By Braz
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I was browsing for proton packs on Ebay, and stumbled upon this auction for a military radio receiver:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352012891137?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I don't know if there's anything out there on where the original Ghostbusters prop builders got their inspiration from, but it sure looks like this might have helped.

By 910dohead
Nope, never have but this is very interesting. With that ruler being there, it looks as though its the right size for the cyclotron. This is engineered a little too similar. I am interested in knowing if there are other manufacturers and designs similar to this? I mean this is a rabbit hole worth going down.

This is a 1960's era doppler device and it looks like General Precision may have cranked out a few other models; APN-66, APN-82, APN-147 & APN-153. The precursor to this appears to be a PC-212. I am curious what this information may uncover?
Braz liked this
By PssdffJay
That's an interesting find. I hope one of us wins it (although live eBay auctions are not allowed to be posted...). Unfortunately at $200+ for Canadian shipping, I'm definitely going to pass. It would be neat to see how it measures out.
Braz liked this
By Braz
PssdffJay wrote:That's an interesting find. I hope one of us wins it (although live eBay auctions are not allowed to be posted...). Unfortunately at $200+ for Canadian shipping, I'm definitely going to pass. It would be neat to see how it measures out.
I'd give the auction a go, but it looks extremely heavy. Not sure I want to be moving something like that around the house.

It's probably why shipping to Canada is so expensive.
By Lee FW
wow, awesome find, very hard to believe this didn't play some part in the pack development.

If ever I was to make a hybrid ATC OGB pack I'd definitely look to this for inspiration.
Braz liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]