By The Stiff
I was able to find a couple of old theads dating back to 2006 on this pack and auction:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=2&t=1052

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=2&t=1410

Exoray says that it was a pack made by Venkman71 that was paired with a real COA from a different pack. Profiles in History was informed that the pack was not screen-used and the auction was pulled.

He also had a screengrab from the Profiles in History auction (an oddly large bmp file, which I've tried to shrink):

By EJLambert
This is a very specific example on how people out there are trying to swindle fans. It actually makes me sick on how some crook is trying to pass this off as a screen used pack after the atrocious paint job that was done.
By gbrob
Not to mention the thrower falling to the ground constantly.

The bottle in this picture didn't help matters I think.

By Phish4dinner
gbrob wrote:Not to mention the thrower falling to the ground constantly.

The bottle in this picture didn't help matters I think.
Well its safe to say you just figured out why the thrower looks as if it fell to the ground multiple times... It looks like Dizzy Gillespies trumpet
By CPU64
And they're snappy about it too!
(from ebay)

"Yes, you caught us - we know absolutely nothing about Proton Packs. We're guilty of not watching the movie. If anyone has any questions or comments not pertaining to the fact that it's upside down, let us know."

LOL
By kevinj319
He must be the same guy responsible for the Sanctum of Slime cover art. It all makes sense now.
By JoeLuna33
CPU64 wrote:And they're snappy about it too!
(from ebay)

"Yes, you caught us - we know absolutely nothing about Proton Packs. We're guilty of not watching the movie. If anyone has any questions or comments not pertaining to the fact that it's upside down, let us know."

LOL
I know someone here asked the question that brought on that response. So who's the wise guy that made me laugh when I read that?
By fixxer
How does one go about purchasing one of these said 'Upside Down' Packs??

I require one as my head protrudes from my anus and not my neck......and seeing as this pack is covered in red, does that mean it goes faster??
By janderson0719
He mentions that he never saw the movie so that's why it's upside down but all he had to do was look at the freakin' labels and see that the writing is upside down :sigh: I'm insulted by this bid...can't believe this is gonna sell...
By Cyland Props
CPU64 wrote:How can you even wear an ALICE frame upside down on your back? I didn't think it would be possible. There are no words to describe this guy..
Maybe he thought the kidney pad was a choker or neck brace?
By Daniel Welch
The best part is that there's weathering where there shouldn't be any, like the loom and ribbon cable. Not to mention the fact that in the close up pictures, you can tell that all that garbage is painted on. Why would plastic and fiberglass rust?
Did anyone see the tool on eBay trying to sell a proton pack while wearing it upside down? HAHA! Anyways...besides the fact that he is a complete dolt, is that pack a Profiles in History pack? If anyone hasn't seen it here is the eBay number. Item #: 250796467916
Last edited by Vincenzo330 on April 1st, 2011, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Threads merged
By Cyland Props
Daniel Welch wrote:The best part is that there's weathering where there shouldn't be any, like the loom and ribbon cable. Not to mention the fact that in the close up pictures, you can tell that all that garbage is painted on. Why would plastic and fiberglass rust?
That's just it the original packs were not weathered.
By CPU64
Would you expect better from people who decorate restaurants?
They don't care. Look at FRIDAY'S and Ruby Tuesdays. The walls are all decorated with vintage stuff which are bolted to the walls. (I've seen a classic electric guitar with 4 screws through it)

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]