Canthor wrote:Thank you again valentino_42 ! :cool:

Everything I tried on the mirrored *foil* to dull it down failed...

But I found these sheets! :D(only problem is I ordered the first batch with a vertical back split by mistake so you can see a tiny crease in the middle of the sheet. New order has no slit, like the other sheets I picked up.)

Product OL177SP - Weatherproof Silver Polyester Laser - 8.5" x 11" Full Sheet Label With No Back Slit Labels

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL177SP.htm

These WILL NOT work with an Inkjet printer. I tried lol.... So I took them to a local print shop and it cost me $1 for a sheet on the color laser printer.

These look MUCH closer to the real deal than the mirrored ones I made.

Sheet is slightly reflective instead of *mirrored* and has the *brushed silver* look :)
Outstanding! These are turning out better than I could have ever hoped!
kinda unrelated, but seems as good a place as any. now that we have these all printed out, is there someplace to see the location all these stickers/cutouts/whatever should go?

I mean I've figured out the most obvious and large labels, but the small red and white DANGER labels absolutely elude me.

As well as Caution Hot! I mean where the hell.
hi this post is great!! thanks for all the info and decal download. There is one thing i noticed. there is one decal that is missing that would be great to have and thats the red stripe sticker to go around the N filter instead of trying to paint it on. if you could do another update with that on there that would be awesome. thanks
Mike Witt wrote:hi this post is great!! thanks for all the info and decal download. There is one thing i noticed. there is one decal that is missing that would be great to have and thats the red stripe sticker to go around the N filter instead of trying to paint it on. if you could do another update with that on there that would be awesome. thanks
That's supposed to be automotive pinstriping. Pick it up cheap at any automotive parts store, no printing/painting required.
jackdoud wrote:That's supposed to be automotive pinstriping. Pick it up cheap at any automotive parts store, no printing/painting required.
Automotive pinstriping ftw :D !

I was going to try a strong adhesive on red electric tape :oops: lol
Mike Witt wrote:hi this post is great!! thanks for all the info and decal download. There is one thing i noticed. there is one decal that is missing that would be great to have and thats the red stripe sticker to go around the N filter instead of trying to paint it on. if you could do another update with that on there that would be awesome. thanks
As others have mentioned, there are lots of ways to get the n-filter stripe... I originally didn't include it because it's a single strip with no additional text or graphics. It's a single color... not really a "decal". It's so easy to scrounge up out of nothing. It would have a visible white edge once you cut it out... Pin striping, red tape, red paper, red paint, Red Foreman... all would probably be better to use.

However, there'd be no harm in including it in another revision if and when I get some time. I think there's some room to spare yet on the sheets. People might just need to hit the edge with a red sharpie or something before they stick it down.

Also, after reading some other comments in this thread, the wheels in my mind are turning... and I'm trying to decide if a sticker placement diagram is too much work for me at the moment. It would make people's lives a lot easier. I remember hunting through all of these threads and the reference photos when I made my pack to get the placements right. it was so time consuming. One of my main reasons for making these sheets was to help others avoid some of the mistakes I noticed when putting my pack together. It would be kind of fun to put together.

But on the other hand, all of that searching is what led to my understanding of the pack and how all of its parts relate together.... it was part of the experience. ...and I've got a full time job, a two year old to raise, and the start of a remodel project in my kitchen no less.

Meh. I'm torn. Maybe I'll have a Sunday one of these weeks that I can spare.
Just do what I did, I downloaded valentino's amazing pdf, opened it in photoshop with a high dpi, and then removed the no ghost stickers and shuffled a few things then put a red strip down the side using the red from the other logos as a colour sample.

Easy to do ! valentino has done all the hard work for everybody so its really no trouble to go the extra mile yourself.
Ps i'm sure that if you don't have photoshop there are other free packages available on the Web that will do exactly the same thing.

By the way I followed the previous posts advice and ordered the synthetic weather proof silver and the white vinyl printable paper... The results were fantastic! And so much cheaper, for the price it was going to cost me to get one a4 vinyl done I got 10 sheats of each and that included the shipping to NZ...So now I don't mind about ruining a few during the weathering process :p

Ps Thank you so much Valentino! I really appreciate all the effort you put into making these stickers and making them available to us!
parksdesign wrote:I think the bumper label might be a little small.
I assume you're talking about the blue "Motor-Synchronous" label...

I just fired up photoshop and compared my decal to Stephan's plans and this reference picture: http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... e/1/12.jpg

Stephan's plans list the bumper "arms" being 1.5 inches tall... and scaling the reference picture bumper in photoshop, it appears as though the label is around 1.35 inches give or take (it's already been mentioned in this thread that this particular label is hand cut from a larger decal).

My label clocks in at around 1.04 inches... so you're right it appears. I'm at work right now, but I'll fix this over the weekend at home. Good eye... I'm amazed that it I'm nearly 3/8" off of the correct size.

Do keep in mind though, that all of the "white" border areas on actual stickers are different sizes due to being hand cut. Also, some have rounded edges and some dont depending on which pack you're looking at... Even so, it looks like I was way off somehow...

I'll scale a new decal based on the blue inner area over the weekend. Sorry everyone.

Updates

I enlarged the bumper label and threw on an n-filter stripe.

Basic Rev 5: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Pro Rev 7: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1
mburkit wrote:From scaling I've done, the bumper arm is actually closer to being 1 3/8" tall. which would make the sticker about 1 1/4" tall x 2.5" wide. Once again, each sticker is different since its hand cut.
What size are most people making their bumper castings?

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]