Well, I've been out of the proton pack building scheme of things for a while now. I picked up a Studios Creations Vac shell a few years ago and I could never get much progress done on it. I decided to scrap those plans and went with a Spirit pack. Here's a few progress pictures along with the final result. I still need to work on the electronics and I have a friend 3D printing me a 80% scale Neutrino Wand.

Here it is the day I purchased it. Not bad honestly.

New Motherboard and mounted to an alice pack frame.

Nfilter Hot Glue Welds and Paint

All Stripped down and ready for some work!

Speaker hold had to be filled... This was problably the hardest part of the build, Lots of Spot Putty and filler primer.

Crank Knob and Ion Arm Resister kit from gbmichael http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44637 I highly recommend these!

Original Crank Knob Removed and gaping hole is filled

Krylon Flat Black Final Coat

Graphite Dusting with Krylon Flat Clear coat

Did some weathering and then put everything back together... I can't recommend the Fincher Technolgies GB1 Ribbon Cable enough, Really sets the pack off!

Remounted back to the mother board and alice pack frame with a nice dusting of Fullers Earth.

Lenses from the local Dollar Tree ( Some Folders)

I'm extremely happy with how this turned out. Up next is electronics, sounds, and the new 3D thrower! If anyone has any questions on any techniques, just ask!
Last edited by Ghostbuster88 on September 19th, 2018, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long overdue update! I finished my 3D printed thrower right before halloween for the most part. I used CountDemM0net's files on Thingiverse ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25910490 ) Great 3d print. Everything went together really well. I didn't take many pictures at this stage due to running short in time. But here is what I have.

And finally, the entire pack all finished with a fuller earth bath minus the electronics. This was an extremely fun build and can't wait to finish the electronics for it.

Last edited by Ghostbuster88 on December 31st, 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin wrote:Excellent work. :) Where did you end up relocating the speaker?

Threads like these showcase the great potential the Spirit Packs have.
Haven't relocated it just yet. I completely removed all the original electronics and favor of new Arduino sound and electronics. I'll most likely mount it on the motherboard somewhere.
Update!

Long overdue update! I finished my 3D printed thrower right before halloween for the most part. I used CountDemM0net's files on Thingiverse ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25910490 ) Great 3d print. Everything went together really well. I didn't take many pictures at this stage due to running short in time. But here is what I have.

And finally, the entire pack all finished with a fuller earth bath minus the electronics. This was an extremely fun build and can't wait to finish the electronics for it.

Kingpin, twmedford23, CountDeMonet and 1 others liked this
miamiloco wrote: January 26th, 2019, 10:51 am Awesome job!! Can you tell me how you filled the old crank knob hole? I also want to replace it with a 3D crank knob.
Well I ended up using a dremel and removing the entire old crank knob. Once I had the entire knob removed I glued a piece of leftover wood on the inside of the pack where the crank knob would go. After it dried, just a lot of filling and sanding with bondo, spot putty, and filler primer.
Spirit packs can look really good when people take the time to make them into something great. I upgraded the one I bought with new lights and scaled thrower, which I'm jealous you got the body to so smooth lol. Great Job sir!
MOSUGOJI liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]