Hey guys,
i will build a 60% Protonpack the next few month.
It should have sound and light, so i ordered the GBFans Soundboard and a 60% Jupiter Lightkit.
Now my question:

is it possiple to
- Switch on the pack lights with a switch on the pack
- Switch on gun-lights with the activate-switch
- Switch on vent-light and power-up sound with the vent-light switch

or is it only possiple to start Gun and Packlights at the same time?

Thanks and best regards
Erik
Is it the newer pack blaster that your getting? If so, for starters, it has a set of constant and switched power output terminals. The "switched" terminal you can connect your Jupiter electronics to for power and they will turn on when you hit the activate switch on your pack blaster. And get a DPDT toggle switch for your vent-light switch. This switch allows you to turn on/off two separate things. One being your vent light and the other being your power up sound.
The pack lights will be easy to connect, the wand lights will be a bit harder.

The new GBFans Soundboard has a switched power port, that will allow you to easily connect the jupiter back lights. The wand lights will likely require special switches, but it may be possible for your to connect your switches from the jupiter kit by running a wire back to the GBFans Soundboard and using the connections for those.
i thought it doesnt matter what type of switches?? Cant i Use SPDT or SPST too?
I am not sure, but the Jupiter Lights run with the the voltage from 9 to 14 Volts, the GB fans too.
So why cant i use SPDT or SPST switches when i will run with one Battery? :sigh:
I used the 75% jupiter wand kit, GBFans board, and GBfans pack light kit for my sons pack. The Jupiter kit comes with three DPDT toggles (activate, vent, and song), SPST momentary for fire, and a 9 volt battery connecter wired to the board. A red SPST momentary is included for the wand tip but is not wired to anything. I connected power to the Jupiter wand board through the GBfans board by using an extra 9 volt battery connector plug. SPST firing, required splicing a wire into one of the wires for the fire switch. The GBfans board only needs one wire connected to fire even though two are provided for different wiring applications. DPDT is simply wiring from GBfans board to switch.
But cant i run everything with only one 11,1v Battery? I am sure, years ago, in my normal scale pack with gb fans sound borad and jupiter gun and pack lights i only had one battery
Yes, you can run the GBfans sound board and power the Jupiter props light kit off a single battery. The battery will be connected to the soundboard which has screw in jumper connectors for the wand and also the pack lights. Since the Jupiter props came wired for a 9v plug, I just purchased another 9v plug and ran a long power wire from the wand to the soundboard. If your using the GBfans light kit for any reason, they simply plug into the multi pin connector on the GBfans soundboard to do the same thing.

For smaller packs, the GBfans soundboard with the built in amp is the only way to go when space is limited and simplicity is needed. I have seen a few people here build them with arduinos but the wiring turned me away.

The only negative for not using the GBfans light kit is the matching lights to sound features. (vent overheat and such)
ok. so and when i will use ONE battery, why have i to use DPDT?
Cant i split the Cable that run to the lights, that it parallel go to the place on the soundboard?

Best regards
Erik
So, here is a painting how i thought it was in my real scale pack, years ago:

will it work this way? And what is the difference between PU and PD at the solder-socket? which of that both should I use with 11,1V
http://www.gbfans.com/images/shop/packs ... ctions.pdf

This is how mine is set up. All toggle switches included with the Jupiter props wand kit are DPDT.

I do not have a separate switch for the battery, but when I turn the battery on power is sent to the sound board and no lights and sound is turned on until I use the switches on the wand.

Switch #1 turns on the power to the wand light kit (separate circuit from GBFans sound board). The other circuit connected to the switch #1 sanctimoniously turns on the power up sound and pack lights.

Switch #2 does two things:

With switch #1 off, #2 can be turned on and the pack lights turn on with a power up sound. There is no pack hum (even if hum is turned on at the board) after the power up sound and just pack light silently cycle. You can turn off #2 and the pack lights turn off with the power down sound. You can still turn switch #1 on, the wand light turn on, and your given another power up sound. If the hum sound is switched on the sound board, the hum will follow.

From here switch #1 and #2 should be on. If you want to hear the vent sound, you simply cycle #2 off and on again. When switch #1 is turned off activates the power down sound and all light turn off.

Starting over from all switches off and just the battery turned on. You can turn on #4 and play the song without any lights flashing.
goodale.jason liked this
While following the plans closely on J-Place version what I did was simply run the two wires from the soundboard as “black” onto the two pins on the right side of the toggle switch. For the activation switch I ran my two red’s which goes in the middle two pins where the wand lights gets it’s power.

I think I may need to run another pair of wires for the pack lights on the second switch? That will also go to the two middle pins.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]