Valentino, thanks so much for all of the hard work. You do you fellow country men proud!
Hey Valentino_42!

Thank you,thank you, thank you! You saved me a lot of time making up Pack labels. I scaled your set down to be usable on the Matty 6" figures and printed them out on water slide decal paper. While the writing at that size on most is unreadable, the size of the labels worked out really well. The "Clippard" label wrapped right around without much overlap.

These, sir, are for you.:crunch::crunch::crunch:

And my thanks to my buddy Vincenzo330 for the "Best Reference Photos" of the Sony Hero Packs.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=22743
CaptCyan wrote:Hey Valentino_42!

Thank you,thank you, thank you! You saved me a lot of time making up Pack labels. I scaled your set down to be usable on the Matty 6" figures and printed them out on water slide decal paper. While the writing at that size on most is unreadable, the size of the labels worked out really well. The "Clippard" label wrapped right around without much overlap
Wow, that is amazing! Awesome work!
Thank you again!

Here is how my Valentino_42 Pro - Rev. 5 labels turned out.

Printed on a Canon MP610 Inkjet. The pictures I took really do not do them justice.

Sorry for the dust on the foil picture, in person they look great! Nice and crisp :D

Thank you jafillz for the link to the label company that I bought the sheets from.

http://www.texascraft.com/hps/product.p ... ctid=16180

SKU - SAP8511KK Inkjet Silver/Chrome Metallic Polyester Film -10 Sheets $15.23
SKU - WVF8511GW Inkjet Matte White Waterproof Vinyl - 10 Sheets $11.90

A little bit costly but I have extras if I need to print more for future builds/replacements.

You can also buy UV protective spray for the Vinyl and use clear protective sprays on both (the product comes with instructions on how to best protect the labels).
not bad but i have a bit of a suggestion. that foil is a bit too mirrored. the screen-used labels werent chrome, they were more of a brushed silver. if you go to print more, i'm curious to see what they'd look like if you were to hit the foil with steel wool to scuff it up a bit and maybe dull down the shine.
kind2311 wrote:not bad but i have a bit of a suggestion. that foil is a bit too mirrored. the screen-used labels werent chrome, they were more of a brushed silver. if you go to print more, i'm curious to see what they'd look like if you were to hit the foil with steel wool to scuff it up a bit and maybe dull down the shine.
Correct :)
I thought the same thing about the mirror finish, I will try the steel wool out and see if I can dull it down a bit and get a brushed effect. This is the first foil label I have been able to get my hands on.
Before I purchased this foil, I thought about trying to print on the non shiny side of aluminum foil glued to a label sheet. I might try painting a sheet with Krylon Brushed Metallic or something similar if I can't get the steel wool to work.
GeistKopf wrote:These are incredible and I 100% plan on using a set for my own pack.
Just one thing, there's still the "EQUAVALAENT" typo on one of the gearbox decals. (I know this is a 'freebie') just saying.

(You can see it in Canthors first picture)
So so so embarrassing... This was fixed in the "Basic" version way back on the 13th of November. I had some trouble with the Pro version at that point but I thought I got it fixed. (Had to resort to a "Time Machine" version of an older Pro file) Apparently I grabbed a copy from before I made the fix.

Important Pro Version Update!

Pro Rev. 6: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Sorry again!
Canthor wrote:
kind2311 wrote:not bad but i have a bit of a suggestion. that foil is a bit too mirrored. the screen-used labels werent chrome, they were more of a brushed silver. if you go to print more, i'm curious to see what they'd look like if you were to hit the foil with steel wool to scuff it up a bit and maybe dull down the shine.
Correct :)
I thought the same thing about the mirror finish, I will try the steel wool out and see if I can dull it down a bit and get a brushed effect. This is the first foil label I have been able to get my hands on.
Before I purchased this foil, I thought about trying to print on the non shiny side of aluminum foil glued to a label sheet. I might try painting a sheet with Krylon Brushed Metallic or something similar if I can't get the steel wool to work.
Before you take steel wool to your foil sheets, you might want to try some Krylon Clear Flat on a test set. It should knock down the shine and add a protective coat to the labels at the same time.

And Thanks Again! to Valentino for the upkeep of the awsome stickers.
CaptCyan wrote:Before you take steel wool to your foil sheets, you might want to try some Krylon Clear Flat on a test set. It should knock down the shine and add a protective coat to the labels at the same time.

Yeah, I would imagine there is some sort of coating over the metal sheets to make it so that the ink sticks to them. Steel wool would scrape it all off. I'd try it anyway, but keep it in mind that it might not work.

Thanks valentino_42, the labels will come in handy.
ThrowingChicken wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:Before you take steel wool to your foil sheets, you might want to try some Krylon Clear Flat on a test set. It should knock down the shine and add a protective coat to the labels at the same time.

Yeah, I would imagine there is some sort of coating over the metal sheets to make it so that the ink sticks to them. Steel wool would scrape it all off. I'd try it anyway, but keep it in mind that it might not work.

Thanks valentino_42, the labels will come in handy.

hmm i didnt think about that part. i actually received this tip from V71 when we were talking about the metallic labels on his Ecto-1's yellow side tanks.
valentino_42 wrote:So so so embarrassing... This was fixed in the "Basic" version way back on the 13th of November. I had some trouble with the Pro version at that point but I thought I got it fixed. (Had to resort to a "Time Machine" version of an older Pro file) Apparently I grabbed a copy from before I made the fix.

Important Pro Version Update!

Pro Rev. 6: https://sites.google.com/site/valentino ... ects=0&d=1

Sorry again!
No need for apologies :) and again THANK YOU! :cool: the lower right label was actually spelled correct, it was just the upper left one that had a typo

I did try and use the steel wool with different pressures / swirls / directions. It ended up not working too well. I will try the Clear Flat spray, I tried metallic spray paint (looks ok) but I don't really want to put a painted sheet into my printer :(
kind2311 wrote:hmm i didnt think about that part. i actually received this tip from V71 when we were talking about the metallic labels on his Ecto-1's yellow side tanks.
No worries :) It is all about trying different things with different materials. Your ideas and imput are appreciated.
Canthor wrote: I will try the Clear Flat spray, I tried metallic spray paint (looks ok) but I don't really want to put a painted sheet into my printer :(
Maybe try clearcoating them after they're printed? I wouldn't think it'd mess up the ink or anything, I've clearcoated printed labels without problems.
CaptCyan wrote:Yeah, print your labels first, then hit them with the Flat Coat. Guess I wasn't to CLEAR about that. :wink:
Lol I meant the blank sheet I spray painted with the Metallic silver / aluminum finish ;) It turned out looking similar to the proper brushed silver look, just didn't want to print on top of that silver paint. I was not very clear either, I definitely would use clear coat after printing :D
Awesome labels, Valentino.

As a fellow graphic designer, I am more than pleased that you fixed all the kerning problems. They were keeping me up at night. :sigh:
Thank you again valentino_42 ! :cool:

Everything I tried on the mirrored *foil* to dull it down failed...

But I found these sheets! :D(only problem is I ordered the first batch with a vertical back split by mistake so you can see a tiny crease in the middle of the sheet. New order has no slit, like the other sheets I picked up.)

Product OL177SP - Weatherproof Silver Polyester Laser - 8.5" x 11" Full Sheet Label With No Back Slit Labels

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL177SP.htm

These WILL NOT work with an Inkjet printer. I tried lol.... So I took them to a local print shop and it cost me $1 for a sheet on the color laser printer.

These look MUCH closer to the real deal than the mirrored ones I made.

Sheet is slightly reflective instead of *mirrored* and has the *brushed silver* look :)

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]