Hey Everyone,

I'm in the infant stages of building my first proton pack. I've been reading as much as I can, but have some questions. Anyone give any opinions on which pack (GB 1 or GB2) most tend to build and why ? Also, I know there is a master build list thread that talks about the various parts, but this seems to be the most overwhelming. Would I be fine in terms of accuracy on just getting all my parts from the GB shop, or there other places to consider as well ? I plan on getting as much of the aluminum parts as I can. Thank you for the input!
gti337inkc liked this
I'd like to believe more people build GB1 Proton Pack replicas than GB2, but I don't know how accurate a feeling that is.

People (like myself) go for GB1-style Packs because that's the "prime design", the original... And it has a bit more colour to it in the original type of ribbon cable, and the grey "crank knob" near the top of the Proton Pack.

The store is a good place to go to for parts, although there are some things that the store doesn't offer... Keeping an eye on the marketplace here is always worthwhile. :)
jpetrutis81 liked this
Kingpin thank you for your reply a while back. I'm finally getting started on acquiring the parts to hopefully make a HERO GB1 Spengler pack (actually not really sure the major differences between each characters HERO pack, but going with Spengler). I have been researching as best as I can (forum & wiki), but still having troubles getting a grasp on everything I'll need to get started.

Any recommendations on go to build threads to look at for building a HERO pack ?

What I currently have:

GBfan Store Proton Pack and Motherboard

Looking to get aluminum parts from CPU64 such as aluminum gun body and Trigger/Instrument Bar among other parts.
Am I on the right track for making a HERO pack ?

Should I get the Ion Arm in the lumpy or standard format ?

I see injectors tubes per CPU post should be smooth for the Spengler pack

GBstore:

What are the must buy items for a HERO pack?
Would the Alice LC-1 from the GBfan Store be considered a HERO pack frame ?

Anyone have recommendations on thrower grips since it appears Venky doesn't make any of the parts anymore ? It appears that he made a lot of the most accurate parts, and not sure if there is another go to seller. I realize some of this is preference, but I figure there's got to be a consensus on who makes/where to get accurate parts.

I know I am asking a lot here and have a long way to go, but any recommendations and guidance would greatly be appreciated
I am in pretty much the same boat as you on this one. I have acquired a pack frame and just ordered a motherboard and pack shell from the gbfans store. I am not super knowledgeable the parts involved in building a pack, but as a lifelong fan of the series I want to build an awesome pack and not end up with the wrong things or paying significantly more than I need to for parts due to my lack of knowledge in where to look. Looks like the gbfans store is one of the best bets for accumulating parts that you would need for the packs, but you would have to do research into the specific differences between each member's pack.
Just my 2 cents but a full on screen accurate build can be overwhelming if dive right in. Luckily the pack comes in 2 parts. I wished I had just started with the thrower first. Really taken the time to dial it in and get all the bits and bobs I wanted. Then I probably wouldn’t be in the position of wanting to redo it already. During this time you will see plenty of buts of info and classifieds for rare pack parts and kits to pick up. If you want a display then go slow.
Kuato2084 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 2:50 pm Looking to get aluminum parts from CPU64 such as aluminum gun body and Trigger/Instrument Bar among other parts.
Am I on the right track for making a HERO pack ?

Should I get the Ion Arm in the lumpy or standard format ?

I see injectors tubes per CPU post should be smooth for the Spengler pack

GBstore:

What are the must buy items for a HERO pack?
Would the Alice LC-1 from the GBfan Store be considered a HERO pack frame ?

Anyone have recommendations on thrower grips since it appears Venky doesn't make any of the parts anymore ? It appears that he made a lot of the most accurate parts, and not sure if there is another go to seller. I realize some of this is preference, but I figure there's got to be a consensus on who makes/where to get accurate parts.

I know I am asking a lot here and have a long way to go, but any recommendations and guidance would greatly be appreciated
The best advice I was given at the start of my own build was, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." So it's going to seem super overwhelming at first but I promise you, if you can slow down and break it down into parts and focus on parts a time you can do it.
So I'm just gonna address in order here,
For a full blown hero build, yes, CPU's alu thrower is what you want. There are a few other options on the market, but as far as I know CPU64 is the most available. Also as an owner of one myself, 11/10 would recommend jeeze these things are gorgeous!
Most of us who have built a Hero choose a single pack to use as reference, which has lead to little variance like this. The Spengler pack has mostly very clean, smooth weld lines whereas the others have varying qualities of welds to their parts. So at the end of the day the question is whether you want a Spengler, Stantz, or Venkman. (Has anyone ever done a Zeddemore pack, waitasecond is this a huge oversight on the part of fans TO GOOGLE!)

Regarding the GBFans shop,
The Alice frame available on the market now is a near match for a GB1 Alice frame, and a match for the GB2 Alice frame. For reference to what I mean, see Dan AKA's guide on the various ALICE frames and their straps here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10227
If I remember correctly I ended up using the resin grips available from the GBFans shop, https://www.gbfans.com/shop/resin-parts ... and-grips/
Between 3d printing and webstores like Etsy and eBay it's actually much easier these days to find accurate parts. I would recommend just doing as much digging as you can at every step. At several points I managed to have luck with something as simple as just saving a search on eBay and waiting, or Googling for an exact part number. Good luck, and feel free to PM if you have any questions!
Following! I'm about to start my first build as well. I've been a member here for a looooong time, but I'm just now able to truly dedicate time to a build. I came to the forum to find a thread JUST like this. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]