By GohstTarp
Back at the end of January, I finished up my pack and now I finally have some time to update this thread with my results. Let's get started...

After painting the wand and reassembling, I started work on the final details.

One detail that I really wanted to replicate was the round neck foam that goes around the ALICE frame...

I started with some 1/2-inch pipe insulating foam from Home Depot and cut a piece at about 8 1/2"...

To get the white powdery look on the inside, I brushed on some white fabric paint...

Then I used a black paint pen and darkened the sides...

Finally, I used some black gaffers tape to attach to the ALICE frame...

Pretty close to this screen shot...

After that, I applied the motherboard neck foam, dry-rub decals, various stickers and some light weathering. Here is what I ended up with...

I'm super happy with my pack and couldn't have done it without this site and all the amazing members helping.

Thank you to...
AJ/GBFans.com, Kingpin, CPU64, nick-a-tron, Crix, Ejgunth87, WShawn and the Portland Ghostbusters, bishopdonmiguel, Grimmy GB, kind2311, Venkman's Swagger, PssdffJay, pyhasanon, Lowberg, barison82, canpara and everyone else the helped.

That's all... until my next update ;)
twmedford23, canpara liked this
Gorgeous! Amazing work.
GohstTarp liked this
GohstTarp wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 5:44 pm
One detail that I really wanted to replicate was the round neck foam that goes around the ALICE frame...

Looking at this screen grab, it almost looks like there is pvc pipe at the center of the foam insulation, albeit with a channel cut out. The reason I say this is because you can see a little corner of white poking out from the foam.
By NotSabbat
Master Taran wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 11:07 pm
GohstTarp wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 5:44 pm
Looking at this screen grab, it almost looks like there is pvc pipe at the center of the foam insulation, albeit with a channel cut out. The reason I say this is because you can see a little corner of white poking out from the foam.
I had an interesting thought after reading this; what if the white is double sided tape of some kind? I always reckoned the pipe insulation (or whatever) was supposed to be completely around the frame to make it more comfortable around the neck/shoulders and pictures like the above show when that failed rather than by design. The white around the inside of the round padding could be double sided tape put there to keep the padding stuck to the frame...tape that ultimately failed in many of the scenes. Just a thought.
I believe the white seen in the image is powder. Certain foam pipe insulations, particularly the more rubbery ones are manufactured with a white powder inside them to help reduce the friction of the pipes being inserted. This causes the inside of the insulation tubes to appear white.
By abritinthebay
It's not powder. It's a white tube. Wrapped in gaffer tape, then the ends hit with black paint. They didn't actually cover all of the white tube, it's bare in the middle between the straps on the underside.
Kingpin liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]