By Ecto24601
Recently I remembered the TV show "Emergency" which I loved to watch in the 90s here in Germany. I was happy to find out that the engines used reside in the LA County fire museum. As both the squad and engine 51 are pretty famous screen cars and with the whole Ghostbusters-firefighter connection anyways I wondered if anyone had done a Ecto conversion based on a former fire engine. Has anyone seen any of that kind?
By Kingpin
I think the only fire engine Ectomobiles were an unreleased Kenner toy:

A vehicle in the second half of Extreme Ghostbusters' Back in the Saddle two-parter:

-And one of those kiddie rides from the 1980s:

Moving away from Ghostbusters, there's this offering from LEGO's discontinued Hidden Side range:

Due to their size and operating costs (and likely due to a lot of retired models being snapped up by film and television productions), I don't think anyone has converted a full-scale fire engine into an Ecto.
By Alex Newborn
Well, I wouldn't have mentioned this otherwise, but since the subject of toy versions had already been breached:

In the late 80s or early 90s, I took one of these old Kenner Play-Doh firetrucks...

... and repainted it into this, which I dubbed the Ecto-5.

The red vinyl letters were from a set I bought to make a slime blower, hence why I figure it must've been after GB2.

Also, I think the NOW comic for RGB had already established an Ecto-4, which is why I went with 5. If anyone knows the dates that vehicle first appeared, it could nail down when I made this.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
By Fritz
Alex Newborn wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:20 am Also, I think the NOW comic for RGB had already established an Ecto-4, which is why I went with 5. If anyone knows the dates that vehicle first appeared, it could nail down when I made this.

Alex
Mentioned in #6 as "ECTO-3", but actually called ECTO-4 when it first appeared in #7. The book was cover dated March 1989, so was released two or three months earlier than that, about December 1998 or January 1989.
By Alex Newborn
Thanks for looking all of that up, I haven't uncrated my comics or my old correspondence with Jim Van Hise in years.

I got to see a lot of the issues early now that I think about it, though. Sometimes just as photocopies of his scripts, sometimes as photocopies of the black and white inks before the colorists did the final versions. So I might've known Ecto-4's final name early... in fact I might very well have been one of the people who warned him the cartoon had already done a vehicle called the Ecto-3.

Re-reading the old letters is like listening to half a conversation though. I mailed him my half of the conversation 32 years ago, and I only have his replies left.

Alex
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]