I am in the beginning stages of modding all of the Kenner Ghostbuster toys for my 2 1/2 year old son.

I had the idea to add lights and sound to it, because I know when I give it to him, he will want it to be just like daddy's, and want it to light up and make blasty sounds like my Matty wand that he sometimes gets to play with.

I did some dollar store hopping the other day and found a toy gun that made blasty sounds, lit up, AND vibrated when fired. I figured I could use the inner components and somehow install them inside the toy wand.

I was able to remove the componets easily from the toy gun. But the transplant into the toy thrower was a nightmare. The solder points on the electronics were so weak that the slightest movement broke it. Needless to say after just a few minutes of trying to figure out a position inside the thrower it broke.

That being said, I wonder if any of you guys have ever added any sort of lights or sound to a Kenner wand? I am looking for something that does just that: some sort of simple lights for the proton stream, and some sort of sound when fired. It doesn't have to be the movie sounds.

I know I could get all the official sound boards and light kits but I am wanting to do this for cheap. After all it will be a toy for my kid to play with, and I don't want to spend a chunk of change on something he will more than likely break.

So if you guys have any suggestions for how to add simple lights and sound to a Kenner pack, I would be most grateful.

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]