By H2Ghost
Wow, I haven't updated this in a long time. Life went haywire for a long time and I didn't have time to work on my pack.

Speaking of haywire, I did order my electronics kits a while back and I finally hooked everything up today. And there's a problem.

For some reason, when a switch is plugged in to the vent light port it screws the whole system up. I tried swapping the switch out but that didn't work either. When a switch is plugged into the vent light port, the power up, power down and sound sequences fail to work properly. The vent light itself seems to work when it wants to. The vent light switch also triggers a second power up sequence when you turn it on. I don't know what is going on.

I made a video to show what's happening. I realized that the proton gun light is controlled by a separate dial after I made the video and that the ear button only works when the overheating sequence fully completes so ignore the parts where I'm an idiot. If anyone could help otherwise I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping nothing it seriously wrong with the board.

https://youtu.be/O7hxElSF39c
H2Ghost wrote: October 16th, 2019, 7:29 pm Wow, I haven't updated this in a long time. Life went haywire for a long time and I didn't have time to work on my pack.

Speaking of haywire, I did order my electronics kits a while back and I finally hooked everything up today. And there's a problem.

For some reason, when a switch is plugged in to the vent light port it screws the whole system up. I tried swapping the switch out but that didn't work either. When a switch is plugged into the vent light port, the power up, power down and sound sequences fail to work properly. The vent light itself seems to work when it wants to. The vent light switch also triggers a second power up sequence when you turn it on. I don't know what is going on.

I made a video to show what's happening. I realized that the proton gun light is controlled by a separate dial after I made the video and that the ear button only works when the overheating sequence fully completes so ignore the parts where I'm an idiot. If anyone could help otherwise I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping nothing it seriously wrong with the board.

https://youtu.be/O7hxElSF39c

That actually looks like it is functioning fine.

The vent and power switch work together to recreate different configurations of the pack/wand lights as seen in the movies. See the operational description starting on page 3 of the instructions.

Basically:
You have Off, Standby and On.
The vent switch is needed to get you into standby mode. The pack is running, and the wand is in one of two modes, selected by pressing the fire button when in standby. So your pack can be running and then when you turn on the power up/down switch the startup sound will play.
By H2Ghost
I had a feeling that I may just be a panicky idiot. I'll mess with it when I get home and see if I can't sort it out. Electronics and I historically don't get along :)

Thanks for your help, I'll shout out if I can't wrap my brain around it. Thanks again!
Are people still active on these threads? Has anyone developed a odd template guide to where I need to drill holes and what size the holes need to be and which type of screws go in the holes? Is there any sort of material like that available? I'm building my very first pack and want this to be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated
By tobycj
Allghostsmatter wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:03 am Are people still active on these threads? Has anyone developed a odd template guide to where I need to drill holes and what size the holes need to be and which type of screws go in the holes? Is there any sort of material like that available? I'm building my very first pack and want this to be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated
If you join the Benofkent Facebook group then a guy called Graeme Peter in there did a set of drilling templates for mounting parts to the pack.

If you look in the Proton Pack Index thread on here there's a link to a GB1 screw size thread.
By tobycj
Allghostsmatter wrote: September 30th, 2022, 2:38 pm I don't have Facebook. Can you send them to me here in a private message or to my personal email bigredcacape at gmail ???
I don't have them myself anymore I think, and I'm banned from the BoK group for boring reasons, but I'll message Graeme and see if he can hook you up.
Allghostsmatter liked this
I was gifted a proton pack shell. Doesn't have any of the cuts or pre drilled holes. I don't know where to make the cuts, drill the holes, or where some of the metallic pieces go. Can someone please help me? Maybe a "screw by number" and a "drill here" sort of template guide? I would definitely buy someone a pizza if you could help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]