By Ghostbuster Kid
Well, my project is almost finished! I've always wanted an ecto, and here's what I have so far. I call it my " Ecto Patrol" vehicle, my line of thought being like a rural fire department where you might only need one or two ghostbusters for a job. Only thing left is the no ghost magnets, which are on their way.
BRD 527 liked this
By BRD 527
You could always email them to yourself from your phone.

I use postimage https://postimages.org/

I hope you are able to figure it out! I am looking forward to seeing your "Ecto P71" I have a 94 :mrgreen:
By Ghostbuster Kid
I'm going for a command/patrol vehicle, for like when only one or two ghostbusters are needed or they are just patrolling an area looking for suspicious activity related to ghosts. Decals are on the way and I'll upload everything when I get it.
By BRD 527
Ghostbuster Kid wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:46 pm I'm going for a command/patrol vehicle, for like when only one or two ghostbusters are needed or they are just patrolling an area looking for suspicious activity related to ghosts. Decals are on the way and I'll upload everything when I get it.
That's kind of the same story I went with, cant wait to see it with the decals!
By BRD 527
Started with just the No Ghost logo's on the front door's 2yr ago but updated it last May :blush:

By Ghostbuster Kid
Nice! Looks awesome! Did it have a lightbar once? I may actually have a picture of it that I used as a reference for mine!
By BRD 527
Here is a link to a few pics I posted in another topic. I have 2 different lightbars a 48" Federal Signal Aerodynic and a 48" Whelen Edge. The car is my daily driver so I only put the party bars on for well party's lol the car already gets bad enough MPG without :-P

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10949&start=600#p4918339
By BRD 527
Ha! That's awesome, small world indeed! :mrgreen:
By Macktacular
Hey, that's great! I love seeing old service vehicles put into this kind of role - they already look the part 'cause we see them doing other civic services. You both did an awesome job. Kid, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this and what your take is going to be.

Does it have any kind of rack on the inside of the trunk? Something mounted there to hold a pack / traps / some kind of equipment would make for a very neat touch.
By Ghostbuster Kid
Gonna work on building something like that, along with a custom uniform and a pack and trap out of cardboard (I dont have hundreds to spend on replicas) and other stuff. I might end up getting the spirit halloween proton pack as in only 5'7" and modding it a bit, but we'll see.
By Macktacular
Keep your eyes peeled for junk you find that has an interesting shape then. I made a ghost trap out of an old APC and a frying pan handle, and at a con I saw a kid who had made a proton pack out of an old printer and a light-up toy gun, and he was super proud of it. I will say this; if you ever find a broken Acti-Fry, tear it apart. The grey thing inside is shaped A LOT like a cyclotron.
By Ghostbuster Kid
planning on using a kleenex box for the base of the trap, and have diagrams for the proton pack. i am kinda a science nerd so im gonna have a "custom version" of each with modded parts and additions i think would be cool, as well as making a specific trap and pack that have bluetooth speakers( i found a great nutrona wand app and ghost trap app on google play). BTW does anyone know if theres an ecto 1 siren app anywhere?
By Ghostbuster Kid
And here's the finished product:
FrontImage:
Driver side: Image
Rear: Image
And Passenger Side: Image
I cant wait to see people's reactions when I drive it around town!
BRD 527 liked this
By BRD 527
Is the gumball machine on the roof magnet mount?
By Macktacular
Looks pretty solid! Since you've already got some magnet decals, you can add more as you feel like it, like the "call us" and "we believe you" lines, etc. I will say that I've seen another project vehicle on here that used spray foam and some green paints to cover the rust damage and make it look like slime, that might be something fun to add in the future.
By BRD 527
Most of my lights are leftovers from working as a security guard for 17 years so they are green which is a unrestricted color in my state and used by most security companies with Amber & White. Aside from my Federal Signal Aerodynic which is Amber/Amber (also have a set or Red/Red and Red/Blue dome's still searching for a second blue dome!) I use a magnetic Green SVP teardrop halogen rotating light that goes on a metal plate on my dash and a dual strobe old model Whelen Flatlighter on the passenger sun visor. The green spotlight bulb is new I found colored Par46 bulbs on Ebay (they came in Red, Blue or Green) and interestingly enough had a picture of Ecto-1 as an example for the blue bulbs lol

By BRD 527
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ebay for everything, all the GB vinyl stickers came in a set (I bought 2 sets incase i messed anything up which i did lol) and the yellow/black striping is 3" 3M reflective tape (2" on the trunk lid) ill have to dig through my purchase history I bought everything a few years ago and took a while applying everything :sigh:

Im located in DuPage County for now :whatever:

~edit~

Well that was easier than I thought!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-E ... 2697327695
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Striped-Reflec ... 0845824048
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]