By transam99
So i am thinking of modifying my ecto to have the gunners seat. I have an idea on how to make the seat setup and my doors are already suicide style. My question is how do i get the door to open all the way back. Right now it opens about 110 degrees but i was hoping for more. It dosnt have to fold all the way back like the new ecto1.
Prime 1986 liked this
By 1964ambulance
I've been thinking of something similar. You'd just need to replace the door hinges with something similar to a Wrangler or an old VW Bug -- problem is the door is just so heavy, you'd probably have to have hinges lining it all the way down.

But then you run into alignment problems. What have you been thinking of doing?
By danimal
The jeep wagoneer and cherokee front door hinges up to 91 can be used to make suicide style hinges for the rear doors, but they run into the same problem as the stock suicide coach doors in that you'll only get about 90 degrees at best out of them... with either setup you have to add on another standard close fit door hinge to the end of the suicided door hing to give it the other 90 degrees. There is also a 180 degree door hinge kit out there that does about the same thing, but it's about $700 each if you can call direct and only get one door worth out of the $1400 set. Imagehttps://www.scissor-doors.com/cart/inde ... s_id=11356 It is easier to align and all that jazz though. I will be incorporating the secondary hinge for my build... and I'll post up pics/kids as I do the project in the next few weeks.
By lifelongfan
You could grab the rear cargo door hinges off of a Ford van, if I'm not mistaken the Transit vans (full size) have a double hinged door that allows it to open and swing all the way around to the side of the van. They're pretty beefy hinges, so I doubt they would have trouble with an Ecto door. Just a thought...

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]