dan's one, I removed a lot of screen cap from my files, but on the few I kept, there is no one pack with this spec. :/

If you have it or point me to the sequence in the movie it will be appreciate :)
Nope it seems I'm wrong. I was sure that in a reference pic I use that it was Dan's pack from the first film was after looking its definitely gb2. My apologies I should have looked first instead of posting without checking
LeBloop liked this
sorry to bump an old thread. I'm looking into getting some stickers made and have been wanting to know which should be metallic vs normal vinyl and found this thread.

From the pics above it looks like the only foil sticker is the clippard label with all other metallic ones being printed on silver vinyl, is that right? The round one that it says is printed onto metal above doesn't look like it's on foil/chrome metal? is it more of an aluminium/brushed finish rather than chrome for the disc?

any help is appreciated as i'm trying to get the stickers made as accurate as possible.
Have you checked out the labels Arron at Mack’s factory is making? I think that kit is as close to accurate as anyone is making right now. I have them on my pack along with his dry rubs and they are pretty impressive.
Mack's are indeed the closest IMO. I wasn't sure about using his foil top red fuse label at first, as the red color itself doesn't seem to be metallic in the pictures of real used props. However, after scrutinizing the movie very closely, the red portion is definitely metallic in GB1, but perhaps not GB2. You can see the red change color and darken to a purple with the lighting in certain scenes, like when Ray is bent over the "slimed" Peter.
JWils23 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 10:16 am Have you checked out the labels Arron at Mack’s factory is making? I think that kit is as close to accurate as anyone is making right now. I have them on my pack along with his dry rubs and they are pretty impressive.
yeah i've seen those, but they're expensive plus shipping to the UK. I'll be able to make them a lot cheaper.

is it correct that the only foil labels are the clippard ones? all others are just on silver?
On some Proton Pack props, this label was a red vinyl label rather than a silver one.
I'm looking into getting some stickers made and have been wanting to know which should be metallic vs normal vinyl and found this thread.
From the pics above it looks like the only foil sticker is the clippard label with all other metallic ones being printed on silver vinyl, is that right? The round one that it says is printed onto metal above doesn't look like it's on foil/chrome metal? is it more of an aluminium/brushed finish rather than chrome for the disc?
any help is appreciated as i'm trying to get the stickers made as accurate as possible.
Prologic9 wrote: March 29th, 2019, 4:35 am Oh hey, this one was really metal too. You can see a larger vinyl replacement for it, with sharp corners, on other packs;

This is a tricky question:

In that picture the label looks fluorescent/neon. Like RAL 3024/ RAL 3026. Could that be true? (Fluorescent paints give off light in addition to the light they reflect. Like emergency vehicles).

Fluorescent colors are notoriously impossible to display on digital screens. You'd only know it if you'd see it in real life.

Were they normal colors or fluorescent?
One time wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:13 pm This is a tricky question:

In that picture the label looks fluorescent/neon. Like RAL 3024/ RAL 3026. Could that be true? (Fluorescent paints give off light in addition to the light they reflect. Like emergency vehicles).

Fluorescent colors are notoriously impossible to display on digital screens. You'd only know it if you'd see it in real life.

Were they normal colors or fluorescent?
Based on the Mack's Factory labels I would say a normal colour. Arron Mack has had access to the packs Sony still have, and will have matched his labels as closely as possible to the originals.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]