So after serching for quiet some time I could not find a good list that told the names of the parts you need to build a Proton Pack and Particle Thrower. So I made a list myself. First let me say that there maybe something missing from here so do your own double checking, but I'm sure that the numbers are correct as for how many of each part you need(if your building more then one pack multiply the parts on the list accordingly. 2 Alice frames = 2 packs, 4 injector tubes = 2 packs and so on). Next I did add an extra foot to all the tubing measurements so you have some extra length to use or in case you make a mistake. Here is the list as follows I hope everybody finds it useful. Good luck with your build.

PROTON PACK
1 x Alice Pack Frame
1 x Mother Board
1 x Pack Body
1 x Power Cell
1 x Ion Arm (GBFans Shop)
1 x Booster
1 x PPD Box + Cy1inder
1 x Crank Generator
1 x HGA
1 x Sync Generator
1 x Cyclotron
1 x Bumper
1 x N-Filter
1 x Shock Mount Bellow
1 x Booster Frame (GBFans Shop)
2 x Injector Tube
1 x Gun Mount Box
1 x Gun Mount Dixie Cup Bracket (GBFans Shop)
1 x Shock Mount
1 x Ion Arm Assembly (GBFans Shop: GB1, GB2)
2 x Alkon AQ68-P Male Connector
1 x Clippard Valve R-331
3 x Clippard #11752 Hose Barb (GBFans Shop)
3 x Clippard #15090 L-Fitting (GBFans Shop)
1 x Raytheon Crank Knob #MS91528 (GB Gray GB2 Black)
1 x Spectra Ribbon Cable
1 x Dale RH-50 Resistor (Long) (GBFans Shop)
1 x Dale PH-25 Resistor (GBFans Shop)
1 x Sage Resistor (Short) (GBFans Shop)
3 x #3109 Legris Gray Elbows
2 x #3175 Legris Brass Straight Male Connector
1 x HGA Pipe/End-Caps 2.37x2.5
1 x Ribbon Cable Clamp (GBFans Shop)
5 x Hex-Head Screws
1 x Ribbon Cable Plate Set (GBFans Shop)
1 x Power Meter Light & Cyclotron Light Kit
1 x Sound Kit
1 x 5/32” Red Tubing 5 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x ¼” Blue Tubing 3 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x ¼” Red Tubing 4 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x 5/32” Yellow Tubing 2 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x ¼” Split Loom Tubing 3 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x ¾” Split Loom Tubing 7 Feet (GBFans Shop)
1 x Set of Red And Blue Theater Gels for Cyclotron and Power Cell.
1 x Set Of Labels

PARTICLE THROWER
1 x Particle Thrower Body
2 x Handle Pipes
2 x Grips
1 x Rear Instrument Bar
1 x Front Cylinder
1 x Rear Cylinder
1 x Trigger Tip (Speculated to be a gun trigger, but I doubt it ever was)
1 x Forward Knurled Knob (Next to Clippard)
1 x Knurled Stream Adjuster Knob
1 x Bottom Cosmetic Knob Knurled Large (On right side of gun behind Heatsink)
1 x Bottom Cosmetic Knob Knurled Small (On right side of gun behind Heatsink)
2 x Double Disk Drift Velocity Knurled Knobs (On left side of gun)
1 x Clear Acrylic Tube
1 x Clippard Valve R-701
2 x Clippard #11752 Hose Barb (GBFans Shop)
1 x Gun Heatsink
3 x Toggle Switch
2 x Button Switch
3 x Light-White (These are different so pay close attention to the reference pics!)
1 x Light-Orange
1 x Light-Red
1 x Light-Grill (This is a white light.)
2 x Nycoil Banjo #55020
1 x Orange Cap
1 x ¼” Green Tubing 1 Foot (You won’t need that much, better to have a little extra) GBFans Shop
1 x 5/32 Red Tubing (You should have some of this left over from the Proton Pack)
1 x Light Kit
1 x Set Of Labels
Connect to Proton Pack using ¾” Split Loom Tubing.
Travis Burrell, holbrooke7, SBSAgent and 3 others liked this
By undertaker6x3
chibigear wrote:Hmm. this seems like a good idea, I think I'll be borrowing this and use it as a check list on our packs. After three+ years, they seem to be nearly complete. I just cannot set my mind on what to do next on them. This list helps. Thanks.
Your welcome.
By undertaker6x3
irricanian wrote:
undertaker6x3 wrote:So after serching for quiet some time I could not find a good list that told the names of the parts you need to build a Proton Pack and Particle Thrower.
http://www.multimediamayhem.net/protonpackchecklist.htm

Been there for quite some time

Good post. I saw that list for the first time today. The other thing I had been looking for was the number of parts to go with the list to know how much of each to buy or make.
By undertaker6x3
I'd like to see this get a sticky to keep this list in an easy to find spot do everybody that needs it can copy it and print it out.

How about it A.J?
By undertaker6x3
AJ Quick wrote:Amazing that I was just considering forming a group to make a whole parts list.

Would you minded if I added a few links to your post?

Go ahead A.J. I wouldn't mind at all if it'll help any of us with our builds.
2 x #3175 Legris Brass Straight Male Connector is incorrect. The 3175 number is the modern replacement part number and is not the number of the actual fittings used on the pack. The originals are 3115 series, part number 3115-54-11. Likewise the Legris elbow number listed is the modern replacement as well. I can't seem to find where I put the part number for them.

Also, the Nycoil banjo is only accurate for GB2 and afterward. The GB1 packs used Legris banjos (at least as far as can be seen). I unfortunately do not have a part number for them.
namebrand wrote:2 x #3175 Legris Brass Straight Male Connector is incorrect. The 3175 number is the modern replacement part number and is not the number of the actual fittings used on the pack. The originals are 3115 series, part number 3115-54-11. Likewise the Legris elbow number listed is the modern replacement as well. I can't seem to find where I put the part number for them.

Also, the Nycoil banjo is only accurate for GB2 and afterward. The GB1 packs used Legris banjos (at least as far as can be seen). I unfortunately do not have a part number for them.

Good eyes. If you can get me the correct numbers and names I'll make the changes to the list.
I know it says hex head screws, but it doesn't list specific sizes, and "hex head screw" isn't the proper name for them.

I'm not certain of the proper names, but I think they're steel socket head cap screws. Size 6 for the resistors and the top knob on the thrower, (most size 6 are too large, but Ace Hardware has a single size 6 which has the neccessary tiny head) size 8 I think for the ribbon cable bracket, and size 10 for everyhting else, except the ion arm which I think is 1/4.

There's also the flat head socket head screw used behind the hga label and on the two left side knobs on the thrower.

And there are button head cap screws I think they're called which are also available at Ace Hardware and which are used on the bottom of some throwers. (Some just use more thumbscrews.)

Also, on the thrower I think all the steel thumbscrews are size 8. Also, on GB1 throwers, there's two #8 and three #10 brass washers just behind the front handle, which can be seen in the closeup during the gozer encounter.

As for all the attachment bolts for the motherboard and the bumper, those are all size 10 I believe, and phillips head.
GhostGuy wrote:I'm not certain of the proper names, but I think they're steel socket head cap screws. Size 6 for the resistors and the top knob on the thrower, (most size 6 are too large, but Ace Hardware has a single size 6 which has the neccessary tiny head) size 8 I think for the ribbon cable bracket, and size 10 for everyhting else, except the ion arm which I think is 1/4.
Yep they are most commonly called "socket cap screws". The ones in the resistors and knob by the vent on the thrower should actually be #4 if memory serves. A lot of the screws that people use tend to be a little larger than is accurate (mainly because #4 is a little harder to find I imagine). Oh also, the GB1 packs used socket cap screws on the bumper as opposed to the philips used in GB2.
namebrand wrote:
GhostGuy wrote:I'm not certain of the proper names, but I think they're steel socket head cap screws. Size 6 for the resistors and the top knob on the thrower, (most size 6 are too large, but Ace Hardware has a single size 6 which has the neccessary tiny head) size 8 I think for the ribbon cable bracket, and size 10 for everyhting else, except the ion arm which I think is 1/4.
Yep they are most commonly called "socket cap screws". The ones in the resistors and knob by the vent on the thrower should actually be #4 if memory serves. A lot of the screws that people use tend to be a little larger than is accurate (mainly because #4 is a little harder to find I imagine). Oh also, the GB1 packs used socket cap screws on the bumper as opposed to the philips used in GB2.

It's possible it was a #4, it was weird it was the only one in there with the #6's with the tiny head and it was kinda long. But I tried to compare the threads with the #6's and they seemed the same. And if it was a #4, there were no others to be found. The #6 heads on the other screws wouldn't even fit inside the thrower knob.
I'd like to add that on GB1 packs, the only screws used were socket head cap screws. the only exception to this seems to be the slotted machine head screws used on the vhooks, and the button head cap screws used on certain thrower's bottom tracks.

while these have not been verified by those in the know, they are my interpretation of the VISIBLE screws used on GB1 packs.

1/4-20 to mount the shell to the mobo, also used in the HGA

10-32 for the booster frame, alum ion arm end cap, bumper arms and on some guntrack discs, other tracks have been noted to be button head cap screws.

8-32 for the ribbon cable clamp(not the P-clip) and clippard valve on the pack, and the 6 screws used to hold the bottom plate on the thrower.

6-32 for the 2 screws on the rear bar of the thrower and 2 more on the front peg and one in the barrel lock.

4-40 for the resistors on the ion arm and the top knob of the thrower.

I'd also like to add that I was unable to find a #4-40 SHCS locally and had to use #6-32's on my resistors. I eventually had to ask Umori Bawar to send me one for the top knob since I got the knobs from him, and I figured he'd have some. I recommended to him that he include the screw with his knob set from now on.
I almost forgot, there's also one little silver #6 size screw inside the stop block on the thrower behind the front grip. This seems to be missing in many reference pics, but the hole is there. There's also a, #8 I think, steel screw on the side of that same block.

Speaking of which, lengths for these screws might be useful as well. Of course what is needed will vary from pack to pack, but for some like that stop block, 1/2" or less is really neccessary.
GhostGuy wrote:I almost forgot, there's also one little silver #6 size screw inside the stop block on the thrower behind the front grip. This seems to be missing in many reference pics, but the hole is there. There's also a, #8 I think, steel screw on the side of that same block.
thats the one im talking about here:
kind2311 wrote:6-32 for the 2 screws on the rear bar of the thrower and 2 more on the front peg and one in the barrel lock.
it's a #6 in the side of the block, most likely used to attach the block to the grip. As for it being silver, I'm pretty sure its dark steel just like all the others. also, the hole on the face of the block never had anything in it as far as i can tell from reference pics and screen shots.
kind2311 wrote:
GhostGuy wrote:I almost forgot, there's also one little silver #6 size screw inside the stop block on the thrower behind the front grip. This seems to be missing in many reference pics, but the hole is there. There's also a, #8 I think, steel screw on the side of that same block.
thats the one im talking about here:
kind2311 wrote:6-32 for the 2 screws on the rear bar of the thrower and 2 more on the front peg and one in the barrel lock.
it's a #6 in the side of the block, most likely used to attach the block to the grip. As for it being silver, I'm pretty sure its dark steel just like all the others. also, the hole on the face of the block never had anything in it as far as i can tell from reference pics and screen shots.
I meant the one in the hole in the face of the block was silver. I'm not sure where I got that from though. I'm pretty sure if there's a hole there that they meant for a bolt to go in there. I couldn't find a good scene in the film where you can see that hole clearly though to confirm that, and several of the bolts on the pack clearly went missing or were changed in GB2 so the reference pics don't really confirm whether anything should be in there.
I know this is just one particular thrower in one scene, but it is on-screen and consistent with all the other pack reference pics i have seen:

(right-click and "view image" for full size)

perhaps there is a small set screw down inside there or something?
I know this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but I'm trying to build the thrower arm for my pack, and I don't even know what most of those parts are, much less where to find them, any suggestions? Since the site shop seems to only have a few things and many are out of stock.
There was another thread a while ago about a parts list as well. If you look Here, half way down the page, there is a listing of parts and where you can get them from. Now remember, its not the end all, be all list, but it should help you out a little.
mburkit wrote:There was another thread a while ago about a parts list as well. If you look Here, half way down the page, there is a listing of parts and where you can get them from. Now remember, its not the end all, be all list, but it should help you out a little.

Very helpful posting!!! Thanks for the link your list with the where to buy suggestions will be very helpful.

NRVNQSR You don't sound like an idiot for not know what the parts are. I've been a life long fan and it took me quiet a while to figure out what was what when I was putting my list together. Just look around the forum and I'm sure your questions will be answered.
Hello guys I'm new here and looking to build my own pack. And yes I have been checking out the forum but haven't reall got a complete answer to a few questions I have. Firstt, looking at that list it seems I got a lot to get so aside from the frame, what kind of dollar amount I'm I looking at to get everything? Second, to be honest I'm not the best at wiring and what not so what kinda difficulty we looking at on a scale of 1 being easy 10 being hard. And finally, I'm looking to put acual lasers in the wand so any help in that department would be great. Oh sorry one last thing, what tools will I need? Don't kill me for asking LOL like I said I'm new and while have no fear I will continue to research this site just would like a running start. I noticed on ebay there is a starter proton pack frame does anyone know if it is worth the money if so tell me asap so I can order it now. Thanks again and looking forward to the learning process and can't wait to get started!
undertaker6x3 wrote: Here is the list as follows I hope everybody finds it useful. Good luck with your build.

Is there any existing diagram that shows a picture of all these parts labelled and where they are located on the pack or wand? I need visuals... it's my thing,

Thanks for the comprehensive list though!

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]