By mburkit
Everything mostly fit together. I still need a few bolts to before I can declare it finished with dry fitting and ready for paint.

Probably the first time in this community that a metal wand has the accurate incandescent bargraph from the GB1 hero packs sitting in it. I'm super excited that it went together so well so far with just an evening's worth of work.
jackdoud, Kingpin, legend642 and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
Not sure...

I'm trying to remember if the forum had downtime between the start of this year, and April of 2015... if a load of posts that were here from that period had vanished, it could have been due to some down time resulting from a hack, but I honestly can't remember anymore.
By mburkit
Jack would be correct. I became extremely burned out over the past 2 years in regards to the Ghostbusters fandom.

This sucker has been sitting down in my basement, collecting dust right in front of my Game Pack on my work bench. I'm at the point that I need to wire wrap electronics for the pack and install the electronics I designed and created for the wand as well. The front handle is not painted yet because I am still debating if I need to drill out a hole on the bottom edge of the one gun ear for the flash bulb wiring. There are not many reference photos of the OMNI pack that shows whether or not they bothered to drill a hole to pass through a wire to the banjo and up into the tip of the acrylic.

Here's some photos of how it looks now:

One day I will finish this pack because I have thousands of dollars into it. And when I do, I will come back and finish this thread, if anyone cares.
KoCo, twmedford23, legend642 and 1 others liked this
By mburkit
And I'm back to this build. I ended up selling my Stantz pack and used that as a reason to finish this pack to wear. I wanted to share some photos.

One of the first things I did when I returned to this project was make my latch for the popping mechanism of the thrower.

I made it out of several cut up nails and welded them to a steel tube. This next photo will be the closest to what you may ever see to screen accurate popping mechanism in a fan made pack.

Basically, its the combination of the welded nail latch and the music wire + spring that leads into the front handle, where it pushes against a 7/8" OD aluminum rod that is seated inside the inner most tube of the front handle.

Anyway, after completing the wand, I then proceeded to installing the electronics in the pack. Hopefully in this photo, you can see what I was kinda going for.

And with that, the pack is done and ready for Halloween 2019.

And just for fun. . .

This pack is done. I will be building a new one next year that will be similar to this one but with incandescent lights in it. Until next time, thanks!
twmedford23, obiwanjabroni, ccv66 and 8 others liked this
By pchrisbosh1
Awesome stuff as per usual Burkit. I'm glad you finished and good seeing you around sir, kind of like old times.
mburkit liked this
By mburkit
pchrisbosh1 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 4:00 pm Awesome stuff as per usual Burkit. I'm glad you finished and good seeing you around sir, kind of like old times.
Thanks! My buddy has one of your shells that we are finally going to put together next year. I'm excited to work with it.
twmedford23 wrote:Any chance we can get some high res images?
High res images of my pack? Or of what exactly?
twmedford23 liked this
By mburkit
One last post regarding a recent adventure I went on with this pack. Since I sold my old GB1 Ray Stantz pack to finish this pack, I no longer owned a GB1 pack with any signatures on it. Well, just my luck, Dan Aykroyd was coming to a Liquor store within an hour and a half of my home on November 15th, so I decided to get this sucker signed.

So here's the story of how that day went. . . November 15th was also the last day at my previous job prior to me moving to a new job a week later. Because it was my last day and I was a program director, I couldn't just not show up; I wanted to make sure I left on good terms. With that stated, I stayed until roughly 2pm then drove my ass an hour and a half to the signing event. Upon arriving, there was already a line of 400+ people waiting for the 4pm event. I grabbed my pack and made my way to the end of the line. As I walked, a staff member of the Liquor store supporting the event stopped me and asked if I had an arm band for the event. I said, "no, but I am interested in learning how to get one." He told me you have to buy a bottle of Crystal Head first then they would give you an arm band. The issue was, the liquor store had already sold out of all 1000 bottles. He told me if I went to one of the other state owned liquor stores in the area and purchased a bottle and returned with the bottle and the receipt, they would give me an arm band and let me participate.

Welp, this began my next hour of hell. I spent an hour driving to 3 other liquors in the area, all of which were sold out. At the last one, the manager looked in their computer system and told me that they were sold out of Crystal Head Vodka across the county and I wasn't going to be getting one. At this point, I was defeated and planned to head home. But of course I had to complain on social media first. After doing so, I get a message from my only friend on my facebook friends list that I still have from High School. He noted that he and his wife were there and they purchased 2 bottles of vodka but only wanted 1 thing signed and my pack could be the second item. I offered to pay them for one of their bottles of vodka as a thank you, but they declined, stating that the only reason they were there in the first place was because of me posting about it weeks in advance. Lucky for me, I didn't even want a signed bottle of vodka anyway; just my pack signed. So I returned to the event, found them in line, then proceeded to wait 2 and a half hours to get my pack signed by Danny Aykroyd. What a pain in the ass. But it all worked out.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Also, I may or may not have low key dressed slightly like Luis Tully in the deleted scene from GB2.

Of course he signed right where my speaker holes were on the motherboard. Whatever, now it's signed. While waiting in line, I realized that there probably won't be many more opportunities to get my stuff signed as Dan and the rest of the cast are getting up there in age. Even though it was stressful, I am glad I went out there and figured out how to get this signed.
RedSpecial, twmedford23, Austin and 2 others liked this
By mburkit
Greetings everyone!

Small update on this pack. There was a discussion I was part of in regards to how the bellow was attached to the bumper in GB1. The question was if it was attached through the Cyclotron with a spacer on the bolt as seen in the hero packs' current states. Well, leave it to Jack Doud to find evidence in the 4k rip of Ghostbusters.

As you can see, in this screen cap, it appears that the bellow is held on by a bolt that ONLY goes through the bumper. The longer bolt and spacer were GB2 retrofits.

Needless to say, I had to fix a hole and get a shorter bolt.

Not that anyone would notice or know what would be screen accurate. But I would know. . . I would know. :sigh:
Last edited by mburkit on April 17th, 2021, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedSpecial, JWils23, Kingpin and 4 others liked this
By pchrisbosh1
And I was under the impression we had these packs figured out inside and out. Still learning something new....good stuff Burky I never would have thunk. I can't even remember how I rigged my bellow might have to take a look.
Kingpin, mburkit liked this
By mburkit
pchrisbosh1 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 5:57 am And I was under the impression we had these packs figured out inside and out. Still learning something new....good stuff Burky I never would have thunk. I can't even remember how I rigged my bellow might have to take a look.
Thanks! I try to make updates as I find stuff out. Not sure how much more there is to update on my pack, but I'll keep fixing it as new information comes out.
RedSpecial liked this
By mburkit
After all of these years, I finally have a space that I am using as a prop room/theater room. We just got done painting the room purple (as a homage to the purple used on RGB toys and packaging). Now I have my packs up on the wall. I still have more to do within the space, but I am just so excited to have all of my packs on display.

I have engraved name plates coming as well as display cases to house more of the smaller props. I also have TONS of art I need to comb through and figure out what I'm going to hang up. But for now, here are my 5 proton packs and a rocket pack. Maybe I'll decide I need a 6th pack after November 11, 2021.
RedSpecial, Kingpin, l3w1sb159 and 4 others liked this
By alphabeta001
Damn this is a thing of beauty as always. Of course I see this mention about the bolt and the bumper after I finish mine with the hole through the cyclotron lol

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]