Hey Jim, long time listener...first time caller here.

I've looked locally for a Kanger T2 and can not find one. The closest thing anyone sells is a Kanger T3D. The middle pin on the inside bottom looks identical (I'm guessing you can swap the different tanks to go with the same battery bases) Have you tried or know anyone who has tried one of these?

Regarding your comment above...this system can work with a blue brick. Can it work with just the one blue brick running the wand and pack lights/sound board? Or would I need a second seperate brick to work just the ecig?

Thanks so much for you and your son coming up with this great system. The most me and my dad do are sit around and bitch and moan about our jobs to each other. :P lol
Mike Decay wrote:Hey Jim, long time listener...first time caller here.

I've looked locally for a Kanger T2 and can not find one. The closest thing anyone sells is a Kanger T3D. The middle pin on the inside bottom looks identical (I'm guessing you can swap the different tanks to go with the same battery bases) Have you tried or know anyone who has tried one of these?

Regarding your comment above...this system can work with a blue brick. Can it work with just the one blue brick running the wand and pack lights/sound board? Or would I need a second seperate brick to work just the ecig?

Thanks so much for you and your son coming up with this great system. The most me and my dad do are sit around and bitch and moan about our jobs to each other. :P lol
Mike, the T2's are a bit harder to find now but I have had no problem restocking from internet searches. The difference between the t2 and t3 and similar bottom coil or dual coil cartridges is in how the coils are replaced. The T2 the coil is replaced from the tip end and the bottom part with the pin doesn't have to be touched. In the T3 the bottom pin where the wires would be soldered is actually part of the coil itself and would require removing the air hose assembly and resoldering the wire
in the event of a burnt out filament
Look at the replacement coil page of each type and you will see what I'm talking about

a single blue brick can power the ecig and gbfans sound and light boards IF it is anywhere near the advertized mAh capacity but I have gotten a few lemons in the past that were clearly not as advertized and absolutely NONE that tested remotely to the advertized 9800 mAh rating, the last 1 I took apart had 6 cells that looked like something for a phone marked at 3.7V/1800 mAh each which would produce a maximum of 3600mAh the way they are wired up and the worst part absolutely no protection or balancing circuit
I have had better luck and more reliability from 18650 type battery packs which can be found in 3cell/2200 to 2500mAh or 6 cells at 4400mAh to 5000mAh and perform circles around the so called 9800 mAh "blue bricks"
So keep it a T2 unless I can find a similar cartomizer that the coil can be changed through the top.

And the blue brick is just that. A blue brick. Better suited for chucking through someone's window with an anonymous letter taped to it. :)

I'll probably be ordering some stuff online to meet my needs...but I hate waiting for the post office to deliver. I'm a "want it right now or give up on the whole thing" kinda guy.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I purchased my T2 tank from ebay, here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281563074638?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

My question however is that my UBEC goes to 5v/6v and I found that the atomizer in the T2 does a maximum of 4.7v (http://www.kangeronline.com/products/t2 ... =280719062) is that going to be a problem?
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ecto062 wrote:I purchased my T2 tank from ebay, here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281563074638?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

My question however is that my UBEC goes to 5v/6v and I found that the atomizer in the T2 does a maximum of 4.7v (http://www.kangeronline.com/products/t2 ... =280719062) is that going to be a problem?
The T2 has been extensively tested and almost 100 smoke kits sold and in operation as well as numerous fans that have built their own from the tutorial. with the extra air from the air pump the filament is well able to handle the extra voltage I usually leave them on the 5V setting, but they will function at the 6V setting since that will also increase the pump speed and provide a little more smoke, but the 5V setting is on the side of caution and seems to provide plenty of smoke
Thanks for the heads up! I got a 12v pump so I am really only using the UBEC for the T2. I have never used a UBEC before this. Do you switch the voltage from 5v to 6v just by moving the that little blue jumper from the 2 pins it is sitting on over to the third pin?
Ecto062 wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I got a 12v pump so I am really only using the UBEC for the T2. I have never used a UBEC before this. Do you switch the voltage from 5v to 6v just by moving the that little blue jumper from the 2 pins it is sitting on over to the third pin?
yes , just move the jumper over 1 pin, BTW all of this has been covered in the tutorial previously and in the sale thread.
But a couple of cautions
The filament won't last long if you let the fluid run out
Let the cartomizer sit for several minutes so the wick will be fully saturated upon refilling, I let it set for 5 minuteson the 1st fill.
The filament tends to be visibly red hot if enough fluid is not present on the wick inside the inner wick assembly and you try to activate the power too soon

Good luck and happy venting
Hi all,
I'm using this awesome venting idea for a Boba Fett jetpack. Same idea, just venting it from a circular grille on the pack instead of the N-filter. I've got everything working, but when I turn on the PC fan, it doesn't push the smoke out with the same force as I see in the proton pack videos. Maybe my mix is off (I'm using 50/50) or I need some kind of chamber above the fan to collect the smoke in the PVC before venting it out? Any ideas would be appreciated! Here's the setup so far.

https://youtu.be/xbI1IqmnAoI

Here is another kit in a 3D printed trap.

The fan and lights run off a separate battery. This allows the smoke to circulate and stream out a little longer after the pump/cig is deactivated.

When the lights and fan are going it gives off a slight hum and vibration that makes it feel like a real piece of functional equipment.

A switch has been placed on the pedal to activate the smoker and you can hold the trap by the hose.
I have a second smoke kit on order that I may try to cram in there.
Oh wow, this looks amazing! I'm performing a long needed repair/upgrade on my Proton Pack (a circa 1999 model, from like, Norm Gagnon's 1st or 2nd generation blueprints) with a modern Power Cell and Cyclotron lights and the Matty Thrower, and this little kit looks to be the perfect little guy to help me modernize my system. Between this and Spongeface's Matty Thrower sound controller, I'm hoping that I'll be able to take my now kinda shabby looking Pack and make it look, well, better than it does now. Thanks for making this available jimfin, and as a long time lurker thanks to everyone for your threads and stuff over the years..this place has been very helpful for info on how and what to do with my gear when it comes to repairs and fixes and stuff, and that's thanks to all you active posters! So, on behalf of lurkers everywhere, lemme say thanks!
Hey GB fans! Starting to construct my hero pack and researching the amazing smoke vent techniques. I'm having trouble viewing the images in the original post, they all seem to be broken. Does anybody have access to those images? Is anybody offering smoke kits for sale?

Thanks for your help.

~Jeff
denn_rulez wrote:Hey GB fans! Starting to construct my hero pack and researching the amazing smoke vent techniques. I'm having trouble viewing the images in the original post, they all seem to be broken. Does anybody have access to those images? Is anybody offering smoke kits for sale?

Thanks for your help.

~Jeff
JimFin sells ecig vent kits in the For Sale section. They are immense and Jim is very helpful
Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to edit the first post and no longer have the pics saved to correct the bad links. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Over the last two and a half years and over 160 kits built, we have made vast improvements over the construction and performance of our e-cig vent kits and have changed many components used. We are in the process of making a new and updated tutorial thread that will follow our current build design and include detailed pics. We hope to have the new thread up soon so that those of you who want to build your own vent system will be able to with our tried & trusted instructions. Keep in mind, we also offer fully-built kits that are customized to your specific pack in the For Sale section.
I purchased a kit from the first or second run a few years back. I went to turn it on recently and the moment the vent sequence starts and the smoke is about to push, my entire system surges and shuts down. the only way to "reboot" the pack is to pull power and power up again. any ideas? i have all gbfans sounds/lights boards too including the vent relay board.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]