Fifthrider wrote: I'm telling you, as the person whose mouth these words came out of, this was a guess and not a calculated fact. If you ever hear these figures rehashed again on someone else's website to inflate the value, just know the context. If Volo were going to include their Eureka in with the "200" made of 88-to-92 M&M Combos and 124 Superior Hearses then we might as well add in all Miller Meteors made in '59 ( hundreds ) and all Superiors made in that same year, not to mention all the S&S and Eurekas. Grand total is about 4,000+ commercial chassis cars that could be an Ecto.
Cadillac made 2184 Commercial Chassis total in 1959. So that is your available pool of chassis for all coachbuilders and all Cadillac based body styles offered in '59. In 1959 M-M had 12 different models available. So their portion of the 2184 chassis was further divided among the 12 different models they made. So in reality, you are looking at a much small potential pool of 1959's to use as a base for an Ecto.
Aw, man, that's a beauty, too bad it doesn't come with the roof rack as well...
TheEcto1a wrote:Cadillac made 2184 Commercial Chassis total in 1959. So that is your available pool of chassis for all coachbuilders and all Cadillac based body styles offered in '59. In 1959 M-M had 12 different models available. So their portion of the 2184 chassis was further divided among the 12 different models they made. So in reality, you are looking at a much small potential pool of 1959's to use as a base for an Ecto.

I'm late to this topic but thanks for answering. My source was a hearse forum and although their webpage is gone I printed out their figures and kept it in a 3-ring binder. I'm not sure what your source is but you sound like you know what you're talking about so if asked a question like this again, I'll use your figures until I see anything different. Thanks.
zombielucas wrote:
lotuseleven wrote:The 59 Eureka combination in the Bullock auction (nebraska) just sold for $19,000. similar condition to my 59 M+M. which just sold on ebay. Crazy money!
I saw this! Congrats! That is awesome. Both were very cool cars.
Sorry we couldn't work out a deal, but like I said, crazy money. I'd never be able to see my way to that kind of price.
lotuseleven wrote:Sorry we couldn't work out a deal, but like I said, crazy money. I'd never be able to see my way to that kind of price.
Not at all. I am glad you were able to get your asking price. I only wish I could've come closer. The right car will come along at some point, I'm still learning a lot about them. Do you still have the '62?
Ou7of7ime wrote:http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4604387557.html
Just a little rust on this 61 Caddy.
I suspect it's better than it looks in the pics. Colorado is a very dry climate, and they don't salt the roads like they do in other places. these old caddies have pretty thick sheetmetal, you can grind a lot and not go through. Bigger problem is the rear glass, you will never find replacement glass. would be a good mule for my flower car parts!

And oh, BTW, that windshield is going to run you north of a $ grand
Fifthrider wrote:
TheEcto1a wrote:Cadillac made 2184 Commercial Chassis total in 1959. So that is your available pool of chassis for all coachbuilders and all Cadillac based body styles offered in '59. In 1959 M-M had 12 different models available. So their portion of the 2184 chassis was further divided among the 12 different models they made. So in reality, you are looking at a much small potential pool of 1959's to use as a base for an Ecto.

I'm late to this topic but thanks for answering. My source was a hearse forum and although their webpage is gone I printed out their figures and kept it in a 3-ring binder. I'm not sure what your source is but you sound like you know what you're talking about so if asked a question like this again, I'll use your figures until I see anything different. Thanks.
Production numbers are from Cadillac Historical Records. Also documented in the "Black Book" of Professional cars.

There is a lot of misinformation on the internet. :) Anyone can claim anything they want on the internet. And there are a lot of "experts" on forums and webpages. :) Usually those people are trying to sell you something, or trying to get you to join something.

I wasn't trying to be a pain or an "expert'. I just wanted the real numbers out there as the reality is that there never were a lot of these cars to begin with, and even fewer survived that are the correct year, make and model for an Ecto. :) That's partially why the prices are so high usually when you find a '59. There is a ton of demand, and a very limited supply.
Found a '62 in Portland....somewhere.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4975108660.html
No pictures and sounds like a massive rebuild for $3k to start.
1962 M&M Cadillac 3 way Hearse - (Port Crane,NY)

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/5137630880.html

If it does get converted, please save the table! Or use it as the pack rack?

Here is an '83 Reboot Ecto in North Carolina if you are so inclined:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5135400123.html

'84 near Albuquerque in the "correct" color, but needs engine work:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5136236687.html

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]